Joining the fold!

Get your M2 fix here

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

flyboy777
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:26 pm

Joining the fold!

Post by flyboy777 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:45 pm

Well thanks all for the postings in my practicality thread.
I ordered a pre reg LCI M2 today. Registered 22 Dec 2017.
They are literally flying off the dealers forecourts. There were 6 similar ones in this dealer group to choose from yesterday but I was away with work. Today there were just 2 left, luckily the one I preferred was still available.

Delivery mileage in MG with DCT.
Nicely specced for 7k less OTR than a new one & will have it in a week.
Can’t wait!
Got them to throw in roof bars for my bike, a paint touch up kit & an oil top up kit.

Need to look out for some 640M wheels for winters now.

Thx for all the really helpful advice guys.
2017 M2.
2015 F31 320D.
2007 123D. P-Torque remap.

mctga
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:55 pm

Re: Joining the fold!

Post by mctga » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:02 pm

Congrats! I’ve also put a deposit on one today but a used one. They’ve been shifting quick and there’s a lack of manuals about too making it even harder to find the right one! Think we’ve both got a sleepless week coming up!
Estoril Blue F20 M135i, Manual, Pro Nav, Visibility Pack, Adv Speakers, MPE.

tommylee
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 9:17 am
Location: Cambridge

Re: Joining the fold!

Post by tommylee » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:37 pm

Congrats. Sounds like you got a great deal.
M2

CaptFish
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:27 pm

Re: Joining the fold!

Post by CaptFish » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:47 pm

Enjoy!!! The car is insane. Once you get it you'd desperately wait for warmer and dryer roads... Too cold and wet to really let it loose.

User avatar
sawda
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 527
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Joining the fold!

Post by sawda » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:29 pm

Its a great car but in the wet it is slippery but honestly its even more fun that way, congrats and enjoy

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk


TerryCTR
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:18 am

Re: Joining the fold!

Post by TerryCTR » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:05 pm

Congrats on finding one that fits the bill!
M2 Lci

User avatar
HN1989x
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 348
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 3:24 pm
Location: London

Re: Joining the fold!

Post by HN1989x » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:16 am

Congrats!!

I couldn’t find a single one in the UK that ticked all of the boxes for me.. there were two cars that had almost everything except for the LED lights BUT... They wanted £50k+ for it. I ended up buying brand new for less than that and I got the LED lights too!

flyboy777
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:26 pm

Re: Joining the fold!

Post by flyboy777 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:30 am

Thx all.
Only thing missing from my ideal spec was speed limit display which wasn’t a deal breaker.
Need this week to pass v quickly now.
Was offered new with a March delivery with a 1K discount but saving 7K on what is a brand new but registered car was a no brainer.
2017 M2.
2015 F31 320D.
2007 123D. P-Torque remap.

CaptFish
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:27 pm

Re: Joining the fold!

Post by CaptFish » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:53 pm

... Just to keep in mind re pre registered car is that most insurances won't provide new replacement cover, so you might want to consider gap insurance when you get it.

Kev1387
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: Joining the fold!

Post by Kev1387 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:21 pm

flyboy777 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:45 pm
Well thanks all for the postings in my practicality thread.
I ordered a pre reg LCI M2 today. Registered 22 Dec 2017.
They are literally flying off the dealers forecourts. There were 6 similar ones in this dealer group to choose from yesterday but I was away with work. Today there were just 2 left, luckily the one I preferred was still available.

Delivery mileage in MG with DCT.
Nicely specced for 7k less OTR than a new one & will have it in a week.
Can’t wait!
Got them to throw in roof bars for my bike, a paint touch up kit & an oil top up kit.

Need to look out for some 640M wheels for winters now.

Thx for all the really helpful advice guys.
Which dealer was this from mate?

flyboy777
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:26 pm

Re: Joining the fold!

Post by flyboy777 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:34 pm

Hi Kev. The pre reg is from Marshalls in Hook. It’s elsewhere in group and being shipped down. They never appeared on the BMW Approved used site. It was all through the salesman searching group stock as they seem to be selling before they get them listed!
2017 M2.
2015 F31 320D.
2007 123D. P-Torque remap.

Moycie
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:50 am

Re: Joining the fold!

Post by Moycie » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:11 pm

Congratulations! I collected mine in December. It's great fun to drive, you will not be disappointed.

User avatar
Deadeye
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2411
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Joining the fold!

Post by Deadeye » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:28 am

CaptFish wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:53 pm
... Just to keep in mind re pre registered car is that most insurances won't provide new replacement cover, so you might want to consider gap insurance when you get it.
That is a very good point!
F20 M135i - most toys
F80 M3 - even more toys - gone!
F87 M2 - most toys

Tell others about your car buying experience by writing a car dealer review at http://www.carbuyingadvisor.co.uk

Blind Pugh
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 7693
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:36 am

Re: Joining the fold!

Post by Blind Pugh » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:43 am

flyboy777 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:45 pm
Need to look out for some 640M wheels for winters now.
I have the OEM winter set [640m c/w 235/40/18 Mich PA4's] in orbit grey on my AW m2.

Skinnier tyres are a hoot but the couple of times driven in the snow and ice - glad I had these as opposed to MPSS !!
Attachments
m2winters.JPEG
m2winters.JPEG (98.52 KiB) Viewed 163 times
IMG_1279.JPG
IMG_1279.JPG (93.4 KiB) Viewed 163 times

flyboy777
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:26 pm

Re: Joining the fold!

Post by flyboy777 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:01 am

Blind Pugh wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:43 am
flyboy777 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:45 pm
Need to look out for some 640M wheels for winters now.
I have the OEM winter set [640m c/w 235/40/18 Mich PA4's] in orbit grey on my AW m2.

Skinnier tyres are a hoot but the couple of times driven in the snow and ice - glad I had these as opposed to MPSS !!


Thanks BP,

Car looks lovely.

I see the rim sizes for the 640M are 8.5 & 9.
I have found tyre sizes as 235/40/18 as a square setup. Which sounds like your setup.
Or F 235/40/18 & R 255/35/18 staggered.
I presume either setup is ok as I have found both sizes on the BMW site.
I’m inclined to go square as the narrower rears will cut through standing water & slush better & be less likely to aquaplane.
So if you go for a square setup do you buy 4 front rims or doesn’t it matter?
Tyre fitment guides imply 235 is ideal on a 8.5/18 but is the minimum & sub optimal on a 9.0/18.
Having said all that they are expensive at the moment so may soldier on for the remainder of this winter (collect car at the weekend) & see if any are going cheap in the spring/summer.
2017 M2.
2015 F31 320D.
2007 123D. P-Torque remap.

Post Reply

Return to “F87 M2”