Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin, TRL

Compactpete
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Imagine if MOTECH built and TRL supplied BMW M140s

Post by Compactpete » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:51 am

Kerr wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:44 am

I think Berry might end up in deeper trouble than that. It might not just be the cost of the warranty claims after how this thread reads.

TRL is pointing people towards Motech for warranty claims. He's selling the kit so he's liable if issues arise by law.

It's not a good situation when so many parties are involved in supplying the car and parts. They'll end up pointing the finger at each other when a debatable claim comes about.

It's also mean more finance and more debt. That'll be even more why is my car in so much negative equity threads. :lol:
Quite, why not just offer a "Berry Special' car, dealer fitted with MP parts?
Now - E92 M3, DCT, Comp Pack, Alpine White.

Gone - 2016 M135i

Ursy
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Ursy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:21 am

If this car is being put through BMW finance with all parts declared -im guessing this isnt an issue.

Id imagine the receipt for the vehicle would detail all the options on it, and those that are motech related warranted by them and the rest BMW.

IF BMW werent happy with this, i doubt very much they would want to get involved financing them, as after all you could potentially be handing back a car 2yrs in under VT.

Compactpete
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Compactpete » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:38 am

Ursy wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:21 am
If this car is being put through BMW finance with all parts declared -im guessing this isnt an issue.

Id imagine the receipt for the vehicle would detail all the options on it, and those that are motech related warranted by them and the rest BMW.

IF BMW werent happy with this, i doubt very much they would want to get involved financing them, as after all you could potentially be handing back a car 2yrs in under VT.
BMW won't warranty a car with aftermarket parts - fact. Hell they won't even approve an MPE on a manual M140i!

Also you can't VT a car after 2 years if its on a 4 year PCP.
Now - E92 M3, DCT, Comp Pack, Alpine White.

Gone - 2016 M135i

carlover
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by carlover » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:45 am

Poor old Tony😀 bet he wished he'd never started this 😂interesting one.For example many bmw dealers will fit a.c. schnitzer springs for you but they will not warranty them

Vyrrt

Post by Vyrrt » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:02 pm

carlover wrote:Poor old TonyImage bet he wished he'd never started this Imageinteresting one.For example many bmw dealers will fit a.c. schnitzer springs for you but they will not warranty them
He probably is thinking that - but it will probably have got him another sale since I'll be contacting him in January about this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clarkeysntfc
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by clarkeysntfc » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:33 pm

I think some of you are over analysing this a bit.

Personally I won't modify anything mechanical on my car until the warranty expires, except potentially an MPE. That's purely because I am risk averse.

If someone buys one of these Motech cars a) they're likely to be an enthusiast rather than Joe Public customer, and b) Tony definitely doesn't strike me as the sort of bloke who'll pull the wool over their eyes on warranty, I'm sure they'll know where they stand and be comfortable with the risk.
M140i Shadow Edition. Sport Auto. Mineral Grey. Adaptive Suspension. Adaptive LED Lights. Electric Seats. Heated Seats. Front PDC. Pro Media.
Thanks TRL :-)

TRL
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by TRL » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:45 pm

Well tomorrow there will be no more need to imagine "what if Motech did" as they now do.

For those of you that love the idea of modifying your car but want to remove the hassle of having to drive your car to Motech after
collecting it, this will be your answer. Berry Heathrow will have the car transported to and from Motech on a transporter.
All work carried out by Motech is covered by their 3 year warranty, just as it would be normally.

Now its not for all of you, that's clear, so use your own judgement whether this is of value or not.
If you were going to do it anyway, then we have just saved you time and effort.
If you worry about warranty implications then no problem, we still sell standard cars.

Please make the usual enquiries to TRLdeals@outlook.com
"I don't sell cars, I sell dreams, :mrgreen:
M140 Motech Edition M.002 (for work); M2 M-DCT LCI (for FUN) :D .

Return to “TRL @ Berry Heathrow BMW”