Moderators: marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin, Rich196

Plantjuk
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: A rival for Carly? Bimmercode

Post by Plantjuk » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:01 am

Mr Kirk wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:51 am
Plantjuk wrote:The fact that with carly you can only use a wifi adapter when using an iOS device I'd say that as bimmercode is an iOS only app then you'll need a wifi adapter to connect to the car not a Bluetooth.
That may be the case.

Still doesn't help solve the issue of the dongle not connecting via Bluetooth.
That's what I'm trying to say. Apple don't support connections like that via Bluetooth so it won't work at all unless you have the vgate wifi one.
M135i LCI, mineral grey, auto, bus nav, power folding mirrors, heated seats, coral red leather and front & rear pdc, performance grills, BMS exhaust tips, enhanced Bluetooth, office function and 8.8" screen coded via bimmercode app.

Mr Kirk
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

A rival for Carly? Bimmercode

Post by Mr Kirk » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:03 am

Plantjuk wrote:
Mr Kirk wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:51 am
Plantjuk wrote:The fact that with carly you can only use a wifi adapter when using an iOS device I'd say that as bimmercode is an iOS only app then you'll need a wifi adapter to connect to the car not a Bluetooth.
That may be the case.

Still doesn't help solve the issue of the dongle not connecting via Bluetooth.
That's what I'm trying to say. Apple don't support connections like that via Bluetooth so it won't work at all unless you have the vgate wifi one.
What do you mean by connections like that?
It's just Bluetooth. Surely it would appear as a device when scanning for Bluetooth devices?

The icar packaging and instructions all say that it is iOS compatible.

Mr Kirk
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Mr Kirk » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:16 pm

Third time lucky. Finally got an icar which works.

NickCardiff
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by NickCardiff » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:10 am

I’ve coded in plenty of things with BimmerCode and the vGate dongle which they recommend.

When I try to code in IDrive 6, nothing changes visually, has anyone else encountered this? Also, is there any way of finding out the VIN number of the car using the app as I’ve retrofitted my Pro Nav HU and don’t have the donor car details.
2013 BMW 125D M Sport

GingerOtter
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by GingerOtter » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:24 pm

NickCardiff wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:10 am
I’ve coded in plenty of things with BimmerCode and the vGate dongle which they recommend.

When I try to code in IDrive 6, nothing changes visually, has anyone else encountered this? Also, is there any way of finding out the VIN number of the car using the app as I’ve retrofitted my Pro Nav HU and don’t have the donor car details.
Did you code idrive 6 lite? You can’t have the new idrive 6 as that is the touch screen version.

Also not sure if your car has the right hardware being a 2013 build but someone on here will let you know.
66 M140i, Auto, F20, Sapphire Black, ACS Sports Suspension, Focal audio upgrade

17 LR Discovery HSE Lux

Previous
RR Evoque Dyn Lux
Z4 35is M DCT (2X)
Seat Ibiza FR

NickCardiff
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by NickCardiff » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:13 pm

GingerOtter wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:24 pm
NickCardiff wrote:

Did you code idrive 6 lite? You can’t have the new idrive 6 as that is the touch screen version.

Also not sure if your car has the right hardware being a 2013 build but someone on here will let you know.

Yeah I tried iDrive 6 light but nothin changed, I’ll do it again as I may not have codednit correctly. Also, my new HU is from a 2015 LCI car.
2013 BMW 125D M Sport

GingerOtter
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by GingerOtter » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:36 pm

NickCardiff wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:13 pm
GingerOtter wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:24 pm
NickCardiff wrote:

Yeah I tried iDrive 6 light but nothin changed, I’ll do it again as I may not have codednit correctly. Also, my new HU is from a 2015 LCI car.
Hmm there is an obvious change with the larger tiles so you’ll see it. Try it again. HMI ID Version is the key. There is coding for just HMI Version which doesn’t do anything if I remember.

The HU might be 2015 but your combox in the boot might not support it. I’m not sure on the differences but it did change in 2014 I think.

17 LR Discovery HSE Lux

Previous
RR Evoque Dyn Lux
Z4 35is M DCT (2X)
Seat Ibiza FR

dave1343

Post by dave1343 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:44 pm

Changed my ASD the other day. At first it worked but in the morning if disappeared and I had no ASD at all. Also I now seem to have no bass coming through my sub listening to music. This is with Harmon Kardon. Anyone got any ideas ?

