Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

YaoNg
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Anyone embarrassed any supercars?

Post by YaoNg » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:13 am

GeoffCollins wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:12 am

I would love to.... but I have already committed to an Ikea trip with the missus for our new apartment, not sure she would be too happy about me skipping on that for a car meet :lol:

Who needs a bed anyway?! THERE'S A SKYLINE ABOUT
IKEA is literally just round the corner. Or at least the Croydon one is. I understand though.
Black M2 - DCT - black grills - MPE - and a slight wince when I get home late or start early.

GeoffCollins
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by GeoffCollins » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:21 am

YaoNg wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:13 am
GeoffCollins wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:12 am

I would love to.... but I have already committed to an Ikea trip with the missus for our new apartment, not sure she would be too happy about me skipping on that for a car meet :lol:

Who needs a bed anyway?! THERE'S A SKYLINE ABOUT
IKEA is literally just round the corner. Or at least the Croydon one is. I understand though.
We're going to the Wembley one :cry:

Are you guys going to go out for a drive, try show up some Saturday drivers that get their Ferrari's out? :lol:
M135i (2014 Manual) - JB4, BMS Intake, Custom Exhaust, Eibach Springs, Cades Bern Wheels, Maxton Splitter, Double Slat Grills, Soon to be decat!

Deadeye
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Deadeye » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:51 am

I had an R33 GTR v-spec in midnight purple.

Fantastic car.

Bought it when I didn’t need to and sold it when I had to and lost my arse on it :(
F20 M135i - most toys
F80 M3 - even more toys - gone!
F87 M2 - most toys

Tell others about your car buying experience by writing a car dealer review at http://www.carbuyingadvisor.co.uk

jimBabyBMW
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by jimBabyBMW » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:44 pm

M2 should keep up with any car on the road no problem id have thought. The only embarrassing thing would be your own delusions of grandeur.

I was out for a drive down a B road a few months back, looked in my mirror and there was an E36 pinned to my bumper, put my foot down more out of habit and backed off instantly, it wasn't a road I could carry any speed on.

Maybe he thought his car was as fast as a GTR.

Peter.V
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Peter.V » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:04 am

People seem to think there's more difference between cars than there actually is. Golf R, m140i, M2, M4, f-type V6S, Cayman s, etc...
On public roads, non of those would be able to "lose" the others, just like at a traffic light Grand Prix, non of those would be able to pull any decent distances on the others until you hit 70-80 mph (in the 30-40 zone) so actually, it's down to the recklessness of the driver in these situations.
The stupider you are, the more cars you "beat".
Peter
M140i 5-door, Auto, MG with oyster and fineline

KR15
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by KR15 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:18 am

Peter.V wrote:People seem to think there's more difference between cars than there actually is. Golf R, m140i, M2, M4, f-type V6S, Cayman s, etc...
On public roads, non of those would be able to "lose" the others, just like at a traffic light Grand Prix, non of those would be able to pull any decent distances on the others until you hit 70-80 mph (in the 30-40 zone) so actually, it's down to the recklessness of the driver in these situations.
This. Unless it's on a track / drag strip you didn't "beat" anyone.

The Facebook group is full of this kind of bollocks. "yeah mate I beat a Veyron the other day on the M1. He had no chance against JB4".

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Current - BMW M140i, BCS Powervalve Cat Back :twisted:
Prev - Focus ST-3 Mk3.5 :D

Stegosaurus
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Stegosaurus » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:45 pm

I beat a P1 in an M2 the other week

On Forza
Current: 2017 M140i F20 in Estoril Blue 'Lydia'
Many options

Gone: F20 118d M Sport in Estoril Blue 'Bex'
2 laps of the Nurburgring completed, 136mph achieved (autobahn), 48k miles covered

petay135
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by petay135 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:33 pm

I got bombed out by an 04 reg Alfa GT tonight on the M56, he simply had to hand me my arse, I am running in and actually quite enjoy pootling around in sport at 75 ish listening to Radio 2, I am glad he is happy even though it involved undertaking in lane 1 at 85+ and then exiting the motorway from lane 3 with about 100m to go before the slip ran out - well done, I hope this isn't a taste of things to come.

F87 LCI M2 MG DCT

Twenny

Anyone embarrassed any supercars?

Post by Twenny » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:27 am

Peter.V wrote:People seem to think there's more difference between cars than there actually is. Golf R, m140i, M2, M4, f-type V6S, Cayman s, etc...
Post of the month right there.

