Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

Jukeboxhero

Re: Where can i get the best discount?E

Post by Jukeboxhero » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:02 pm

sootyvrs wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:22 pm
Jukeboxhero wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:14 pm
Could someone if willing too. PM me with how much I should be looking at paying for a new/Pre reg this would be great.

Do you have a part exchange?

If yes, It's the cost to change amount that will be the factor to determine if you get a good deal... If dealer A is offering an M2 for £2k less than dealer B but has offered £3k less for your p/x then dealer B is the better deal :D

The only way to know this figure is to find out what each dealer is offering for your car and the cost difference to change..

If there is no part exchange, then it's a little simpler.. I would be looking for around 15+% discount personally... Finance also to be negotiated but 3.9% APR is doable if car is less than 100 miles and also less than 4 weeks (I think) after registration.. Some dealers may not be able to do the 3.9% but may offer other incentives to get your business if you negotiate hard
Thanks that gives me a few ideas.

There is a car to part ex. I thought it would be easier to start with bottom price for M2 and work up to part ex price.

Iv seen a few cars around the 43k mark so 15% as a pre reg. So I assume this price can and will get lower. depending on multiple factors.

mouse140i
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by mouse140i » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:17 am

I'm not sure about the negotiation bit. It certainly isn't a hard negotiation. I think it is, if anything at all, the opposite - it's very short and easy. What do we have to negotiate with?

All we as a buyer have really is the ability to choose who we buy from. The only thing we have to offer is our business and money. Whether the dealer wants it comes down to them, not us.

My approach is simple. Research a price I am prepared to pay and say I'd like to purchase X. I never say much I am prepared to pay (that is my only card) but I do say that if they hit my magic number I'll sign the paperwork there and then. All I want from them are the bare basics and for their number to be at or lower than my number.

How quickly they get to that number is down to them. Either they know they can't in which case no-one's time is wasted or they can get to it and I'll just wait for them to call me back with it.

Jukeboxhero

Post by Jukeboxhero » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:15 pm

mouse140i wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:17 am
I'm not sure about the negotiation bit. It certainly isn't a hard negotiation. I think it is, if anything at all, the opposite - it's very short and easy. What do we have to negotiate with?

All we as a buyer have really is the ability to choose who we buy from. The only thing we have to offer is our business and money. Whether the dealer wants it comes down to them, not us.

My approach is simple. Research a price I am prepared to pay and say I'd like to purchase X. I never say much I am prepared to pay (that is my only card) but I do say that if they hit my magic number I'll sign the paperwork there and then. All I want from them are the bare basics and for their number to be at or lower than my number.

How quickly they get to that number is down to them. Either they know they can't in which case no-one's time is wasted or they can get to it and I'll just wait for them to call me back with it.
Thanks thats really good advise.

Just need to come up with that magic number now. Seams quite a lot of pre reg stock at 43k So I guess under that amount for pre reg and around that for a unreg car.

Looking at this thread from 40k to 42k is a good deal with the cheaper APR and getting a good GFV

All seam to be the same spec of factory options and no dealer fit options.

So guess its up to the dealers now who wants to play ball
Last edited by Jukeboxhero on Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sootyvrs
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by sootyvrs » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:22 pm

mouse140i wrote:

Short of what you have written is called negotiation :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My BabyBMW's with some Pork inbetween :D
2018 F87 BMW M2 DCT
2017 F21 BMW M140i Auto
2015 F56 Mini Cooper S Man
2013 F20 BMW M135i Auto
2010 R56 Mini Cooper D Man
2007 E87 BMW 130i Man

mouse140i
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by mouse140i » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:04 pm

sootyvrs wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:22 pm
mouse140i wrote:

Short of what you have written is called negotiation :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I guess in a way, yes :D

But there is no discussion. No "I'll do this if you can do that". No repeatedly asking for a better or lower price. None of the sales guy going back to the man with the calculator and spreadsheet in the office only to present you with a number you're not interested in. No haggling. No asking for some floor mats or an oil top up as a sweetener.