Crazy_Raesy
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Crazy_Raesy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:28 am

dave1343 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:44 pm
Changed my ASD the other day. At first it worked but in the morning if disappeared and I had no ASD at all. Also I now seem to have no bass coming through my sub listening to music. This is with Harmon Kardon. Anyone got any ideas ?

What car do you have and what settings did you change?

PazzaAE86
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by PazzaAE86 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:11 pm

Ordered dongle today... Has anyone coded out adaptive dampers on this? I've had a look through the expert mode thingy but my German isn't so good...

Thanks
F21 M135i - Silver - ZF 8 speed - HSD Coilovers - MPE - BBS Style 216 wheels

Wibbles

Post by Wibbles » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:34 pm

PazzaAE86 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:11 pm
Ordered dongle today... Has anyone coded out adaptive dampers on this? I've had a look through the expert mode thingy but my German isn't so good...

Thanks
you would need to make a LOT of changes to 3 different ECU's in order to do this - way better & easier to use a proper cable and software.
F21 M135i - AW CR - lots of options.
Coding for all BMW's: Enquiries@BRdiagnostics.co.uk
Please visit my BabyBMW sponsors section: Here
BRD on Facebook

Tubes
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Tubes » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:12 pm

Is EBT working fully? Followed a set of instructions a friend gave me (from this thread) but I can’t get the option to add two phones but do appear to have some more (but not full) office functions but that might just be the update it ID6 lite....

smee

Post by smee » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:27 pm

Any with android version able to check something for me

I am trying to code the number of flashes the indicator blinks when you touch the indicator stalk. Default is 3 flashes. I have seen a screen shot of the app where in fem module you have a section that is called Indicator which had 3 option. 1 being the number of flashes or cycles. I don't seem to be able to see that on my app? See attached picture.

I tried going to expert mode in to section 3060 then down to BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP but I don't see the option werte to change to x-1. See other picture below.

I have tried on 2 different cars today 25th November and they both show the same but is an option on esys.
Screenshot_20171125-220543.png
Screenshot_20171125-220543.png (135.37 KiB) Viewed 578 times
Screenshot_20171125-220423.png
Screenshot_20171125-220423.png (119.25 KiB) Viewed 578 times

GingerOtter
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by GingerOtter » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:40 am

Tubes wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:12 pm
Is EBT working fully? Followed a set of instructions a friend gave me (from this thread) but I can’t get the option to add two phones but do appear to have some more (but not full) office functions but that might just be the update it ID6 lite....
You don’t get office even with factory option. Via Bimmercode the key things it does is being able to read text messages out loud in the car (only ones received whilst in the car) and ability to have two phones attached at the same time. Emails and calendar have always been available in ID5 via connected drive. Although email doesn’t always work. The exchange add on for Outlook solves this.

Tbh I found EBT to be hit and miss via Bimmercode. I don’t think all the coding is correct. Text msg function didn’t work immediately then started working 2 weeks later. The phones didn’t really work either. I could set up two phones but could never get them to connect at the same time. I removed the coding as don’t need it and to make sure I’m not messing up the system for no reason.

You may have better luck having it professionally coded but tbh it’s not worth it in my humble opinion.

17 LR Discovery HSE Lux

Previous
RR Evoque Dyn Lux
Z4 35is M DCT (2X)
Seat Ibiza FR

Tubes
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Tubes » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:44 am

GingerOtter wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:40 am
Tubes wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:12 pm
You don’t get office even with factory option. Via Bimmercode the key things it does is being able to read text messages out loud in the car (only ones received whilst in the car) and ability to have two phones attached at the same time. Emails and calendar have always been available in ID5 via connected drive. Although email doesn’t always work. The exchange add on for Outlook solves this.

Tbh I found EBT to be hit and miss via Bimmercode. I don’t think all the coding is correct. Text msg function didn’t work immediately then started working 2 weeks later. The phones didn’t really work either. I could set up two phones but could never get them to connect at the same time. I removed the coding as don’t need it and to make sure I’m not messing up the system for no reason.

You may have better luck having it professionally coded but tbh it’s not worth it in my humble opinion.
Thanks.

The sole reason I’m looking for it is for connecting two phones, having to disconnect one and reconnect the other is tiresome and I frequently have people ringing both. I’m not particularly interested in any of the office functions, though email would be useful if in standstill traffic.

Return to “Coding/Software”