I was tempted to start a reverse thread on “what cars have handed you your arse” but I know it’ll be a very quiet thread lol

Although I got handed my arse 3 times by a 2L VW Golf diesel the other day. He obviously knew the area better than me and used the correct/faster lanes to slide past me while I’m stuck behind a car or lorry etc. I sped up to overtake further up the dual carriageway, only to be slowly driven past by a grinning VW driver. 3 times this happened. I must have looked like a proper twat.

Although when it happened for the 3rd time I had to admit defeat so I just shrugged smiled and waved back.

I want to say lesson learned.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-130i front discs-VMR v710-Eibach ARB
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

git-r2
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by git-r2 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:48 am

Hehe that was my Skyline Yao metntioned at the Croydon meet -Geoffcollins - anytime you need some therapy feel free to give me a shout :) there's a few of us going to Brands on the 17 October if you need some :)

This was probably my best sport so far in my M135. The car is standard apart from an M lsd.

Porsche Cayman GT4 on very expensive Dunlop Max Race tyres v's my lowly 1 series. Had a good chat to the driver and he was very impressed with the 1 :)

Ok, the driver doesn't know the track as well but in terms of straight line grunt the 1 series isnt really much slower!!

https://youtu.be/xFPUogmYBV4
'13 M135i standard.. and will remain so.. I promise... really.. will not modify... or abuse on track..
'91 R32 GTR... basically standard and unmolested... 497 @ rear hubs... never raced nor rallied : https://youtu.be/jhsX0elVG2k
+ some dullness

GeoffCollins
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by GeoffCollins » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:57 pm

git-r2 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:48 am
Hehe that was my Skyline Yao metntioned at the Croydon meet -Geoffcollins - anytime you need some therapy feel free to give me a shout :) there's a few of us going to Brands on the 17 October if you need some :)

This was probably my best sport so far in my M135. The car is standard apart from an M lsd.

Porsche Cayman GT4 on very expensive Dunlop Max Race tyres v's my lowly 1 series. Had a good chat to the driver and he was very impressed with the 1 :)

Ok, the driver doesn't know the track as well but in terms of straight line grunt the 1 series isnt really much slower!!

https://youtu.be/xFPUogmYBV4
I am very tempeted to come up on the 17th, can't afford the track day, but I do a lot of workwith MSV so hopefully they will let me out for some laps, I would love to see the skyline too, I miss my baby :cry:
M135i (2014 Manual) - JB4, BMS Intake, Custom Exhaust, Eibach Springs, Cades Bern Wheels, Maxton Splitter, Double Slat Grills, Soon to be decat!

Ursy
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Ursy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:16 am

I used to own a 911 turbo with the factory X50 kit (its listed on the supercar page on Evo - so think it just about counts!). Anyway... when you have a car that quick, you don't actually have anything to prove to anyone as you know your quicker, so was never embarrased as never actually bothered to race anyone.

I do have a video somewhere in Germany mind where me and my mate in his 458 nailed it from a rolling start, filmed by another mate in his E92 M3 - and he was foot to the floor and we disappeared into the distance :)

git-r2
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by git-r2 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:59 pm

GeoffCollins wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:57 pm
git-r2 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:48 am
Hehe

I am very tempeted to come up on the 17th, can't afford the track day, but I do a lot of workwith MSV so hopefully they will let me out for some laps, I would love to see the skyline too, I miss my baby :cry:

Do it! Bring your helmet and I'll take you out in my 32 for some 53 second laps ... if it's dry... and I don't crash :)
'13 M135i standard.. and will remain so.. I promise... really.. will not modify... or abuse on track..
'91 R32 GTR... basically standard and unmolested... 497 @ rear hubs... never raced nor rallied : https://youtu.be/jhsX0elVG2k
+ some dullness

FishFingers
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by FishFingers » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:47 am

Peter.V wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:04 am
People seem to think there's more difference between cars than there actually is. Golf R, m140i, M2, M4, f-type V6S, Cayman s, etc...
Excellent post sir!

The posts that really irritate me are the ones where cars are closely matched and some twonk says they murdered/annihalated/destroyed the opposition on the road..... when in fact they were just driving like the end of a bell.

Some banana brain came flying past my M2 in a white M135/M140 in a 30mph doing about 60mph on a blind bend coming up to a busy junction in Altrincham (I got your plate).
His mate shouted something out of the side window......

I was bringing our injured cat back from the vet.

Nath C

Post by Nath C » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:37 pm

I've had the better of a couple of 997 911's (just) and a caymen yesterday. All pretty satisfying! I let the faster cars past, pretending I haven't seem them 😜

Return to “F87 M2”