TRL own M140 project

Home of our Tame Sales Manager .... and his great deals

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196, TRL

TRL
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

TRL own M140 project

Post by TRL » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:10 pm

Well its official (I wont be cancelling my order this time.... honest!)...

I have decided to stop messing around and crush my Renault fetish (I think I can call it that, on the basis that since 1988 I have owned
3 Renault 21 Turbos, a pair of Renault 5 Turbo 2s (hot, no brakes and break down a lot), A Renault 5 GT turbo (hot, OK brakes but also break down a lot), Clio Williams 3, A pair of 182 Trophy's, 3 Clio V6s (one with an exhaust so loud I stopped driving it) , a Clio 197 Cup,
a Clio 197 F1 Edition (my favourite), Clio 200 FF, Clio 200 Silverstone GP edition, Clio 200 FF again, Megane R26.R (just 4 of those) and then
recently Megane 275 Trophy R ....and now a Megane 275 Cup-S.... and breathe)...

So what did I go for?
M140 3 door (just love that frameless door, sod the kids)
AW with Coral Red (Sarf London)
Sports Automatic ( SORRY MARCO I bottled it at the last minute...... blame Joe Achilles).

Adaptive M Suspension, Sun Pro glass, HFS, HK, Driver Comfort package with front PDC
and the latest Pro Media Package. And that's it....

With a TRL deal it should come out quite reasonable. :lol:
I plan to throw some MP bits at it.
I fancy some wheels like the one on my mates 125i

http://www.touringcars.net/file/2016/05 ... C_6117.jpg

I want to get it sorted for some track days and touring, comforts not high on my agenda as I have the M3
Comp pack as my everyday car (well its more compliant now I have got rid of the 3.5 bar tyre pressure that my PDI guys
left in... on purpose).
So I am going to pick Marcos brains. reduce some weight (car not driver) so thinking along the lines of
Eibach, possibly the LSD, and some new alloys with some very sticky rubber for track days, standard wheels with the MPSS
for normal days.

I plan to blog it on here throughout the duration..... I am off now to hound the product genius as to when my car will arrive!!!!

Roll on week 42..... :spotman:
"I don't sell cars, I sell thin air, as we have run out of cars"..... :mrgreen:
530d xDrive M Sport (for work); inbound M140 Shadow Edition 3dr (for FUN) :D .

Nottsknots
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: TRL own M140 project

Post by Nottsknots » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:26 pm

Surely you of all people should be able to pick the brains of the boys from Bavaria, and should be in a position to educate MP, not take lessons from him :?: :lol:
E87 118d, stock, plus PDC control unit drain, Parrot, debadged, Mothercare baby shades (but no babies), and occassionally a good layer of wax. Instantly forgettable, and thats the way I like it.

marco_polo

Post by marco_polo » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:06 am

Rob's running Pro Race wheels which are nice and light, 1.2's in 18x8 ET40 are a good fit (but do restrict you to 245mm max tyre width). Oz Ultraleggera are well worth a goose too. Have you seen Jimbob (local to us) is selling his CH-R's? http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=89445

Were you thinking Mich Cup 2's / Yoko AD08R, or something stickier still like an R888?

How far are you going with the modifying? If it's track only use, I'd sack off the Adaptive Damper option and fit a set of Ohlins if budget will allow?

M4 LCA's and TS work well to give you enough front negative camber (custom shims are needed to fit the M4's Tension Struts - but it's not a biggie).

You can aid cooling by losing the engine cover and removing the rear engine bay seal, just allows the air to flow around the engine. I think the brake ducts should be open on an LCI, but I'd double check. I'd also remove the driver's grab handle to give you a little more helmet clearance.

Any plans for an engine tune?

Do you have a plan for the brakes? I like RBF600 fluid, and Carbotech XP8 pads work well on track (bit squealy / glazy around town though). Others prefer Endless pads, or even one of the hotter 'sport' compounds from the M4 ( BMW part number 34112284765 ).
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Paul CS

TRL own M140 project

Post by Paul CS » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:03 am

If for any reason you don't go for the Ohlins, what about the M Sport springs (designed for adaptive dampers) that come with new bump stops/secondary springs? I'd be interested in those if I was having a M140. They lower the car about the same as Eibachs.

Paul
M140i MR Shadow Edition. MP springs. Under frame brace.

TRL
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by TRL » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:55 am

Got Ohlins on my Megane tbh. Impressed but reality is its too much faff for me to adjust them. Need a remote control!

I have some ideas now guys so thanks. Need to go find me some customers so I can spend more money :D

i531m
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by i531m » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:55 am

Im thinking of eibachs and lsd on my m135i lci so interested too see what you do TRL

DougieM
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by DougieM » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:17 pm

TRL wrote:Well its official (I wont be cancelling my order this time.... honest!)...

