Baby BMW Forum banner

M140 Shadow Edition - What do you get?

32K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  deeno78 
#1 ·
What makes up a Shadow Edition?

Colour Choice is identical to standard M140 range
Interior colour choice also identical
Available as 3 or 5 door
with Manual Or Sports Auto option for £1600.

M140i Specification, plus
420 Sun protection glass
507 Park Distance Control Rear
544 Cruise Control
674 Loudspeaker system -harman/kardon

Unique Equipment
Darkened front LED Headlights
Smoked rear lights
Black Kidney Grilles
Dark Chrome Tailpipes
18" M light alloy wheels in Orbit Grey or 719M Jet Black (no cost option)

Pricing:£1,335 over M140i

See less See more
#5 ·
Deadeye said:
So it's the standard pants alloys or the new style black one or the new style in black or ferric?

Sorry for the dumb question.
Its the standard wheel we know from the M135/M140 in a darkened grey called orbit grey OR a no cost option to have the new style in a gloss black finish.

Hope this explains it clearly :)

#8 ·
Great vid from Joe as always. For me the upgrade to the surround on the centre console is by far the best update as I hate the cheap plastic in the previous model it cheapens the interior dramatically. I assume the added features on the 3 series shadow edition are similar? I may need to switch to a 4 door so may be an option for me as I can't stretch to am M3 at the moment

#9 ·
Gary_LB said:
Great vid from Joe as always. For me the upgrade to the surround on the centre console is by far the best update as I hate the cheap plastic in the previous model it cheapens the interior dramatically. I assume the added features on the 3 series shadow edition are similar? I may need to switch to a 4 door so may be an option for me as I can't stretch to am M3 at the moment
yes Gary. Pretty much. I have to say the thought of a 340i Shadow Edition in Sunset orange gets my juices going. totally under rated.
I never had a good time with my M3 F80.... let down TBH. the M2 is actually nicer to drive!

#10 ·
TRL said:
Gary_LB said:
yes Gary. Pretty much. I have to say the thought of a 340i Shadow Edition in Sunset orange gets my juices going. totally under rated.
I never had a good time with my M3 F80.... let down TBH. the M2 is actually nicer to drive!
On the 3 series shadow edition you can go one step further and spec the leather dash which steps it up another level. Although for some reason this can't be specced with the dark carbon trim.

#11 ·
I do like those wheels and suits the SO so well, shame they have left the mirror covers and air scoop surrounds in grey.

Really needs the Schnitzy rear wing to finish that rear roof line off.

Not sure about the two dodgy geezers though... I would definitely be steering clear of them.. :wink:

#12 ·
TRL said:
Gary_LB said:
Cheers for that Tony it's tempting as a sensible option to appease the parents and the in-laws but not sure if I'm overreacting to them struggling getting out of the 2er. Need to drive it and compare to the M3 otherwise I may regret the decision.

The M2 would be my ideal choice but harder to justify with SWMO have you sold the 2 pre reg cars you had yet?

#13 ·
CJ92 said:
I do like those wheels and suits the SO so well, shame they have left the mirror covers and air scoop surrounds in grey.

Really needs the Schnitzy rear wing to finish that rear roof line off.

Not sure about the two dodgy geezers though... I would definitely be steering clear of them.. :wink:
OI CJ... .we know where you live! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.