EWG No CEL CAT From BCS Powervalve

New sponsor coming soon.............

Moderators: marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin, Rich196, Nige BCS

WATTS 235i
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: EWG No CEL CAT From BCS Powervalve

Post by WATTS 235i » Tue May 24, 2016 10:28 am

Blind Pugh wrote:It might but no guarantees.

You would need the adaptor to turn the minicat axis 90 deg.

Read this thread about something similar

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showth ... p=19823051
That is a shame. So it looks like the only option for a no CEL 300 Sports Cat is HJS then.

BP, I have already tested a 100 mile run on map 0 without any CEL errors with my downpipe but how do I know for 100% certainty that my HJS Sports cat is CEL free with me using JB4?

Would the CEL error present a code in the JB4 on the saved codes section ? If so I have never had that error code.

marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by marco_polo » Tue May 24, 2016 10:31 am

This is all very disappointing. :(
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

colwill116
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by colwill116 » Tue May 24, 2016 10:38 am

WATTS 235i wrote:

That is a shame. So it looks like the only option for a no CEL 300 Sports Cat is HJS then.

BP, I have already tested a 100 mile run on map 0 without any CEL errors with my downpipe but how do I know for 100% certainty that my HJS Sports cat is CEL free with me using JB4?

Would the CEL error present a code in the JB4 on the saved codes section ? If so I have never had that error code.
Set "Future use D" to 90. It's a binary input so just fiddle with the options and eventually you can get 90. Do not worry what the options actually say they mean nothing. This then stops the JB4 from deleting any error codes no matter what map you are in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MINERAL GREY M140i SHADOW EDITION 3dr

WATTS 235i
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by WATTS 235i » Tue May 24, 2016 10:59 am

colwill116 wrote:
WATTS 235i wrote:

Set "Future use D" to 90. It's a binary input so just fiddle with the options and eventually you can get 90. Do not worry what the options actually say they mean nothing. This then stops the JB4 from deleting any error codes no matter what map you are in.

Thanks but isn't there an option in JB4 connect to view saved / deleted codes anyway?

I normally check that from time to time just to make sure no new errors comes up.

Is there any benefit from me setting that up as you say?

colwill116
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by colwill116 » Tue May 24, 2016 11:18 am

WATTS 235i wrote:
colwill116 wrote:
WATTS 235i wrote:

Thanks but isn't there an option in JB4 connect to view saved / deleted codes anyway?

I normally check that from time to time just to make sure no new errors comes up.

Is there any benefit from me setting that up as you say?
Is there not on the laptop version? On JB4 mobile you can read current and saved. Either way stilla benefit on setting it up as you can get any generic obd diagnostic tool and check every now and then.

The JB4 will have left it untouched

MINERAL GREY M140i SHADOW EDITION 3dr

copperman05

Post by copperman05 » Tue May 24, 2016 11:32 am

Apart from the increase in sound isn't changing the cat a bit redundant without something like the jb4 to make best use of the upgrade? Seems like a lot of money to spend and not utilise it's potential.
Present: M235i, Melbourne Red.
Past: M135i, Mineral Grey, 428hp 481lbft

Blind Pugh

Post by Blind Pugh » Tue May 24, 2016 11:34 am

WATTS 235i wrote:

Watts,

My wife has driven 400miles + on map 0 [JB4 off hence autoclear is disabled] w/o any CEL coming up with BCS 200CPI HFC DP.

I was looking for the recent post that showed how to set JB4 autoclear on and off as you can run map 4, with autoclear disabled then IIRC saved codes can be saved as an option when you clear codes manually.

BP
Fettled M135i EB AT - gone but not forgotten !
AW M2 DCT

Toot1903
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Toot1903 » Tue May 24, 2016 12:06 pm

copperman05 wrote:Apart from the increase in sound isn't changing the cat a bit redundant without something like the jb4 to make best use of the upgrade? Seems like a lot of money to spend and not utilise it's potential.
That's exactly what i want it for.
M235i ZF8 Estoril Blue
ex: Audi TT RS+ / TTS / S3

marco_polo

Post by marco_polo » Tue May 24, 2016 12:11 pm

Better noise and less lag.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

copperman05

Post by copperman05 » Tue May 24, 2016 12:34 pm

If you have the TMC module it makes sense but on an otherwise stock car it's a bit pointless imo.
Present: M235i, Melbourne Red.
Past: M135i, Mineral Grey, 428hp 481lbft

Ashley6285
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Ashley6285 » Tue May 24, 2016 8:12 pm

marco_polo wrote:Better noise and less lag.
Exactly this; but I completely agree that in terms of bang for your buck, a sports cat probably isn't the best value for money. And hence my indecision now whether to switch back to the 200cel or get a refund.

I asked Nige pre the 300cel being fitted, whether they had tried a spacer on the standard 200cel and he said it wouldn't work.

I'm sure Nige will be along in the not too distant future to give the official position etc.
M135 LCI, Alpine White, Coral Leather, MPE, MP Decals and lots of gloss black - GONE

Fong

Post by Fong » Wed May 25, 2016 3:51 am

This is disappointing news. Fabspeed in the US have developed a 200 cell which doesn't trigger a CEL for the m235i. Will this fit the m135i right hand drive?

marco_polo

Post by marco_polo » Wed May 25, 2016 7:44 am

Err, I think you'd be the first to try, let us know how you get on?

Blind Pugh

Post by Blind Pugh » Wed May 25, 2016 9:45 am

Fong,

I see no reason why 'LHD' Fabspeed HFC DP won't fit RHD but the cost from US to UK may be prohibitive - perhaps try Milltek HFC DP as I believe they use HJS sport cats or act as HJS agent in the UK.

BP
Last edited by Blind Pugh on Sat May 28, 2016 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fettled M135i EB AT - gone but not forgotten !
AW M2 DCT

JamesHS
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by JamesHS » Wed May 25, 2016 10:04 am

Fong wrote:This is disappointing news. Fabspeed in the US have developed a 200 cell which doesn't trigger a CEL for the m235i. Will this fit the m135i right hand drive?
The fabspeed one is a HJS cat so I'd guess similar/ the same as watts sports cat?
EB F21 M135i
Modifications: M performance Exhaust, M performance grilles, Alcantara Perfromance Steering Wheel, Carbon 3D Design Spoiler, M4 Style Mirrors, GAZP Rear Diffusser
To come: JB4, Coilovers, Sports Cat

Return to “BCS Automotive Limited”