Picking up the M2 tomorrow!!

Get your M2 fix here

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

sawda
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Picking up the M2 tomorrow!!

Post by sawda » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:51 am

petay135 wrote:I suppose all experiences will differ but having driven mine to the fitter without and then home the same evening same route with the Eibachs on I can confidently say the car felt as good if not better than before, the Eibach springs handled uneven surfaces in a more compliant manner. The bonus is the car no longer looks like it is on stilts, the difference in posture and aggression is marked.

The MP Coilovers are an option going forward but at 2.5k fitted it is a much bigger decision than throwing on a set of springs and the difference for that £££ would need to be night and day, for me.
Agreed. Eibach pros are better imo, next step up is coilovers. Ride perhaps ever so slightly firmer but as I use it for fun and track days suits me fine but can understand if people want it that little bit less firm as a daily.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

YaoNg
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by YaoNg » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:47 pm

petay135 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:31 am
I suppose all experiences will differ but having driven my car to the fitter without and then home the same evening same route with the Eibachs on I can confidently say the car felt as good if not better than before, the Eibach springs handled uneven surfaces in a more compliant manner. The bonus is the car now has the stance you would have hoped BMW would have dialled in at the factory to complement the swollen arches, the difference in posture and aggression is marked.

The MP Coilovers are an option going forward but at 2.5k fitted it is a much bigger decision than throwing on a set of springs and the difference for that £££ would need to be night and day, for me. Feedback on the American Forums is broadly positive but not "must have" positive.
I've been toying with this springs vs coilovers for a couple of weeks now (thanks BP). The cost is the main influence here and I would really like to sit in M2s with fitted with either for a comparison. Additionally, if the coilovers really do offer a significant difference then as a friend said today you probably need to be doing more than one track day a month to justify the cost. But I still keep going back and forth. We need an M2 meet with cars fitted with these different options.

Out of interest, how much did the spacers and springs cost you roughly (if you don't mind me asking)? I'm guessing your friend fitted them for free.
Black M2 - DCT - black grills - MPE - and a slight wince when I get home late or start early.

sawda
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by sawda » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:23 pm

YaoNg wrote:
petay135 wrote:
I suppose all experiences will differ but having driven my car to the fitter without and then home the same evening same route with the Eibachs on I can confidently say the car felt as good if not better than before, the Eibach springs handled uneven surfaces in a more compliant manner. The bonus is the car now has the stance you would have hoped BMW would have dialled in at the factory to complement the swollen arches, the difference in posture and aggression is marked.

The MP Coilovers are an option going forward but at 2.5k fitted it is a much bigger decision than throwing on a set of springs and the difference for that £££ would need to be night and day, for me. Feedback on the American Forums is broadly positive but not "must have" positive.
I've been toying with this springs vs coilovers for a couple of weeks now (thanks BP). The cost is the main influence here and I would really like to sit in M2s with fitted with either for a comparison. Additionally, if the coilovers really do offer a significant difference then as a friend said today you probably need to be doing more than one track day a month to justify the cost. But I still keep going back and forth. We need an M2 meet with cars fitted with these different options.

Out of interest, how much did the spacers and springs cost you roughly (if you don't mind me asking)? I'm guessing your friend fitted them for free.
I think mine was around 500 quid all in including wheel alignment. Would love coilovers but really wont see the benefots. Car is great on a track day anyway... At least for someone like me that will only do 3 or 4 a year. Welcome to try mine out some time.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

petay135
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by petay135 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:42 pm

YaoNg wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:47 pm
petay135 wrote:

Hi, the springs were £200 and fitting was my mates Dad, retired engineer so I was charged but only £150, a local indy quoted £180 plus vat as a general guide. I expect geo to be 60 to 100.

The stance on the Springs and 10mm spacers is outrageous, was at Halliwell Jones having my bonnet adjusted and most of the parts dept filed out to check it over, they all seemed quite bowled over, not sure the typical Wilmslow customer is in to "stancing" their cars. made me feel pretty good anyway.

