Re: M235i MP LSD now available to order

Post by rusty13 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:39 pm

sh*t a brick that's expensive.
M135i Estoril Blue - 5 Door - Manual

Birds BMW

Post by Birds BMW » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:03 pm

twiggy wrote:
markhurley wrote:Just get a birds one and save a fortune !

And rely on the non existent lifetime warrantee!! No thanks.

Tony please put me down for one on the new car if it fits m135.

Ian
Please explain "non existent lifetime warranty". The Quaife comes with a warranty that last as long as the purchaser still owns it and covers all manufacturing defects. The conditions are self explanatory and exclusions are similar to BMW Manufacturers warranty. http://quaife.co.uk/differential-terms-and-conditions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

If anyone has had an issue with a warranty claim, or had warranty unfairly refused, lets know about it.

Sincerely, Kevin Bird.

Ant
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Ant » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:58 pm

pretty sure this will be a drexler diff, in the standard car, Same as Alpina have been testing and using on behalf of BMW ( we all know that Alpina do more development work for BMW than M division) so make sense to see whats on offer from them when its confirmed where its from.

Personally if you fell the need is there either spec from factory ( doubt it will be a mini price like in the old days of £100 option) or go for a quaife, just hope the quaife prices don;t go up as a result.
Some 2.0 Civic thing

twiggy
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by twiggy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:51 pm

Birds BMW wrote:
twiggy wrote:
markhurley wrote:Just get a birds one and save a fortune !

And rely on the non existent lifetime warrantee!! No thanks.

Tony please put me down for one on the new car if it fits m135.

Ian
Please explain "non existent lifetime warranty". The Quaife comes with a warranty that last as long as the purchaser still owns it and covers all manufacturing defects. The conditions are self explanatory and exclusions are similar to BMW Manufacturers warranty. http://quaife.co.uk/differential-terms-and-conditions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

If anyone has had an issue with a warranty claim, or had warranty unfairly refused, lets know about it.

Sincerely, Kevin Bird.
Kevin I don't need to explain anything to you, I owe you nothing, you have just sent me 2 Private messages expressing your concern 6 months after the event ( because of the post above ), I have replied to your Private Messages telling you it is now to late be concerned, you were not concerned at the time when things went wrong which is what matters to me, you are now trying some half baked attempt to make you look good when it is to late. you had the opportunity to get involved when the problem developed and choose not to, that is all that matters to me, I would not use you or your company for any work again nor would I recommend you. I am sure you have lots of happy customers who will continue to use you, but I judge a company by the way they react when things go wrong and you fell well short.
I will not been drawn into a slanging match it is now over for me.
I want a LSD in my new car and will hopefully be getting one supplied and fitted by BMW with their warrantee where I can tell them it has one fitted and not have to keep it a secret " because BMW won't honour the warrantee " your words not mine.

Sorry for the hijack of OP's thread.... :roll:
2014 F21 M135 in Silver. ( very Soon ), Edit Got it last week : ) .

leon1984

Post by leon1984 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:38 pm

^ ouch. Ultimately a warranty to me isn't go see BMW, keep it quiet and hope they fix it if not we will talk and that seems to be what you have described.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awaiting new car!

Past -F36 430d GC, M235i, Z4 N52, Cayman S, 120D Coupe, TT 2.0TFSI

twiggy
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: *revised* M235i MP LSD now available £2750 Fitted Inc Va

Post by twiggy » Wed May 07, 2014 12:56 pm

Great news Tony, Thanks, now with an even bigger discount, and the option to sell on at a later date, all my christmas's in one :lol:

As per our phone call yesterday please fit one in my new car, 10 more sleeps :lol:

I hope Honestjohn doesn't see this,

Twiggy

TRL
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by TRL » Wed May 07, 2014 10:15 pm

twiggy wrote:Great news Tony, Thanks, now with an even bigger discount, and the option to sell on at a later date, all my christmas's in one :lol:

As per our phone call yesterday please fit one in my new car, 10 more sleeps :lol:

Twiggy
Its on order sir. Let you know how easy our demo one goes on, looks like I am the crash test dummy.
"I don't sell cars, I sell dreams, :mrgreen:
M140 Motech Edition M.002 (for work); M2 M-DCT LCI (for FUN) :D .

twiggy
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by twiggy » Tue May 13, 2014 9:45 pm

TRL wrote:
twiggy wrote:Great news Tony, Thanks, now with an even bigger discount, and the option to sell on at a later date, all my christmas's in one :lol:

Twiggy
Its on order sir. Let you know how easy our demo one goes on, looks like I am the crash test dummy.

