Get your M2 fix here

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

sootyvrs
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Picking up the M2 tomorrow!!

Post by sootyvrs » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:22 pm

Sorry to hear about your woes..

I remember picking up my brand new E46 M3 in 2003 and scraping the bottom of the front bumper parking it 30 mins after.. :(

Hopefully all sorted soon so you can start enjoying the car

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

My BabyBMW's with some Pork inbetween :D
2017 F21 BMW M140i Auto
2015 F56 Mini Cooper S Man
2013 F20 BMW M135i Auto
2010 R56 Mini Cooper D Man
2007 E87 BMW 130i Man

Japper_M2

Post by Japper_M2 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:26 am

petay135 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:47 pm
Hey sorry no pics yet, I am going to get the ppf on the front tomorrow and on the way home from the dealer I caught a piece of wood, debris was all over the motorway so no chance to avoid, just very unlucky, have a small series of marks low down on the side of the front bumper so a bit gutted and don't feel like posting tonight. Going to get the detailer to try and wet sand off tomorrow so the ppf can still go on

Not having the best of luck with my cars at the moment :(
Oh man, feel your pain. Hoping it’s within realms of detailer being able to fix fully.

Gary_LB
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Gary_LB » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:29 am

Sorry to hear about this but don’t let it take the sine off delivery day. You’ll hopefully get it sorted and still have an awesome machine!!
Now - 2017 Audi S4 Black Edition

Then - M235i, M135i, 120d M Sport Coupe, Subaru Impreza, Toyota Celica T Sport 190, VW Golf GTi Mk4, Saxo VTR

petay135
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by petay135 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:00 am

Thanks, spent a couple of hours last night flatting back the marks with 90% results, been to the PPF place this morning and it is flat enough for them to start work so big relief and the ppf should mask the rest. If not it is an excuse to order the front winglets according to my OCD/Man Maths calculater!!

Here are a few pics from the workshop at Lloyds Colne where James (Remyroc) was working a bit of prep magic. Big thanks to James for fitting me in at short notice (on his day off actually)

Will post up some home pics once I get it back later

Massive thanks at this stage to the Head of Business and staff at Lloyds Colne who have worked really professionally with me through the problems with my M3 and sourcing the replacement so quickly, just a great dealership and particular thanks to my sales guy Seb, nothing is too much trouble and there is no bullsh#t. He even swapped my grilles for me in between customers - respect!!

F87 LCI M2 MG DCT

OneTwenty

Post by OneTwenty » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:28 pm

It looks lovely, I'm sure the initial issues will be sorted. :)

Lloyd Colne are excellent IMO and I've always had great service from them either with buying a car/s, or even smaller things like fluid top ups and discounts, glad to see they sorted you out.
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise

petay135
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by petay135 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:45 pm

Need to get on their list for the M2CS next, apparently will be available next Summer with 410bhp and the S55 unit even proper seats!!! some say it will be replacing the M2 LCI which might not be great for stock M2 residuals although the CS will be pretty hard to get in to until at least the end of 2018.
I think the CS might be a bit hardcore for many average buyers as well, the standard M2 hits quite a sweet spot for a junior M car with exploitable real world performance.

I think it will come down to the price premium on the CS, have heard 10k euro's which would put a well optioned DCT around £60k before discount (good luck)

F87 LCI M2 MG DCT

Japper_M2

Post by Japper_M2 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:59 pm

Reading the latest, it appears seats are the same with option of perforated and different colour stitching. Also appears wheels are same.

If a £60k motor then I think values of our base M2 may actually strengthen.

petay135
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by petay135 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:44 pm

Would be a nice thought, I think BMW will mange the values via AUC pricing as best they can, it is not in their interest to be dealing with neg equity and disgruntled owners as they are their future buyers if they stay in the pcp cycle.

I think the very latest is saying M4CS style seats though, might have to retro fit!!!

F87 LCI M2 MG DCT

Deadeye

Post by Deadeye » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:35 pm

petay135 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:44 pm
Would be a nice thought, I think BMW will mange the values via AUC pricing as best they can, it is not in their interest to be dealing with neg equity and disgruntled owners as they are their future buyers if they stay in the pcp cycle.

I think the very latest is saying M4CS style seats though, might have to retro fit!!!
I've been thinking about retro'ing the current M3/4 seats. There's only the arm rest in the front that has the shyte leather apart from the seats and no-one looks in the back.

Nice to see you have the correct gear-knob.

:D :lol:
F20 M135i - most toys
F80 M3 - even more toys - gone!
F87 M2 - most toys

Tell others about your car buying experience by writing a car dealer review at http://www.carbuyingadvisor.co.uk

petay135
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by petay135 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:46 pm

Deadeye wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:35 pm
petay135 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:44 pm

I've been thinking about retro'ing the current M3/4 seats. There's only the arm rest in the front that has the shyte leather apart from the seats and no-one looks in the back.

Nice to see you have the correct gear-knob.

:D :lol:
Why thank you! :) , MP interior set me back £300 plus the wheel which was much more but the uplift in ambiance is worth it in terms of MP currency.

M3 interiors seem to be in regular supply, if you go that route plese do a tutorial as I would be interested as well, the Dakota in my M2 seems even worse than the Coral Red stuff in my M135i, looks like they have increased the cardboard content :shock:

F87 LCI M2 MG DCT

YaoNg
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by YaoNg » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:05 pm

Nice car. Congratulations on the purchase. Good to see the minor blip on the journey back has ruined your overall experience. Such a good car.
Black M2 - DCT - black grills - MPE - and a slight wince when I get home late or start early.

petay135
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by petay135 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:31 pm

Sorry to be a pain but I am quite excited with this whole M2 Malarky. :o

Home now after the PPF and a little change to the rear you should spot easily enough, on REFLECTION I think it looks better!! :?:

The scene of the wood debris crime, still there if you go after it on your knees but the film has masked what was left of it well and stopped reflections so I can live with it, could have been worse I guess. :x

Couple of settling in pics before I go out for a gentle run tonight 8)

These are the new tips - 90mm CYBA brushed.

A much happier night tonight! The PPF guys have done well, couple of tiny air bubbles which will work out, have all front, sills, bottom of doors, behind rear wheels, top of rear bumper where you load/unload

F87 LCI M2 MG DCT

MerlinPurple
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by MerlinPurple » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:33 pm

Very nice MG mate!

Good call on the Cyba's ... pretty big in person aren't they? :)

petay135
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by petay135 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:46 pm

MerlinPurple wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:33 pm
Very nice MG mate!

Good call on the Cyba's ... pretty big in person aren't they? :)
I was a bit taken aback, will be a nice upgrade to the "pea shooters" - quality impressive and no import duty :P

F87 LCI M2 MG DCT

as7920
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by as7920 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:56 pm

Congrats on the new motor. Looks awesome.

Managed to see an MG in the flesh for the first time other day (saw two LLB this morning alone!). Maybe my new favourite colour.

Sorry to hear about the scuff. PPF seems to have done a good job from the pics.

Return to “F87 M2”