Baby BMW Forum banner

VIM and Mirroring ID5 ID6

15K views 48 replies 18 participants last post by  3Rivers6Rings 
#1 ·

Great bit of coding for ID5 and ID6

#4 ·
Hmm collected car and scanned with Rheingold, this tells me after enabling wifi that my antenna has an open circuit.
Possibly needs a antenna so looking into this when M2 comes home as it has an antenna so expect different results.

#7 ·
Tubes said:
So Carplay should be an easier retrofit then if they all have antenna's?
Carplay can be added yes, you can check your vin to confirm you have antenna

Ok all screen mirroring is mostly working now, very cool little setup. Once i have coded all features i will update thread.

#10 ·
Quick video my son made to show mirroring on idrive 5.
It uses Wifi for video streaming so wifi needs coded on.
The audio is done through BT or Wifi but BT works like EBT and uses the cars audio system like a BT speaker so tablet/phone controls volume.

#14 ·
What's the part code for WiFi antenna sonny? Be great if can do screen mirroring from a bit of extra code, means waze on the pro nav screen!

#16 ·
ratedrkstevo said:
sonnyx said:
am1 said:
What's the part code for WiFi antenna sonny? Be great if can do screen mirroring from a bit of extra code, means waze on the pro nav screen!
140 with pro nav has antenna already
So how do we code this??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah keen to find this out. Would make the pro nav cost much easier to swallow!

#17 ·
am1 said:
ratedrkstevo said:
sonnyx said:
So how do we code this??

Yeah keen to find this out. Would make the pro nav cost much easier to swallow!
ratedrkstevo said:
sonnyx said:
am1 said:
So how do we code this??

PM me chaps your email and i will send you info needed to do yourself.
Mind i take no ownership of the changes you make to your pro nav

#22 ·
Thanks! I've VO coded 6NS (from 6NH) and can pair two phones, but don't see a separate Office menu. Does 6NW need to be coded for this to work?

#25 ·
sonnyx said:
surayne said:
Thanks! I've VO coded 6NS (from 6NH) and can pair two phones, but don't see a separate Office menu. Does 6NW need to be coded for this to work?
PM sent with instructions
PM sent :) Would be great if you could forward me the info! and perhaps you have figured out VIM also?

Cheers, Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.