We're planning to shortly launch a new Scratch & Dent insurance policy which will cover the cost of repairing minor scratches, scuffs, chips and dents to a car.
Clearly researching other online provider's policies is relatively easy and we have *some* details of the products being offered by Motor Dealers but I was hoping to get a little feedback from you all in terms of what Motor Dealers have been quoting you for (and/or what cover you've bought) both in terms of price and the cover level provided by the policy.
Specifically I'm interested in knowing about the policies that Motor Dealers have offered you in relation to:
- The duration of cover
- The maximum number of claims permitted
- The limit to the size of damaged area (lots of policies appear to be limited to cover only scratches/dents less than 15cm in length/diameter)
- The payable excess per-claim
- The number of body panels the damage is permitted to cover (exclude cover for damage (e.g. a scratch or dent) affecting more than one body panel).
- The price you were quoted and/or (if different - e.g. after negotiation) the price you paid if you bought it.
Thank you in advance