Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: BMW M2 Competition PCP and option prices

Post by Kerr » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:29 pm

JNW1 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:30 pm
sawda wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:05 pm
Have heard a few discounts floating around already. Apparently sales books havnt filled up as fast as people thought and even offered the a build slot they were offered as they didnt want the completion either, (it was 10 or 15 percent off). Not tried myself personally as wont be going for the competition. Take this info as you like just sharing what I heard and it's by no means fact.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Sorry for being thick but are you saying people have been offered a discount of 10-15% off an M2 Competition or off one of the last the current model? I can believe the latter (although there are presumably very few brand new N55-engined M2's available now?) but I'm not at all convinced about the former given Tony's comments in his opening post. I can see double-digit discounts being available on the M2C eventually but a bit early for that yet I'd have thought?
There's lots of N55 M2s available. I enquired at the weekend and seen an available stocklist. It wasn't short.

They are going to have to do something to move them. They can't afford to discount the new CP pack too much or they'll need to further discount the old one.

JNW1

Post by JNW1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:39 pm

Kerr wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:29 pm
JNW1 wrote:
sawda wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:05 pm
Have heard a few discounts floating around already. Apparently sales books havnt filled up as fast as people thought and even offered the a build slot they were offered as they didnt want the completion either, (it was 10 or 15 percent off). Not tried myself personally as wont be going for the competition. Take this info as you like just sharing what I heard and it's by no means fact.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Sorry for being thick but are you saying people have been offered a discount of 10-15% off an M2 Competition or off one of the last the current model? I can believe the latter (although there are presumably very few brand new N55-engined M2's available now?) but I'm not at all convinced about the former given Tony's comments in his opening post. I can see double-digit discounts being available on the M2C eventually but a bit early for that yet I'd have thought?
There's lots of N55 M2s available. I enquired at the weekend and seen an available stocklist. It wasn't short.

They are going to have to do something to move them. They can't afford to discount the new CP pack too much or they'll need to further discount the old one.
Interesting, I'd assumed there were next to no brand new N55 M2's left but if there are still quite a few in stock you're right, they'll need to sharpen their pencils to get rid of them before the M2C hits the showrooms. I daresay the new car will be an improvement over the outgoing model but nevertheless an M2 LCI at around £40k or a touch less would still be a decent buy IMO....

wenklaw
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by wenklaw » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:19 am

JNW1 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:39 pm
Kerr wrote:
JNW1 wrote:

Interesting, I'd assumed there were next to no brand new N55 M2's left but if there are still quite a few in stock you're right, they'll need to sharpen their pencils to get rid of them before the M2C hits the showrooms. I daresay the new car will be an improvement over the outgoing model but nevertheless an M2 LCI at around £40k or a touch less would still be a decent buy IMO....
The existing M2 has been a shining light for BMW M car sales, Stick 0% APR on them and they will fly out the showroom IMIO with the existing level of discount.

JNW1

Post by JNW1 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:48 am

wenklaw wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:19 am
The existing M2 has been a shining light for BMW M car sales, Stick 0% APR on them and they will fly out the showroom IMIO with the existing level of discount.
Suspect you're right, 0% finance would be a nice sweetener to move remaining stock! Typically what are the levels of existing discounts on M2's or does that very much depend on individual dealers (how long they've had the car in stock, how close they are to hitting targets, etc?).

4ner

Post by 4ner » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:25 pm

How much would the monthlies change per 1k deposit?

Johnraiders

Post by Johnraiders » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:19 pm

Hi

Message me the dealer who was talking about 10%, I’ll be on the phone to him straight away.

Thanks

John

Kerr

Post by Kerr » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:12 pm

wenklaw wrote:
JNW1 wrote:
Kerr wrote:

If they were 0% they would actually be cheaper than a M140i.

That would really undermine both markets and draw custom away from the new M2CP if there was such a big difference in prices.

wenklaw
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by wenklaw » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:01 am

Kerr wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:12 pm
wenklaw wrote:
JNW1 wrote:

If they were 0% they would actually be cheaper than a M140i.

That would really undermine both markets and draw custom away from the new M2CP if there was such a big difference in prices.
What I am saying is IMO it is unlikely that dealers will start discounting the existing M2 anymore and certainly not to the £40k or less as I think JNW1 is suggesting. There are better ways for BMW to shift old stock, seen the 0% deals many times before across pretty much all car manufacturers at model end of line time. Limited levels of M2's left and 0% APR IMO undermines less than heavy discounts, if BMW are struggling to shift them, which I don't think they will anyway.

To be very clear though I am not saying that 0% APR will happen, just saying that getting a new LCI M2 for less that £40k wont. My personal opinion is we wont see the existing M2 new discounted particularly anymore than now as there are a fair few months to shift them. If people really want to get into an 'M' car but are holding out for a bargain IMO are going to be left thinking sh*t I need another £12k plus for the M2C when the existing ones have all gone.

SSK

Post by SSK » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:14 pm

Are there any new LCI M2s available to order? The configurator already shifted to the M2CP.

Also with regards to delivery, is this still around Feb / March timeframe?

TRL
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by TRL » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:00 pm

SSK wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:14 pm
Are there any new LCI M2s available to order? The configurator already shifted to the M2CP.

Also with regards to delivery, is this still around Feb / March timeframe?
We cannot order or build any more M2LCI... so its just the last 100 odd cars that are already out there. you just need to call every
dealer until you find one!

I have got one M2C slot left for early December delivery. We have taken a few orders for March, so there wont be much left for Q1 of 2019 now.
each dealer will only get given 1 or 2 cars per month max you see.
"I don't sell cars, I sell dreams, :mrgreen:
M140 Motech Edition M.002 (for work); M2 M-DCT LCI (for FUN) :D .

JNW1

Post by JNW1 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:52 am

wenklaw wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:01 am
What I am saying is IMO it is unlikely that dealers will start discounting the existing M2 anymore and certainly not to the £40k or less as I think JNW1 is suggesting.
I accept there are a lot of M2's on the AUC priced higher but here are a couple of decent spec 18-reg cars at around the £40k mark; obviously pre-reg not brand new but still less than 1k miles:

https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/2018 ... 59cdb946ff
https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/2018 ... 402aa196f7

There are also several other pre-reg cars at very low 40's which with a bit of negotiating I daresay could be had for £40k or thereabouts; as I say, these are not brand new but then again all M2 LCI's will now be either stock or pre-reg cars as production of factory orders has ceased....

dainesefreak
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by dainesefreak » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:26 pm

Coast2Coast are offering nearly £2k 4% off a bogo DCT at the moment.
M2 LCI DCT Mineral Grey
2018 Matte Black Fireblade

Return to “TRL @ Berry Heathrow BMW”