F87 LCI M2 MG DCT

YaoNg
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by YaoNg » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:11 pm

I have a quote of around 680 from one reputable place for spacers and springs all fitted. It seems quite high.

How is the stance on an everyday basis? Living in London I get a lot of speed bumps, etc and in some car parks steep slopes.
Black M2 - DCT - black grills - MPE - and a slight wince when I get home late or start early.

petay135
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by petay135 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:41 pm

It's fine speed bumps no problem particularly the central ones as the wider track just sails over them! Just watch kerbs when parking nose in!

£680!! - I think that is too high, Larkspeed or CA Technologies for the springs and get a decent indy to do it, it books at a 3 hour job. Then a couple of weeks later get it on a Hunter alignment rig to make sure the geo is corrected.

F87 LCI M2 MG DCT

jonnydrama
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by jonnydrama » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:28 am

YaoNg wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:11 pm
I have a quote of around 680 from one reputable place for spacers and springs all fitted. It seems quite high.

How is the stance on an everyday basis? Living in London I get a lot of speed bumps, etc and in some car parks steep slopes.
That has to be Birds...

Blind Pugh
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Blind Pugh » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:25 am

YaoNg wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:11 pm
Yao

Have you considered KW HAS - height adjustable springs using oem damping ??

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/showth ... ?t=1272232

Worth thinking about indies outside of London.

Talk to AutoLusso in Soton - KW approved fitting centre - MrPink on here put me onto them...

http://www.autolusso-bournemouth.co.uk/

Ask for Lawrence and say Simon Lee referred you.

BP

DaleB90
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by DaleB90 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:03 pm

petay135 wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:32 pm
I have a few snaps of the M2 now it is lowered and with the CYBA brushed tips fitted. 10mm spacers H & R with Eibach Pro Kit.
The H & R's have a nice deep flange so the 10mm can sit flush to the hub avoiding the need for the more normal 12mm which is a bit too much imo.
See what you think, the car looks quite a bit more aggressive in this guise. I HAVE INCLUDE A BEFORE FROM A SIMILAR ANGLE.

BEFORE

AFTER

Front and sill carbon aero goes on Tuesday which should tie in the increased track visually, pic's to follow.

The car rides pretty much the same, if anything slightly more compliant, no creaks or other noises as expected as the job was done my a mechanic friend with 30 years spannering experience. Tried a test drive over undulating country roads with my 16 stone pal riding shotgun and a boot full of springs and other parts, no rubbing at all but it must be close!

Your car looks excellent Pete...I may be biased as I'm picking up my M2 LCI in MG on Saturday!

10mm spacers look just right on the oem wheels and what I'll also opt for after seeing your pics. Black grills and side markers are also a must.

Out of interest how did you go about ordering your Cyba tips?
M2 LCI DCT

M135i 8AT - almost gone

petay135
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by petay135 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:54 am

Hi congrats on the purchase, MG is the colour to have on these imho so good choice!

Cyba is the user name of a guy over in Taiwan who is active on the Bimmerpost forums. You can email him here
cyba108@gmail.com. If you search Cyba on those messageboards you will see his posts concerning what he offers.

He responds quickly, his name is Derek and he has sold hundreds of sets without issue so can recommend.

I have the chance of some Vorsteiner tips shortly so I may possibly be in a position to move mine on, I really like them but the Vorsteiner are pretty nice as well and I am always tinkering so before you order shoot me a pm and I will let you know the position as it would save you hassle/duty and mine are as new

Cheers
Pete

F87 LCI M2 MG DCT

DaleB90
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by DaleB90 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:41 am

Perfect Pete, I'll keep that in mind when it comes time.

P.S. these cars are awesome :D
M2 LCI DCT

M135i 8AT - almost gone

petay135
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by petay135 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:44 am

DaleB90 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:41 am
Perfect Pete, I'll keep that in mind when it comes time.

P.S. these cars are awesome :D
True dat!!

F87 LCI M2 MG DCT

Return to “F87 M2”