EWG No CEL CAT From BCS Powervalve

New sponsor coming soon.............

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin, Nige BCS

TerryCTR
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: EWG No CEL CAT From BCS Powervalve

Post by TerryCTR » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:58 pm

And if I have read correctly less hassle with cutting the oem pipe to make the MPE fit.

Interested to see how this would sound from the inside in comfort mode vs sport
M2 Lci

Blind Pugh
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Blind Pugh » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:26 pm

:)
TerryCTR wrote:And if I have read correctly less hassle with cutting the oem pipe to make the MPE fit.

Terry

Ashley's sig says MPE so the video of catted DP will sound rortier than a standard exhaust.

Not sure where you are located but if near SW London I'd happily take you for ride in my car (regular BCS sport cat DP and MPE). BTW the noise inside is fine. Discrete when you need to be and characterful and fruity when you don't.

BP
Fettled M135i EB AT - gone but not forgotten !
AW M2 DCT

TerryCTR
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by TerryCTR » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:30 pm

Blind Pugh wrote::)
TerryCTR wrote:And if I have read correctly less hassle with cutting the oem pipe to make the MPE fit.

Terry

Ashley's sig says MPE so the video of catted DP will sound rortier than a standard exhaust.

Not sure where you are located but if near SW London I'd happily take you for ride in my car (regular BCS sport cat DP and MPE). BTW the noise inside is fine. Discrete when you need to be and characterful and fruity when you don't.

BP
BP, yeah I noticed that after I had posted.

I am in Glasgow but.....I will be down in London the at the end of May to collect the M235i from TRL so that would be ideal to sort something out 8)

I'm actually quite happy with the oem system but when I hear Ashley's in the clip I can't help but like it
M2 Lci

Blind Pugh

Post by Blind Pugh » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:36 pm

Terry - OK. TBH I think you like sport cat DP and stock exhaust sound. If you search copperman05's post from Sept 2014 we met up at Ace cafe with his hi def recorder. C'man made a recording of my car with MPE and BCS sport cat DP. BP
Fettled M135i EB AT - gone but not forgotten !
AW M2 DCT

TerryCTR
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by TerryCTR » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:39 pm

I'll have a search for that just now then, cheers
M2 Lci

Ashley6285
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Ashley6285 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:36 pm

i have recorded a video of me driving down a slip road and joining a motorway from inside the car, but foolishly i've got my speedo on show and it is not worth any grief that could from posting it.
I'll do another with the GoPro better placed and post it during the week. However to Blind Pugh's point, as soon as you switch out of Sports mode, the exhaust goes back to being almost stock.

One thing to bare in mind when you debate MPE vs. Sports Cat and OEM catback, is that the MPE is warranty friendly. If something were to go wrong with my turbo or engine generally now, i suspect BMW would be quick to point at the Sports Cat being the cause. I would strongly suggest this would not ever be the case, but I'd put money on BMW going down this route and me having to argue to the contrary.
M135 LCI, Alpine White, Coral Leather, MPE, MP Decals and lots of gloss black - GONE

TerryCTR
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by TerryCTR » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:43 pm

Thanks mate, yeah that crossed my mind too so I went and watched a few MPE videos on you tube and it seems to make a nice change without a sports cat/de-cat being added.

I'll see how it goes once I get the keys next month
M2 Lci

Tricky401

Post by Tricky401 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:53 pm

That sounds amazing
M135 5door, mineral Grey,black Dakota , auto, comfort pack + front Pdc, pro nav, adaptive sus, adaptive LEDs, reverse cam, sunroof, shadeband, sun protection, folding mirrors, load through, heated seats. First ever auto and BMW

Ashley6285
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Ashley6285 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:20 pm

I have unfortunate news; the CEL light has come on.
The worse thing about this, was that it came on ironically when the car was in Eco Pro mode.

Spoken to Nige and in true representation of the fantastic service offered by BCS; they are now making a brand new 300cel version, which is anticipated to offer very similar performance and noise, but with the 99.9999% guarantee that it will not trigger the light. I will keep you all updated with the progress.

PS. Anyone know how to remove the CEL light, without a JB4 please?
M135 LCI, Alpine White, Coral Leather, MPE, MP Decals and lots of gloss black - GONE

rusty13

Post by rusty13 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:41 pm

Ashley6285 wrote:I have unfortunate news; the CEL light has come on.
The worse thing about this, was that it came on ironically when the car was in Eco Pro mode.

Spoken to Nige and in true representation of the fantastic service offered by BCS; they are now making a brand new 300cel version, which is anticipated to offer very similar performance and noise, but with the 99.9999% guarantee that it will not trigger the light. I will keep you all updated with the progress.

PS. Anyone know how to remove the CEL light, without a JB4 please?
Interesting that only Eco pro driving triggered it. I remember reading somewhere that the engine target temp is driven higher in Eco pro to get thinner oil and better efficiency.
M135i Estoril Blue - 5 Door - Manual

Ashley6285
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Ashley6285 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:48 pm

i thought it was due to a change in engine timings and specifically air flow.

Maybe in Eco Pro it expects flow to be much lower, but with the increased flow in the CAT it sets if off thinking there is a genuine fault.

Reading around, i think i can reset the CEL light with Tool32/Ediabas and my OBD-II cable used for coding. Anyone had any experience with either of these please?

marco_polo

Post by marco_polo » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:49 pm

The EML might go out on it's own after a few miles with the 300 cell fitted.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Ashley6285
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Ashley6285 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:52 pm

Thanks to Wibbles, I believe I can clear it with ESYS. Will try tomorrow.

I4N
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by I4N » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:59 pm

TerryCTR wrote:Thanks mate, yeah that crossed my mind too so I went and watched a few MPE videos on you tube and it seems to make a nice change without a sports cat/de-cat being added.

Have you heard/saw the mpe on the 135 in the flesh terry?

TerryCTR
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by TerryCTR » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:02 pm

I4N wrote:
TerryCTR wrote:Thanks mate, yeah that crossed my mind too so I went and watched a few MPE videos on you tube and it seems to make a nice change without a sports cat/de-cat being added.

Have you heard/saw the mpe on the 135 in the flesh terry?
No I have not, I know the 2'er is meant to be a little quieter inside and that got me thinking about adding the MPE etc. I just don't want it always blaring away, it has to run quiet day to day
M2 Lci

Return to “BCS Automotive Limited”