Carbonio Number Plate Mount

Get your M2 fix here

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

DoZZa

Carbonio Number Plate Mount

Post by DoZZa » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:50 am

So I had my number plate stuck directly on the front bumper and it didn’t look that great, more of an afterthought. I didn’t want to drill any holes in the bumper to mount the plate.

I searched around a little bit and couldn’t find anything half decent in the UK until I came across this License Plate Mount from Carbonio in Canada. This mount is ideal as it secures to the grille in the lower part of the bumper, no holes! It will only fit ///M cars due to the design of the grille on ///M models. Placed my order and it arrived in three days from Canada to the UK!

https://www.carbonio.com/BMW_M2_M3_M4_F ... bmw-na.htm

Its well built and extremely simple to install, very secure fitment, this isn’t going to fall off.

After taking these pictures I installed it on the car in about 5 minutes.

Very happy with the results!

Before

After

Deadeye
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Carbonio Number Plate Mount

Post by Deadeye » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:55 am

Don't like it I'm afraid but fair play for being different.

I didn't want any holes either but the dealer ignored my request and screwed the fecking plate on. I was considering having a sticker on the bonnet ala Jag E-Type.

I prefer the look of the standard plinth as it present the number plate vertical rather than leaning forward like yours.
F20 M135i - most toys
F80 M3 - even more toys - gone!
F87 M2 - most toys

Tell others about your car buying experience by writing a car dealer review at http://www.carbuyingadvisor.co.uk

CaptFish
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by CaptFish » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:42 am

I don't like it either I am afraid, overengineered and unnecessary. I think the standards licences plate mount on the bumper looks best.

jonnydrama
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by jonnydrama » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:50 am

I've seen someone using the US number plate mount with a short plate which looked good.

jonnydrama
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by jonnydrama » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:51 am

Deadeye wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:55 am
I didn't want any holes either but the dealer ignored my request and screwed the fecking plate on.
More fool us for thinking the dealers would be competent enough to deal with a simple request...

Deadeye

Post by Deadeye » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:17 am

jonnydrama wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:51 am
Deadeye wrote:
I didn't want any holes either but the dealer ignored my request and screwed the fecking plate on.
More fool us for thinking the dealers would be competent enough to deal with a simple request...
He's a nice chap but when he said "bring it back and we'll get the paint shop to fill the holes in" he nearly got a poke in the ear!
F20 M135i - most toys
F87 M2 - most toys

Tell others about your car buying experience by writing a car dealer review at http://www.carbuyingadvisor.co.uk

DoZZa

Post by DoZZa » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:49 am

Deadeye wrote:

I didn't want any holes either but the dealer ignored my request and screwed the fecking plate on. I was considering having a sticker on the bonnet ala Jag E-Type.

I prefer the look of the standard plinth as it present the number plate vertical rather than leaning forward like yours.
The angle of the plate is completely adjustable, it can also be moved forwards and backwards. I have since changed the angle of the plate to be vertical.

My plate is a 5 digit plate which allows me to use a shorter plate, legally.

As you know, the plinth provided by the dealer is not suitable for a short 5 digit plate.

I much prefer this over the OEM plinth, especially for a short plate!

DoZZa

Post by DoZZa » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:54 am

CaptFish wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:42 am
I don't like it either I am afraid, overengineered and unnecessary. I think the standards licences plate mount on the bumper looks best.
I think your missing the point of this mount, of course, if I had a standard length plate then the OEM plinth would probably do. But with a shorter plate, the OEM plinth is not up to the job. Or if you want to be different as Deadeye mentioned, then this fits the bill.

You are right about one thing, it is over engineered, but thats a good thing!

Deadeye

Post by Deadeye » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:01 am

DoZZa wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:49 am
Deadeye wrote:

The angle of the plate is completely adjustable, it can also be moved forwards and backwards. I have since changed the angle of the plate to be vertical.

My plate is a 5 digit plate which allows me to use a shorter plate, legally.

As you know, the plinth provided by the dealer is not suitable for a short 5 digit plate.

I much prefer this over the OEM plinth, especially for a short plate!
Are the last two digits "15" by any chance!? :lol:
F20 M135i - most toys
F87 M2 - most toys

jonnydrama
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by jonnydrama » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:10 am

Deadeye wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:17 am
jonnydrama wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:51 am
Deadeye wrote:
He's a nice chap but when he said "bring it back and we'll get the paint shop to fill the holes in" he nearly got a poke in the ear!
Haha, I had to get mine done anyway as the wife scratched it near the grilles, perfect match as only a small part of the bumper actually gets new paint. Then the week after I beheaded a pheasant, luckily no damage. Hoping that's the end of my bad luck!

CaptFish
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by CaptFish » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:48 pm

DoZZa wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:54 am
CaptFish wrote:
I think your missing the point of this mount, of course, if I had a standard length plate then the OEM plinth would probably do. But with a shorter plate, the OEM plinth is not up to the job. Or if you want to be different as Deadeye mentioned, then this fits the bill.

I had not noticed the shorter plate. Agree that this would look funny with the standard mount. You'll have to up power to offset the weight gain though ;)

DoZZa

Post by DoZZa » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:22 pm

Deadeye wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:01 am
Are the last two digits "15" by any chance!? :lol:
No, sorry to disappoint!

DoZZa

Post by DoZZa » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:24 pm

CaptFish wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:48 pm
DoZZa wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:54 am
CaptFish wrote:

I had not noticed the shorter plate. Agree that this would look funny with the standard mount. You'll have to up power to offset the weight gain though ;)
Already added a few more horses, but next phase is to fit the decat, charge pipes and bigger intercooler next month. Should more than make up for the added weight of the plate mount!

cadmunkey
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by cadmunkey » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:53 pm

Im liking it. My plate is currently small format like yours and stuck directly on, dealer actually listened and didnt drill it. But my plate didnt really like the curvature so it might move after a few months. Your bracket is a pretty good solution as the standard drilled plinth is naff.

Return to “F87 M2”