Baby BMW Forum banner

The New BMW M2 Competition coupe 2018

22K views 41 replies 29 participants last post by  Paul W 
#1 ·
I guess if I post this up here I can refer everyone to it once the million or so emails start to roll in.

So first the important bit... price... the base car is now £49,285 OTR for a manual car.
Most options will carry over as before. However there are some new tasty option pack so save money and some new colours and seats.
That's a £2500 price increase over the standard car, which will be replaced by this model from August production, September delivery.
No news on availability or time scale or number of units... so for now I can offer no deals on the price of the car so please do not ask!

New Standard Feature Highlights are;

Exterior;
19" light weight Y Spoke Alloys 788M
Front And Rear PDC
New Front airdam design M.
One Piece New Design Kidney Grilles
Dark Chrome Tailpipes
All Grilles in Gloss Black
M Specific Door Mirrors
2 new colour; Sunset Orange or Hockenheim Silver.

Interior;
M Sports Seats with illuminated M Badge
unique M2 Competition Black Optic display with red needles and M2 competition welcome screen
Dakota perforated leather with either blue or orange stitching
M2 Competition Door Sill Finishers
Engine Start button in red
M Seat Belts
M Drive Buttons on the Steering Wheel

Performance:
S55 Straight Six TwinPower Mono Scroll Bi-turbo engine with HP injection and double Vanos
410HP and 550 Nm Torque
Redline set to 7500 rpm
0-62 time of 4.2 secs on M-Dct.
Weight increase plus 45kgs.
Front Carbon Strut Brace

New Options;
M2 Plus Package
incl; 19" Y Spoke 788M alloys black, HK sound, Sun Pro Glass, ICON LED lights, Front Heated Seats
£1800.

M2 Comfort Package
incl; Folding Mirrors, Memory Seats, Reverse Assist Camera, Comfort Easy access, Enhanced BT and wifi HS
£1800.

Code 2NH; Upgraded M2 Competition Braking System (6 piston front, 2 rear) £1350
Plus all other cost options as per standard M2 price list.

See less See more
#4 ·
Mbateman said:
The interior shot on bmw web site looks bloody nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That image is not the M2 Competition interior

This is what it looks like

#5 ·
Mbateman said:
I read there would also be an M Drivers Pack which increases top speed to 174mph ish etc, any ideas or nothing official?

I did see that option at £2000 odd but thought it was just the drivers track day affair!
I will dig around as often the UK has been left out of any raised top speed malarkey.

#16 ·
New car looks great - a huge improvement over the current car!

If I didn't have two young kids to transport then I'd be saving very hard to own one of these!

New wheels look horrific though! Poor design & no concave - 437m's are much better!

#17 ·
Deadeye said:
Tony does the competition have different dials than the LCI? Like virtual cockpit?
Looks same as the LCI except for a different font and the word Competition at startup. No virtual cockpit ala 5 series or Audi. Just LED backlit.

The font appears to the the techno sci-fi font of the M Performance logo and same as the decal you can get on the side.

#19 ·
19 months of ownership of the current model and driving today with the remus soundtrack and sunroof open, honestly the soundtrack is sonorous, will the s55 offer the same simple pleasure??? I will definitely wait and see and drive one before ordering.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

#22 ·
gavp said:
Tempted, 5 years in 2 M135s didn't feel the M2 different enough from behind the wheel.
Oh dear. With that statement I suggest you stay in your M-lite x

#23 ·
Twenny said:
gavp said:
Tempted, 5 years in 2 M135s didn't feel the M2 different enough from behind the wheel.

Didn't mean how it drives...

#24 ·
gavp said:
Twenny said:
gavp said:

Didn't mean how it drives...
Ah ok then, then please accept an apology for my truculence.

#26 ·
Looks like it's bad news on the GFV / cost front. Despite the increased cost of the car, GFV's are down on the LCI. Just read an example on another thread and putting in 4k , doing 6k pa and over 48mnths the monthly were 615.

I had a deposit down on the M2C which I too have cancelled.

Perhaps Tony could run some example numbers for us?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.