BMW Price increase announced

Home of our Tame Sales Manager .... and his great deals

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin, TRL

TRL
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

BMW Price increase announced

Post by TRL » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi Guys. I am afraid that Brexit has finally caught up with us and after 12 months without a price increase.... BMW have announced that there
will be a price increase from 1st March.
This means that unless you have ordered your car already, you will need to tear up those old quotes and sit tight until all of our systems
are updated in a week or so.
I will leave my PCP cost guide up but they are somewhat redundant now.... use as a guide only.

I clearly will be unable to run any quotes until the new figures appear. Details to follow.
"I don't sell cars, I sell dreams, :mrgreen:
M140 Motech Edition M.002 (for work); M2 M-DCT LCI (for FUN) :D .

as7920
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: BMW Price increase announced

Post by as7920 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:46 pm

I understand APR's could be changing too. Well at least I've been told Pre Reg cars will be minimum 5.9% now.

Ursy
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Ursy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:22 pm

Given the car market is in decline going by the recent sales figures, be interesting to see what they do re price rise, esp given the £ has risen to its highest level for a good while now.

godzilla
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by godzilla » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:45 pm

Bummer. That's going to send nearly all but the most poverty spec M240s over £40k and you might have to be stingy on the options on M140s too, if you want to avoid another £1200 (?) in extra road tax over the first few years.

So BMW will honour the old prices on orders already placed?
Shadow Edition w/719M wheels, Manual, Estoril Blue/Cognac, full Maxton bodykit, M Perf interior bits,
full Akrapovic, M4 LCAs, Quaife

Watch my YouTube vids here: https://www.youtube.com/user/DavidYu2007

Jon P
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Jon P » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:54 pm

godzilla wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:45 pm
Bummer. That's going to send nearly all but the most poverty spec M240s over £40k and you might have to be stingy on the options on M140s too, if you want to avoid another £1200 (?) in extra road tax over the first few years.

So BMW will honour the old prices on orders already placed?
Tax is calculated of the cost price the day before the car is registered so if your car isn’t registered on the 1 st of March you will hit any higher prices. This will likely affect my order 😢 so either have to remove an option or two or stuff it and just add extra if there’s still time. Tony will kill me. What a pain. Alternative perhaps Tony could get my car hurried along for the 1st of March...surely he has the power. 😜
M240i
Gone120d xdrive

as7920
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by as7920 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:28 pm

I really should have bought that M3 in November on 0%. It''l end up costing £200 per month more at this rate.

Wonder how this will effect the M2 Competition.

GeeDee
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by GeeDee » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:07 pm

Absolute :censored: ripoff.

Not having a go at TRL but why not reduce the discounts available? :?

Oh yes, of course, it's because all taxes are based on list price and BMW must be in cohorts with the powers that be. :moony:

Can anyone think of another reason?
64 plate F20 M135i-Auto used in M :drive:-LSD-Sunroof-Bells & whistles-OBDII Reader-No dipstick-Jack in boot-Tesco 99-Can be driven off without key-Bluetack on mirror sensor-Handbrake bedded in-No obvious difference between Comfort & Sports

Vyrrt

Post by Vyrrt » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:23 pm

So even if ordering before 1st March, the current prices don't apply?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by marco_polo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:38 pm

GeeDee wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:07 pm
Not having a go at TRL but why not reduce the discounts available?
Maybe that is what's happening, they regularly fiddle with the 'factory support' for various models. I bet it's strong on diseasils currently.
Vyrrt wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:23 pm
So even if ordering before 1st March, the current prices don't apply?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds that way. If your factory order isn't already in BMW's system, I think it's going to be subject to the new revised pricing.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Symo6791
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Symo6791 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:02 pm

Surely if cars are registered by the end of February then current list prices are honoured ?
I understand that factory orders will be subject to the price increase but if I wanted a stock car for registration now , how can anything but pre March prices apply ....
M140 Shadow Edition 5 door
Estoril Blue
Pro Nav / Adaptive Suspension / Auto / Seat heating / Folding mirrors / Apple CarPlay

M Performance sills and MP side foils / Orbit Grey bumper blades / Maxton splitter and Maxton spoiler cap / AutoID mirror caps

josheboss

Post by josheboss » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:50 pm

2nd hand M2 it is then....

Shame!

TRL
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by TRL » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:29 pm

waiting for clarification on Price protection... but I understand it the same as has already been said on here... if the list price is higher the day before
the car is taxed regardless of price protection, the new road tax for over £40K will apply.
Should no more over the coming days but it does look like a dogs dinner to me.... I hate the motor trade sometimes...

TRL
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by TRL » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:33 pm

Symo6791 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:02 pm
Surely if cars are registered by the end of February then current list prices are honoured ?
I understand that factory orders will be subject to the price increase but if I wanted a stock car for registration now , how can anything but pre March prices apply ....
Yes you are correct this is fine,. If you take the car before 1st March then the current prices and P11d values apply.
Once again it royally screws anyone wanting their car on 1st March for the new reg..... but to tax the car in Feb it has to be here.... some cars
wont arrive until well into March.
I just wish they would announce it now but put it in to effect on 1st April.... new tax year and all that. At least the March guys would enjoy the new
car and not be choking on that bitter taste....

Symo6791
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Symo6791 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:40 pm

TRL wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:33 pm
Symo6791 wrote:
Yes you are correct this is fine,. If you take the car before 1st March then the current prices and P11d values apply.
Once again it royally screws anyone wanting their car on 1st March for the new reg..... but to tax the car in Feb it has to be here.... some cars
I just wish they would announce it now but put it in to effect on 1st April.... new tax year and all that. At least the March guys would enjoy the new
Should help the sometimes tough February sales along though! 😉
M140 Shadow Edition 5 door
Estoril Blue
Pro Nav / Adaptive Suspension / Auto / Seat heating / Folding mirrors / Apple CarPlay

M Performance sills and MP side foils / Orbit Grey bumper blades / Maxton splitter and Maxton spoiler cap / AutoID mirror caps

Vyrrt

Post by Vyrrt » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:15 pm

TRL wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:33 pm
Symo6791 wrote:
It's a massive shame. I was expecting prices to change 1st April, and was planning on ordering at the end of this month but being able to have the spec I wanted may have gone out of the window depending on how high the price increase is!

Return to “TRL @ Berry Heathrow BMW”