In my book the process I go through isn't a negotiation. I merely politely state I will happily buy X at Y price. If they don't give me Y straight away then I walk away leaving my number for them to call back if/when they offer me Y.

It certainly isn't any of this "hard" negotiation I read about. That is just wasting everyone's time.

There is so much information out there these days that most punters with a bit of common sense and some basics maths can work out how much a given car can or will be sold for. Think Carwow, DTD, Coast2Coast etc plus tools like pcpcal.co.uk make it dead easy to get to a realistic number. Add on WeBuyAnyCar, Evans Halshaw etc and you can easily workout what your trade in is worth.

sootyvrs

Post by sootyvrs » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:44 pm

mouse140i wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:04 pm
It certainly isn't any of this "hard" negotiation I read about. That is just wasting everyone's time.
My understanding of hard negotiation is standing your ground to buy at a price of only what you're prepared to pay.. so the same as what you mentioned ;) :D
2018 F87 BMW M2 DCT
2017 F21 BMW M140i Auto
2013 F20 BMW M135i Auto
2007 E87 BMW 130i Man

mouse140i
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by mouse140i » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:52 pm

Standing your ground isn't negotiating.

sootyvrs

Post by sootyvrs » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:18 pm

mouse140i wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:52 pm
Standing your ground isn't negotiating.
I stood my ground and ended up negotiating a better deal than I was already prepared to pay :lol:
2018 F87 BMW M2 DCT
2017 F21 BMW M140i Auto
2013 F20 BMW M135i Auto
2007 E87 BMW 130i Man

wenklaw
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by wenklaw » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:34 am

Jukeboxhero wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:15 pm

Looking at this thread from 40k to 42k is a good deal with the cheaper APR and getting a good GFV

40k - 41k for an M2 DCT? I thought generally 43k-46k, depending on options.

This is the issue I have with people not actually posting the OTR price of the car it causes confusion.

sootyvrs

Post by sootyvrs » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:37 am

wenklaw wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:34 am
Jukeboxhero wrote:

This is the issue I have with people not actually posting the OTR price of the car it causes confusion.
As of today, the cheapest of the good spec pre-reg delivery mileage DCT cars is £42.5k which you need to add £450 road tax so lets say £43k OTR

What you may find with the cheaper advertised dealers is that they will offer less for your p/x to offset the discount so the ones that may benefit are buyers without p/x... The dealers who are offering the same spec car for more obviously have bigger margins so more likely to offer more for your p/x so you may end up with the same "NET" deal for cost to change...

I wouldn't get too caught up with invoice OTR price unless you don't have a p/x personally...

For what it's worth my local dealer has one of these good spec DCT cars and cost to change was £5k more compared to my best quotes so it pays to shop around regardless of the advertised price :)

Finance is the other part of the negotiation as this can vary from 3.9-10.8% APR and obviously it's to be negotiated but you may find that the higher APR offered the more margin they have to either give you more for your car or discount the advertised price of the car... So a lot of factors to determine if your deal is better than someone elses..
2018 F87 BMW M2 DCT
2017 F21 BMW M140i Auto
2013 F20 BMW M135i Auto
2007 E87 BMW 130i Man

duckson
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by duckson » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:53 am

4500 down and 375 a month on a 3yr pcp any good? 18 plate.
Would be handing back.
Current - M2 LCI
Gone - M135i LCI

wenklaw
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by wenklaw » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:01 am

sootyvrs wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:37 am
wenklaw wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:34 am
Jukeboxhero wrote:

As of today, the cheapest of the good spec pre-reg delivery mileage DCT cars is £42.5k which you need to add £450 road tax so lets say £43k OTR

What you may find with the cheaper advertised dealers is that they will offer less for your p/x to offset the discount so the ones that may benefit are buyers without p/x... The dealers who are offering the same spec car for more obviously have bigger margins so more likely to offer more for your p/x so you may end up with the same "NET" deal for cost to change...

I wouldn't get too caught up with invoice OTR price unless you don't have a p/x personally...

