Baby BMW Forum banner

Berry Heathrow Hog Roast on a Sunday evening 20th August

11K views 50 replies 24 participants last post by  TRL 
#1 ·
Hi Guys. As some of you know we have been working closely with Joe Achilles.
We both think it would be a great idea to get maybe 100 of our friends together for a meet
at the Heathrow Showroom.
We are planning to keep the showroom for BMW, BMWi and MINI open from 4pm to 8pm.
We will have some of the team on hand to chat to you, and Joe and I will be there to do a meet and greet
with everyone. you can all show your cars off as we will close the road off to traffic so everyone can park
diagonally across the road... what a great sight it could be if we get enough of our BMW owners together.
We will not be able to do any test drives.... this is not about selling cars.... but we will ensure we have some
light refreshments available and a Hog Roast will be served from 5pm to 6pm.

So the date in mind... is Sunday 20th August from 4pm to 8pm.
We are 2 miles from the M4.M25 junction.

Berry Heathrow BMW, Stone Close, West Drayton. UB7 8JU

Who would be able to make it and are you interested...? :band:

See less See more
#28 ·
Its 100 + miles for me but I'm a strong maybe as I do love a Hog roast, can I have extra crackling please ?

#29 ·
ugly_bloke said:
Not far from me so I should be in. Should make the long wait for my M140i more bearable! My modest 120d will accompany me for now.
I've upgraded myself from a should to a will. Looking forward to it as this will be my first car related meet. See you guys later. :celebrate:

#34 ·
Thanks to Tony and team for organising the event and hog roast yesterday it was good to see you.

There was some very nice metal on display and it was also good to meet Joe Achilles who was doing some filming for his YouTube channel, BabyBMW members, and others in attendance.

The weather held out for the majority of the afternoon!

#35 ·
It was good to meet everyone, some great cars on show and loads of M2's. Had to shoot off early but seemed I left just in time before it rained.

Gary were you the one I met that was semi interested in the used M4?

#36 ·
Jamie214 said:
It was good to meet everyone, some great cars on show and loads of M2's. Had to shoot off early but seemed I left just in time before it rained.

Do you mean the orange M3? If so then yes mate that was me :)

#37 ·
Gary_LB said:
Jamie214 said:

Do you mean the orange M3? If so then yes mate that was me :)
Yes that's the one! Confused by the amount of M2's, 3's, 4's in one place, which is never a bad thing!

Good to meet you.

#39 ·
Great afternoon all. Left just as the rain started. My 120d looked a bit out of place amongst a sea of M cars!

#43 ·
D6EML said:
Sold the m135 bp?
What's next ?

Dean
Dean - yes despite it not being for sale, I sold my trusty mlite to an ex Audi S3 owner. Other than swapping back to the original 436m, on passed the car with all my fettling in situ.

As for what's next I'm still mulling that one over - new v used, practicality v mild life crisis etc etc.

Having a fair bit of fun testing driving potential next purchases though !!!!

BP

#44 ·
Paul CS said:
Blind Pugh said:
Pi$$ed I missed this but then again I don't have a BB anymore boo-hoo
BP mate,

Tell me you have bought my old M140i GS! Right now I don't have a BB either. 2 more weeks.

Anyway, yesterday someone turned up in my old M135i LCI. Amazing!

Paul
Paul - no although I have driven a couple of m140i's and an m240i MT.

Car sharing SWMBO VW Tiggy and loving heal'n toeing the snarling 180 CR TDi 6sp MT though !!!

BP

#45 ·
Paul CS said:
Blind Pugh said:
Pi$$ed I missed this but then again I don't have a BB anymore boo-hoo
BP mate,

Tell me you have bought my old M140i GS! Right now I don't have a BB either. 2 more weeks.

Anyway, yesterday someone turned up in my old M135i LCI. Amazing!

Paul
Paul, good to meet you yesterday mate

Did you find out who it was driving your old motor?!!

#46 ·
Good to meet you too Gary.

Nope no idea who that was in my old M135i LCI. I did ask Tony and apparently it a someone local. Tony also said it sold really quickly because of the high spec.

Oh, and Tony, as other have said, thanks for a great meet!

Paul

#47 ·
Paul CS said:
Good to meet you too Gary.

Nope no idea who that was in my old M135i LCI. I did ask Tony and apparently it a someone local.Tony also said it sold really quickly because of the high spec.

Oh, and Tony, as other have said, thanks for a great meet!

Paul
Hey Paul good to meet you and Gary yesterday... Too bad I was to late for the hog roast... the M25 never fails to disappoint, still had a good run home even if it was lashing with rain.. :)

#48 ·
carlover said:
Had to shoot off early but good to meet you Tony and say hello ,I was the guy who asked you about PX and you said better off using webuy or evans
Good luck,Pete
Thanks for coming down Pete... good to meet so many people off of here. :D

#51 ·
We are planning another meet... maybe closer to Xmas, for anyone feeling brave enough to weather it!

Also Joe Achilles, Sideways Sid and myself have come up with an idea of a regular monthly night meet which we will film
and also play some of it live on insta.
You may recognise the format (ahem).

We are planning to film an interview with some high profile tuners and modifiers of BMW, live in our showroom
one a month on a weekday evening, and invite 50 or so of our forum friends, followers and you tube fans down to
participate in it. We will ply you with hot drinks and snacks, with all the cars parked outside like before.

So 2 old blokes and a younger one who crashes a lot, talking in a make-shift studio with an audience.... sounds like a winning format to me.

We will trial it soon and invite those of you local enough to Heathrow to come on down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.