I have decided to stop messing around and crush my Renault fetish (I think I can call it that, on the basis that since 1988 I have owned
3 Renault 21 Turbos, a pair of Renault 5 Turbo 2s (hot, no brakes and break down a lot), A Renault 5 GT turbo (hot, OK brakes but also break down a lot), Clio Williams 3, A pair of 182 Trophy's, 3 Clio V6s (one with an exhaust so loud I stopped driving it) , a Clio 197 Cup,
a Clio 197 F1 Edition (my favourite), Clio 200 FF, Clio 200 Silverstone GP edition, Clio 200 FF again, Megane R26.R (just 4 of those) and then

So what did I go for?
MANUAL (to Stop Marco taking the pee out of me)

Adaptive M Suspension, Sun Pro glass, HFS, HK, Driver Comfort package with front PDC

I want to get it sorted for some track days and touring, comforts not high on my agenda as I have the M3
Comp pack as my everyday car (well its more compliant now I have got rid of the 3.5 bar tyre pressure that my PDI guys
left in... on purpose).
So I am going to pick Marcos brains. reduce some weight (car not driver) so thinking along the lines of
Eibach, possibly the LSD, and some new alloys with some very sticky rubber for track days, standard wheels with the MPSS
for normal days.

I plan to blog it on here throughout the duration..... I am off now to hound the product genius as to when my car will arrive!!!!

Good stuff Tony - No F20 squeaky door issue for you then and you decided on eighties spec. Interior! Good options :thumbs:

I was always an Italian car driver with a long list of Lancia, Fiat and mainly Alfa Romeo's owned - Then BMW started tempting me due to lock of italian offerings currently. Was considering the Giulia but then the pricing was released, so I then contacted you for M140i deal :D
Current: 2016 F20 M140i - Sport Auto, Alpine White with oyster leather.
Previous:
2015 LCI F20 M135i - Sport Auto, Estoril Blue with black leather.
2013 F21 116i M Sport - Manual, Valencia Orange with black leather.

TRL
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by TRL » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:55 pm

DougieM wrote:
TRL wrote:Well its official (I wont be cancelling my order this time.... honest!)...

So what did I go for?
MANUAL (to Stop Marco taking the pee out of me)

left in... on purpose).
for normal days.

Good stuff Tony - No F20 squeaky door issue for you then and you decided on eighties spec. Interior! Good options :thumbs:

I was always an Italian car driver with a long list of Lancia, Fiat and mainly Alfa Romeo's owned - Then BMW started tempting me due to lock of italian offerings currently. Was considering the Giulia but then the pricing was released, so I then contacted you for M140i deal :D

Giulia...... you know I had a look at the one down at Goodwood FoS..... and then I saw the EVO video of it..... now I want one!!!
but alas I would have to go and Manage a dealership in order to get near one at that price.....

TRL
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by TRL » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:16 pm

So my car is now 9605 and due at Southampton any day now.
I have ordered myself an MPE that should arrive around the 30th all being well. just over a £1000 with chrome tips.
I have also ordered the Kidney grilles and foils and pedal set.
And last night I ordered an AC Shnitzy roof spoiler which I will have painted.

more to follow....

MAW73

Post by MAW73 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:17 pm

TRL wrote:So my car is now 9605 and due at Southampton any day now.
I have ordered myself an MPE that should arrive around the 30th all being well. just over a £1000 with chrome tips.
I have also ordered the Kidney grilles and foils and pedal set.
And last night I ordered an AC Shnitzy roof spoiler which I will have painted.

more to follow....
Has the MPE gone up a bit since the LCI. That seems expensive, I can't remember paying that much for mine new.

Wibbles

Post by Wibbles » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:44 pm

Is the M140i MPE really that pricey compared to the M135i version?

Congrats on your car Tony, hope you got a good deal ;)

Speaking of deals, M3 CP - are there still deals to be had?
F21 M135i - AW CR - lots of options.
Coding for all BMW's: Enquiries@BRdiagnostics.co.uk
Please visit my BabyBMW sponsors section: Here

TRL
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by TRL » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:17 am

New MPE costs more, seen some pics of the rear box and can see where the money has gone.

Deals on M3/M4 are nothing like they were, plus no stock out there to speak off.

Wibbles

Post by Wibbles » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:15 am

TRL wrote:Deals on M3/M4 are nothing like they were, plus no stock out there to speak off.
I've still got a while left on my M135i PCP, hopefully the deals will get better.
F21 M135i - AW CR - lots of options.
Coding for all BMW's: Enquiries@BRdiagnostics.co.uk
Please visit my BabyBMW sponsors section: Here

CJ92

Post by CJ92 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:50 am

TRL wrote: And last night I ordered an AC Shnitzy roof spoiler which I will have painted.

more to follow....
Really enhances that rear roof line..
Just another 1series. :)

TRL
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by TRL » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:16 am

CJ92 wrote:
TRL wrote: And last night I ordered an AC Shnitzy roof spoiler which I will have painted.

more to follow....
Really enhances that rear roof line..
Yep, someone I know sent me a picture of it and I was hooked, :lol:

Return to “TRL @ Berry Heathrow BMW”