Hi Tony how did the diff fitting go in the 235?
Have you driven it much, anything to report.

Graham suggest 22nd for mine.

Twiggy

TRL
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by TRL » Wed May 14, 2014 2:18 pm

Still running the car in and learning how to drive a manual again so nothing to report at the moment.

It certainly pulls tighter out of t-junctions and you can feel the inside wheel digging in more in the wet.
Let you know

Tony
"I don't sell cars, I sell dreams, :mrgreen:
M140 Motech Edition M.002 (for work); M2 M-DCT LCI (for FUN) :D .

MothBall
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by MothBall » Wed May 14, 2014 5:38 pm

Not sure how pertinent this is, but I'll give it a go and you can all kick me later.
One of the cars I own is an MX5. 2.0 litre about 18 months old.
It comes with a LSD as standard.
As TRL describes above you get a wonderful feeling of the car 'digging in' on the exit of a corner, and this is very apparent in my modestly powerful little Mazda.
With a car as powerful as the M135i and 235i, I would say it's an absolute must, wet or dry you WILL feel the difference and you don't need to be driving flat out to get the benefit!
No pain. No gain!

godzilla
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: *revised* M235i MP LSD now available £2450 Fitted Inc Va

Post by godzilla » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:55 pm

TRL wrote:FORUM ONLY OFFER:

Parts Only - £2150 inc VAT Plus delivery costs TBA

Fitment - £300 inc VAT

Total - £2450 inc VAT

PLEASE NOTE that this price includes retaining your old diff (so you can return the car
to stock). This is not an exchange price.
Wow, that is a big difference from the first prices quoted! Does anybody remember the original prices?
I particularly like the fact it is NOT an exchange unit. When you've paid that much for a part, it is nice to know it is yours to sell on rather than giving it away with the car.
Shadow Edition w/719M wheels, Manual, Estoril Blue/Cognac, full Maxton bodykit, M Perf interior bits
Watch my YouTube vids here: https://www.youtube.com/user/DavidYu2007

ASB1960
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by ASB1960 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:53 am

bryntech wrote:This is an absolute rip off! (not directed at you Tony!)
These units are apparently available in the states from Tischer BMW (http://www.getbmwparts.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) for $2600 (£1500) delivered. With shipping and import duty you could still save a good chunk on buying here in rip off Britain.
$2500 = £1500 + £100 carriage + custom handler fees £60 = £1660 + 3.5% duty = £1718 + VAT = £2061.

A small saving, not huge by importing.
M135i 3 door, auto, mineral grey/oyster - black, bus nav, black panel, adaptive, driver comfort. Arrived 24th June 2014.

sootyvrs

Re: *revised* M235i MP LSD now available £2450 Fitted Inc Va

Post by sootyvrs » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:04 pm

£2450 inc. fitting is comparable to the Quaife ATB install (£2k fitted) and has the advantage that you keep the old diff compared to the Quaife plus that nice full BMW warranty feeling :)

Still a lot of £... I must admit I'm still on the fence... If I keep the car long term then perhaps worth it..... question is will I keep it long term?
My BabyBMW's with some Pork inbetween :D
2017 F21 BMW M140i Auto
2015 F56 Mini Cooper S Man
2013 F20 BMW M135i Auto
2010 R56 Mini Cooper D Man
2007 E87 BMW 130i Man

yummy
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: *revised* M235i MP LSD now available £2450 Fitted Inc Vat

Post by yummy » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:38 am

The BMW diff is a no brainer with that small difference in price, but should rely be a STD fit on the M235i.
3dr, 125i M Sport, Sports Auto, M Brakes, AW.

Return to “TRL @ Berry Heathrow BMW”