Baby BMW Forum banner

Alternative oem 18" wheel fitment

7K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  marco_polo 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I have 270Ms as my M2 winter wheels, not the same visual effect as 19s but good for usability in poor conditions.

#12 ·
flyboy777 said:
Anyone know if 17's fit over the brakes?

Just looking at a spacesaver spare for longer journeys abroad & only seem to go up to 17.

X6 18" steel space saver cw circa 10mm spacer and longer bolts are what m3/4 in USA use

#14 ·
Searching around not seen any 270m wheels with the grey RDC pressure sensors.
I assume there is no way (without coding) to switch the car from RDC to the old method of measuring wheel rotation speed via abs sensors whilst winters are on?
Fitting RDC sensors to already mounted tyres obviously adds to the cost somewhat.

#16 ·
#17 ·
Blind Pugh said:
flyboy777 said:
Anyone know if 17's fit over the brakes?

Just looking at a spacesaver spare for longer journeys abroad & only seem to go up to 17.

X6 18" steel space saver cw circa 10mm spacer and longer bolts are what m3/4 in USA use

Update - 18" steel space saver UK based on info kindly supplied by alanscoob & andrettifan, both c/o F87 Bimmerpost forum - links below:

Extracts to summarise:-

- OEM Wheel Part Number: 36 11 6 768 861 - £64.94
- OEM Jack Part Number: 71 12 6 866 211 - £65.87

Tyre: Bridgestone 145/70R18 - £57 - sized to suit M2

Spacer: 5mm spacer to clear the front brake caliper (front only). The wheel does actually clear, just, but the 5mm spacer makes certain. It's not needed at the rear, there is plenty of clearance.

Had front & rear wheels off so it's all been tested & fits fine.
If wanting the moulded tray that fits inside 18" spare wheel - to stow jack etc - OEM part # 71106775773

BP

#20 ·
Speaking of 270m - saw this pic posted on F87post - mid grey 270m on LBB M2 - looks the bees knees..

The oem wheel whore in me is thinking ditch 640m [as fitted to my car in photo below] and get into set of 270m's [as per photo above] for winter

Folks - should twist or stick ???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.