Picking up the M2 tomorrow!!

Get your M2 fix here

Moderators: marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin, Rich196

User avatar
petay135
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1868
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:36 am

Re: Picking up the M2 tomorrow!!

Post by petay135 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:05 pm

as7920 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:56 pm
Congrats on the new motor. Looks awesome.

Managed to see an MG in the flesh for the first time other day (saw two LLB this morning alone!). Maybe my new favourite colour.

Sorry to hear about the scuff. PPF seems to have done a good job from the pics.
Thanks, the odd thing is I have not seen more than a couple of M2's in the wild in the last 3 months and today on the way to pick it up from the PPF place I saw 2 LBB's in the space of 5 minutes. Both bone stock and being driven "enthusiastically" :(

The MG does work well on the shape, wait till I get my Bronze Z Performance 20's on in the spring Braaarp!

F87 LCI M2 MG DCT

Tricky401
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1813
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:55 pm

Re: Picking up the M2 tomorrow!!

Post by Tricky401 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:36 pm

Lovely looking motor. Looks great in mg.interested to hear a little about the m3 issues, pm if you prefer

Exhaust tips look good but are they meant to be level. The left hand side points down to the centre?
M135 5door, mineral Grey,black Dakota , auto, comfort pack + front Pdc, pro nav, adaptive sus, adaptive LEDs, reverse cam, sunroof, shadeband, sun protection, folding mirrors, load through, heated seats. First ever auto and BMW

Gary_LB
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:55 pm

Re: Picking up the M2 tomorrow!!

Post by Gary_LB » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:44 pm

Your car looks fantastic and is exactly how I would have Spec’d it. Mineral Grey with black grills and the rear carbon spoiler set it off nicely. Just a shame I have had to go for 4 doors on my recent purchase or I would have joined the M2 club also
Now - 2017 Audi S4 Black Edition

Then - M235i, M135i, 120d M Sport Coupe, Subaru Impreza, Toyota Celica T Sport 190, VW Golf GTi Mk4, Saxo VTR

User avatar
petay135
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1868
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:36 am

Re: Picking up the M2 tomorrow!!

Post by petay135 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:06 pm

Tricky401 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:36 pm
Lovely looking motor. Looks great in mg.interested to hear a little about the m3 issues, pm if you prefer

Exhaust tips look good but are they meant to be level. The left hand side points down to the centre?
Trick of the light, they are correct, trust me I have serious OCD issues

Will post about the M3 shortly, just tieing up all the loose ends :wink:

F87 LCI M2 MG DCT

User avatar
petay135
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1868
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:36 am

Re: Picking up the M2 tomorrow!!

Post by petay135 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:10 pm

Gary_LB wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:44 pm
Your car looks fantastic and is exactly how I would have Spec’d it. Mineral Grey with black grills and the rear carbon spoiler set it off nicely. Just a shame I have had to go for 4 doors on my recent purchase or I would have joined the M2 club also
Thanks it was a tough one between LBB, BSM and this having come out of a white M Lite. In the end I only loved LBB in certain lighting conditions, BSM is evil on the car but too much fuss to keep it right and the more I looked at the Mineral Grey particularly under flourescents, the more I saw it had a lot of shade and flip to offer when I originally had it down as just a boring mid grey and it is the subtle shading which works on the M2 curves.

Having said that I think Sunset will look fab on the upcoming CS 8)

F87 LCI M2 MG DCT

Tricky401
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1813
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:55 pm

Re: Picking up the M2 tomorrow!!

Post by Tricky401 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:37 pm

petay135 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:06 pm
Tricky401 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:36 pm
Lovely looking motor. Looks great in mg.interested to hear a little about the m3 issues, pm if you prefer

Exhaust tips look good but are they meant to be level. The left hand side points down to the centre?
Trick of the light, they are correct, trust me I have serious OCD issues

Will post about the M3 shortly, just tieing up all the loose ends :wink:
I did think as it's obvious that you have a very keen eye. Looks great, looking forward to more updates
M135 5door, mineral Grey,black Dakota , auto, comfort pack + front Pdc, pro nav, adaptive sus, adaptive LEDs, reverse cam, sunroof, shadeband, sun protection, folding mirrors, load through, heated seats. First ever auto and BMW

User avatar
as7920
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:36 pm
Location: Surrey

Re: Picking up the M2 tomorrow!!

Post by as7920 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:13 pm

petay135 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:05 pm
as7920 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:56 pm
Congrats on the new motor. Looks awesome.

Managed to see an MG in the flesh for the first time other day (saw two LLB this morning alone!). Maybe my new favourite colour.

