Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196, TRL

CJ92
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: 440i M Sport Gran Coupe, Q4 PCP deal 2017

Post by CJ92 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:17 am

carlover wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:28 pm
Hello CJ92 fair questions ,a long story short my 120d auto timing chain went ,put a secondhand engine in"£2500 .This kept using water. 3 times back to the place that put it in everytime they said it was sorted each time it wasnt,was getting nowhere with them. Saw a 3 series secondhand car year old on the internet at a BMW dealer went up there 50 miles away.It had gone ,they offered me £4500 for my car PX for a new 125d on PCP couldnt believe my luck thought it was scrapvalue told them it was a secondhand engine all they were worried about was if the obc had been put back to zero ,it hadnt,they needed the service history book(funny that,the engine was no longer in it) I kept schtum about the water.

Took a call to say the build was 5 months not 5 weeks.They had a new 330d Luxury becauase it was supported (new model at the time 125d wasnt) same monthlies. So I said yes.My 120d was se no probs so thought the Luxury would be better,but it was a floating blangmange just couldnt live with it worse suspension in 20 years of driving new middle of the road company cars so hence ACS. If I hand it back I will not mention it tey are getting something back that is better than the original in my book...Hey I did say PCP was The Devils Finance but that doesnt mean I wont dance with him again :mrgreen:
Thanks for the detailed reply carlover I now fully appreciate where your coming from.
What are you thinking of replacing the 330d with, I think keeping pcp as an option is definitely a good move as possibly is pch which will be my next move. :)
Just another 1series. :)

carlover
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by carlover » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:06 pm

Hi again Cj well I emailed TRL to get me a quote on a 330d about two weeks a go but he never got back to me.

So I am thinking the shedload miles I do the MPG is so good it may outweigh any Diesel penalties that cities put into place including my Car Parking Permit which the London Borough next to mine charges 50% more for diesel even euro 6. If not diesel then the 240i deal on PCP is very good isnt it,I will test drive one and get some miles on a motorway to see if I could live with the MPG which showss up on the OBC at the end of that test drive.

I really fancy a 440i GC but far more expensive * imagine that with a MPPK :)

Then I have to say if that Hyundai 130i N had an auto which it doesnt id maybe would have got that and on HP as its not too expensive not PCP sad it doesnt because it gets fantastic reviews
Good Luck mate

Exaudiman

Post by Exaudiman » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:21 pm

So soooo torn between a 440i and the 435d !! I will be doing 4 Birmingham to Heathrow commutes per month (main drives) then just general short trips to town. Obviously the 440i is the better drivers car , but what would the MPG be like on a motorway run ? Would the 435d be a deal breaker because of the economy

carlover
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by carlover » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:58 pm

Exaudiman wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:21 pm
So soooo torn between a 440i and the 435d !! I will be doing 4 Birmingham to Heathrow commutes per month (main drives) then just general short trips to town. Obviously the 440i is the better drivers car , but what would the MPG be like on a motorway run ? Would the 435d be a deal breaker because of the economy
Hello ex Audiman ,firstly someone who I read on another forum seems a straight guy reckons he can get 45mpg on motorway trips in his 440i problem is I cant remeber if he was really dawdling or doing 70/75 mph. Re the 435d x drive it has a good few MPG less than my 330d probably the x drive which you have to have so in your case id go 440i all day. Plus the xdrive even with adaptive suspension doesnt handle that well. If I was going again diesel I still wouldnt get a 35d id get a 330d and put on the bmw MPPK (if I wanted more power but really its more than fast enough trust me)

Now this guy has a 335d and is in a 330d with MPPK its a very intersting vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWM_bR7KR60

and re that 40i mpg http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showth ... ?t=1250292

CJ92

Post by CJ92 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:17 pm

carlover wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:58 pm
Now this guy has a 335d and is in a 330d with MPPK its a very intersting vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWM_bR7KR60
Good video carlover and I now understand what you are saying with regard to the MPPK on the 330d.

Friend of mine went from his 320d Coupe into a 335d xdrive and just could'nt gel with it. He jumped out of it as soon as he could into a 235i which he loves.

Not like Tony not to respond to your email, have you tried him again it well may be worth it.. :wink:
Just another 1series. :)

Return to “TRL @ Berry Heathrow BMW”