For what it's worth my local dealer has one of these good spec DCT cars and cost to change was £5k more compared to my best quotes so it pays to shop around regardless of the advertised price :)

Finance is the other part of the negotiation as this can vary from 3.9-10.8% APR and obviously it's to be negotiated but you may find that the higher APR offered the more margin they have to either give you more for your car or discount the advertised price of the car... So a lot of factors to determine if your deal is better than someone elses..
Totally agree.
I am never fooled by low p/x and low OTR's or high p/x and high OTR's as its clear as day if a dealer offers you £2k under for your p/x what another dealer did but offered you an M2 for £1k cheaper, its just the difference between the two. If taking finance obviously APR is a massive factor as well.

Out of interest who has the decent spec M2 DCT pre reg cars for £43k at the moment as I have a mate that is probably interested at that price.

wenklaw
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by wenklaw » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:47 am

duckson wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:53 am
Would be handing back.
So that is £6k a year basically £500 a month, dependant on spec seems a good deal to me.

the below someone else posted is a 4 year PCP costing £6215 a year. OTR it was £44k but did include the below.

Pre reg M2
DCT
3 year gap ins
3 year service plan
4 year PCP
9k miles
£763 deposit
£502 a month
Total goods and services £44k
APR 3.9%
GFV £25k

White, HK, reverse camera, heated seats, sun protection,

duckson
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by duckson » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:56 pm

duckson wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:53 am
Would be handing back.
Scrap that, stupid Auto trader let me put 6k pa but minimum is 8k for bmw.

Still 3yr pcp, £4750 deposit, £399 a month, 3.9%, gfv £29462. Would be handing back at 3yr old.

Spec - dct, white, hk,reverse cam, heated seats, electric seats, sun protection, folding mirrors. 18 plate but pre reg, guard-x ceramic inc for what it’s worth. Wouldn’t include ris.
Current - M2 LCI
Gone - M135i LCI

sootyvrs

Post by sootyvrs » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:08 pm

wenklaw wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:01 am
Totally agree.
I am never fooled by low p/x and low OTR's or high p/x and high OTR's as its clear as day if a dealer offers you £2k under for your p/x what another dealer did but offered you an M2 for £1k cheaper, its just the difference between the two. If taking finance obviously APR is a massive factor as well.

Out of interest who has the decent spec M2 DCT pre reg cars for £43k at the moment as I have a mate that is probably interested at that price.
If you do a search on BMW approved used site and sort by age of car (newest first) you will see all the pre-reg delivery mileage cars registered in Feb and some in Jan (which won't be eligible for new car 3.9% APR finance) and you will see some at £42.5k (less RFL).. I think they were in Ocean Plymouth but there are others doing it for a little more... I would be quick as they are getting snapped up pretty quickly (especially if you are colour specific)

Picked up my new M2 today... Loving it so far :D

A couple of things I have noticed compared to the M140i is the ride is considerably more firmer and fidgety (M140 passive already is pretty firm) and I must confess that I was feeling a little fatigued on my 100 mile trip home (no problems there in the M140).. I don't think that will cause a problem bu just an observation.. MPG on route home was 29 mpg (taking it easy as running in) compared to 35 mpg going there in the M140 (which I was driving harder :lol: )

The positives is that it's much more of an event driving the M2.. The DCT is much more agressive compared to the Auto ZF and the blips on the downshifts have a more positive purpose compared to the softer reactions of the Auto... There is no doubt about it that the M-lite is an easier car to live with (from my short experience with the M2 so far)..

The handling in on the M2 is in a different hemisphere to the M-lite and I can sense that as soon as I found some twisties where the turn in is so much more precise and I feel (subjectively) connected to the road where both the M-lites are very poor in the feedback dept.. I always feel I'm not sure when it's going to bite me and doesn't inspire confidence.. I can see where the money has gone into the chassis.. and then there's the look and presence of the car... Love it :shock:

I'm not expecting it to be any faster in a straight line but will comment more post run in.. The trip to the dealer really made me think how good the B58 is... the power/torque is just so impressive in the M-lite (respect!)
2018 F87 BMW M2 DCT
2017 F21 BMW M140i Auto
2013 F20 BMW M135i Auto
2007 E87 BMW 130i Man

Return to “F87 M2”