Sorry to hear about the scuff. PPF seems to have done a good job from the pics.
Thanks, the odd thing is I have not seen more than a couple of M2's in the wild in the last 3 months and today on the way to pick it up from the PPF place I saw 2 LBB's in the space of 5 minutes. Both bone stock and being driven "enthusiastically" :(

The MG does work well on the shape, wait till I get my Bronze Z Performance 20's on in the spring Braaarp!
End of quarter deals and September 67 maybe? First one I saw was a 67 but the other was pre-LCI.

User avatar
petay135
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1868
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:36 am

Re: Picking up the M2 tomorrow!!

Post by petay135 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:21 pm

Both were pre lci.

F87 LCI M2 MG DCT

User avatar
Blackroc
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 4108
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 5:12 pm
Location: Lancashire
Contact:

Re: Picking up the M2 tomorrow!!

Post by Blackroc » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:03 pm

A few pictures of my own...

It was good to finally meet Pete and his new beast (Mineral Grey is the only colour of M2 I've not worked on yet!)

The plan for Monday was to keep it simple but make sure Pete could drive home happy, let him do all his PPF'ing and upgrades and then catch up with him again in a few weeks to get his stunning car Ceramic Coated..

The M2 was safe washed, decontaminated, safe dried, treated to Sonax Brilliant Shine QD for some protection, interior tidy up and some light machine polish prep to the areas getting filmed up..

Pete and his Salesman were also keen to get involved so we're buzzing around me fitting grilles, spoilers and badges. I'd say we caused quite a stir. Especially when Pete whipped out my wife's pink Lee Stafford Hairdryer I'd brought to remove the old spoiler to fit the new one!!

Image

As Pete said, the dealership were particularly helpful and quite refreshingly keen to make sure the customer was happy - given some of the horrors I've had to deal with recently it was a real pleasure.

Looking forward to meeting up with Pete again in October. A few before, during and after iPhone shots

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
petay135
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1868
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:36 am

Re: Picking up the M2 tomorrow!!

Post by petay135 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:27 pm

Nice one James, thanks for your input on the day, the pink hair dryer was invaluable for the really complicated stuff!#

My boot spoiler is 1mm out your end, expect to hear from my Lawyer :)

After you had left the great Lloyds staff were raving about the full detail you had provided, asking about the products and techniques etc. I didn't really have the heart to tell them this was just a basic decontamination and cust pre delivery prep (with one eye on making sure the surfaces to be filmed were immaculate) but done PROPERLY!

I hope you enjoyed the remainder of your day off mate :)

F87 LCI M2 MG DCT

User avatar
Deadeye
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2317
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Picking up the M2 tomorrow!!

Post by Deadeye » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:52 am

I’ve still got a set of M3 tips I’m considering trying on.

Is it me or do none of the pics show the tips?
F20 M135i - most toys
F80 M3 - even more toys - gone!
F87 M2 - most toys

Tell others about your car buying experience by writing a car dealer review at http://www.carbuyingadvisor.co.uk

User avatar
petay135
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1868
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:36 am

Re: Picking up the M2 tomorrow!!

Post by petay135 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:21 am

The tips are awaiting fitment as they only just arrived yesterday.

Should get chance over the weekend

F87 LCI M2 MG DCT

Japper_M2
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:49 pm

Re: Picking up the M2 tomorrow!!

Post by Japper_M2 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:24 am

petay135 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:44 pm
Would be a nice thought, I think BMW will mange the values via AUC pricing as best they can, it is not in their interest to be dealing with neg equity and disgruntled owners as they are their future buyers if they stay in the pcp cycle.

I think the very latest is saying M4CS style seats though, might have to retro fit!!!
Looks like confirmation that EOP for base M2 is June 18. What this will do for values will depend on price and reviews of CS model I guess. Looks like base price of CS will be kept low with all requirements being an add on option. So i’m Guessing a properly spec ed CS will be circa 65k.

Blind Pugh
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 7341
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:36 am

Re: Picking up the M2 tomorrow!!

Post by Blind Pugh » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:43 am

Petay,

The car looks great in MG.

Looking at the photos, ride height looks like transit blocks are still in.

Enjoy !

BP

User avatar
Deadeye
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2317
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Picking up the M2 tomorrow!!

Post by Deadeye » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:50 am

Looking forward to seeing the 10mm spacers and the springs.
F20 M135i - most toys
F80 M3 - even more toys - gone!
F87 M2 - most toys

Tell others about your car buying experience by writing a car dealer review at http://www.carbuyingadvisor.co.uk

Post Reply

Return to “F87 M2”