Detailed M2

Get your M2 fix here

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

MartyB
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Detailed M2

Post by MartyB » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:03 pm

Just had my M2 back from Barry at Auto Detox in Cannock (Near to B’ham) and I think the results are pretty epic!

The car has been treated to Gyeon MOHS+ on the bodywork, Gyeon Rim on the wheels arches and exhaust and Nanolex on the glass. The results are pretty impressive.

If anyone needs a detailer in the Staffordshire / West Midlands area I would definitely recommend speaking to Barry. His work is incredible.

On another note does anyone else think the M2 looks so much better without front plates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Detailed M2

Post by 5678 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:20 pm

Could be my car! Looks great.

Did you get the Gyeon maintenance products?
'18 F87 M2 LCI
'15 X5 30d
'04 Clio 182

MartyB
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by MartyB » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:40 pm

5678 wrote:Could be my car! Looks great.

Did you get the Gyeon maintenance products?
Thanks mate!

I got the warranty card and a small bottle of cure (I think?) I’m just ordering some Bathe+ and wet coat along with a load of other gear from Polished Bliss!!

Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by 5678 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:26 pm

Cure is good as a qd. Wetcoat is great!
'18 F87 M2 LCI
'15 X5 30d
'04 Clio 182

MartyB
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by MartyB » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:48 pm

5678 wrote:Cure is good as a qd. Wetcoat is great!
Yeah I’ve had my instructions! Looking forward to using it all now!

YaoNg
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by YaoNg » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:47 pm

MartyB wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:03 pm
Just had my M2 back from Barry at Auto Detox in Cannock (Near to B’ham) and I think the results are pretty epic!

The car has been treated to Gyeon MOHS+ on the bodywork, Gyeon Rim on the wheels arches and exhaust and Nanolex on the glass. The results are pretty impressive.

If anyone needs a detailer in the Staffordshire / West Midlands area I would definitely recommend speaking to Barry. His work is incredible.

On another note does anyone else think the M2 looks so much better without front plates?

Looks good.

I've been thinking of swinging by Auto Detox for when I need a maintenance wash when in Birmingham. He seems to have a good reputation. Is this the first time you've used him?

I think a lot of cars look good without front plates, but the alternatives are so bad that I never entertain them.
Black M2 - DCT - black grills - MPE - and a slight wince when I get home late or start early.

TerryCTR
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by TerryCTR » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:38 pm

Very nice indeed, I’m considering a proper detail for mines with a GTeniq coating but so far the Lifeshine is doing its job which I didn’t expect to see. It does spend most of its time in the garage mind you
M2 Lci

MartyB
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by MartyB » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:41 pm

YaoNg wrote:
MartyB wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:03 pm

Looks good.

I've been thinking of swinging by Auto Detox for when I need a maintenance wash when in Birmingham. He seems to have a good reputation. Is this the first time you've used him?

I think a lot of cars look good without front plates, but the alternatives are so bad that I never entertain them.

Yeah it’s the first time I’ve used him. A couple of guys in here recommended him and I’m certainly not disappointed! Did a great job.

MartyB
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by MartyB » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:43 pm

TerryCTR wrote:Very nice indeed, I’m considering a proper detail for mines with a GTeniq coating but so far the Lifeshine is doing its job which I didn’t expect to see. It does spend most of its time in the garage mind you
Thanks mate. I’m interested to see the life of the MOHS that I’ve had applied. Hopefully it’ll be good as it’s supposed to last up to five years!!! (That’s much longer than I’ll keep the car!)

TerryCTR
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by TerryCTR » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:44 pm

How long does it last on the wheels?
M2 Lci

YaoNg
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by YaoNg » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:40 pm

MartyB wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:43 pm
TerryCTR wrote:Very nice indeed, I’m considering a proper detail for mines with a GTeniq coating but so far the Lifeshine is doing its job which I didn’t expect to see. It does spend most of its time in the garage mind you
Thanks mate. I’m interested to see the life of the MOHS that I’ve had applied. Hopefully it’ll be good as it’s supposed to last up to five years!!! (That’s much longer than I’ll keep the car!)
TerryCTR wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:44 pm
How long does it last on the wheels?
Wheels tend to be harder worn so coatings tend to need topping up more frequently. As for the coating on the car itself that depends on weather and how you look after it. Washing will be easier to obtain that great look again and even with dirt it should look good from a distance but if you go to those hand wash places or machine wash then that coating will disappear. If you're willing to get a jet wash, use a foam spray, and proper wash mitts (one hour in total once you're used to it) then the coating lasts for a long time. I've never believed it'll last 5 years unless you garage it and hardly take it out, but it'll certainly last a year or two - my tuppence worth.
Black M2 - DCT - black grills - MPE - and a slight wince when I get home late or start early.

moulin12
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by moulin12 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:58 pm

Barry did my MG m240i that, spookily, I'd booked in for a new car detail on the very day that he had completed the same on another MG m240i (also on this forum). Would definitely look to go back were I to ever purchase a new car again.

Even before visiting Barry, Gyeon Cure (which is I understand is very similar, if not the same as CarPro Reload) had become a detailing staple, and remains so. In fact I've just bought a couple of 1L bottles from PB as part of 3 for 2 offer on Gyeon products. (Gyeon are bringing out a whole new range). Cure goes on / buffs up easily, and gives a glassy shine. It's not that durable though, and I prefer to reapply at least once a month.

Much prefer Cure over Wetcoat - the latter is quicker (not necessarily easier) to apply and much more durable, but less glossy. Gyeon rate Cure as having 4/5 gloss, 3/5 beading and 1/5 durability - equivalent figures for Wetcoat are 3/5, 4/5 and 3/5 respectively. From personal experience I think there's more than a one star difference in gloss finish between the products, though the beading and durability comparisons look about right

Eye-popping car btw, stonking!
F22 M240i 8AT

MartyB
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by MartyB » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:41 pm

moulin12 wrote:Barry did my MG m240i that, spookily, I'd booked in for a new car detail on the very day that he had completed the same on another MG m240i (also on this forum). Would definitely look to go back were I to ever purchase a new car again.

Even before visiting Barry, Gyeon Cure (which is I understand is very similar, if not the same as CarPro Reload) had become a detailing staple, and remains so. In fact I've just bought a couple of 1L bottles from PB as part of 3 for 2 offer on Gyeon products. (Gyeon are bringing out a whole new range). Cure goes on / buffs up easily, and gives a glassy shine. It's not that durable though, and I prefer to reapply at least once a month.

Much prefer Cure over Wetcoat - the latter is quicker (not necessarily easier) to apply and much more durable, but less glossy. Gyeon rate Cure as having 4/5 gloss, 3/5 beading and 1/5 durability - equivalent figures for Wetcoat are 3/5, 4/5 and 3/5 respectively. From personal experience I think there's more than a one star difference in gloss finish between the products, though the beading and durability comparisons look about right

Eye-popping car btw, stonking!

Thanks mate.

I’m just ordering up a load of Gyeon stuff so will have a look a the PB deals.

Return to “F87 M2”