Spacers

Get your M2 fix here

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

YaoNg
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Spacers

Post by YaoNg » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:00 am

Just curious what spacers people are using. Also any pics to show it and even better if you can show stock and then with spacers. Also, what concerns or issues you encountered.

I read this thread which was useful:

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/showth ... 250&page=4

and this comment was interesting since I'm looking at MPCs right now:

"I'm running the MP coils with 10/10 and I rub on hard dips in the front with the stock Michelins. Got it aligned along with the coilover install.

I'm pretty sure it rubbed before I added the spacers, though. It's a minor rub and it takes some speed over a sharp dip."

Thoughts?
Black M2 - DCT - black grills - MPE - and a slight wince when I get home late or start early.

BishUK

Re: Spacers

Post by BishUK » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:02 pm

I run 10mm all round on Eibach springs (which drop as low as the lowest setting on the MPCoils) and do not encounter any rubbing at all. I had a very, very minor rub at the rear when being "on-it" over dips but this went as soon as i put factory camber/toe-in settings back via a Hawkeye alignment.

I have the Coils too (albeit haven't fitted them yet) and thats the beauty of the system, you can go up/down as necessary for your perfect gap.

Blind Pugh
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Blind Pugh » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:20 pm

Yao,

Not a fan of spacers and would sooner look at putting wider/grippier rubber on all 4 corners to fill the arches so to speak than phaff about with spacers, longer bolts and longer locking bolts.

Reading the F87post thread and BIsh's comment above confirms my reluctance about using spacers. Pictures below are from post #93 with spacers F&R of 10&12mm

ImageImage

BP

DaleB90
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by DaleB90 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:25 pm

Spacers seem to work better on lowered cars visually due to the extra neg camber you gain through lowering. They do seem to be a bit too pokey at standard ride height, for me anyway.
M2 LCI DCT

M135i 8AT - almost gone

sawda
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by sawda » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:46 pm

12mm all round, lowered on eibacj springs since march. No issues with rubbing several track days seen and not a peep if that helps anyone.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

YaoNg
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by YaoNg » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:41 pm

DaleB90 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:25 pm
Spacers seem to work better on lowered cars visually due to the extra neg camber you gain through lowering. They do seem to be a bit too pokey at standard ride height, for me anyway.
I've got coilovers planned as well.
sawda wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:46 pm
12mm all round, lowered on eibacj springs since march. No issues with rubbing several track days seen and not a peep if that helps anyone.
For me, the concern is rubbing from daily driving. London is littered with speed bumps and narrow streets which make them hard to navigate and that's where I worry. Also, there are some multi-storey carparks which are very steep between floors. There is a local one near me which I regular see cars crunching when going up or down.
Black M2 - DCT - black grills - MPE - and a slight wince when I get home late or start early.

Return to “F87 M2”