Baby BMW Forum banner

Quick hello

1K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Naf 
#1 ·
Evening all,

I recently left the Audi brand after 15 years and found myself in a reverse mid-life crisis buying a 420D GC thinking I was being sensible. Well after 8 long boring months of driving that I'll be collecting the following hopefully next week as my stealer says its in the UK.

M2 in Mineral Grey
DCT
Reverse camera
Sun protection glass
Ext folding mirrors
Heated seats
M Seat belts
Icon LED
High Beam
Harmon Kardon

Can't wait to drive something with a bit more oomph again.

Naf

#8 ·
as7920 said:
Naf said:
Picked up the M2 this afternoon. 1200 miles of steady driving ahead. :eek2:
Stay below 5.5k RPM, under 106MPH and no WOT. Nowhere does it say steady driving! ;)

Just vary the revs.

Had a great blast yesterday, now on 650 miles.
Thanks for the tips. A trip to Manchester will add a few miles tomorrow. May take the back roads for a 7am blast.

#9 ·
Naf said:
as7920 said:
Naf said:
Picked up the M2 this afternoon. 1200 miles of steady driving ahead. :eek2:
Stay below 5.5k RPM, under 106MPH and no WOT. Nowhere does it say steady driving! ;)

Just vary the revs.

Thanks for the tips. A trip to Manchester will add a few miles tomorrow. May take the back roads for a 7am blast.
I avoided kick down and used the paddles to help keep the revs below the limit. Used Sport setting mostly but avoided Sport+.

I even tried the Traction control button Easter egg for the exhaust. Awesome!

#10 ·
as7920 said:
Naf said:
as7920 said:

Just vary the revs.

I avoided kick down and used the paddles to help keep the revs below the limit. Used Sport setting mostly but avoided Sport+.

Why would anyone drive in anything other than Sport as a minimum. The trip to Manchester this morning was a bit busy so hopefully the trip back to Yorkshire this afternoon is clearer.

#11 ·
Naf said:
as7920 said:
Naf said:

Why would anyone drive in anything other than Sport as a minimum. The trip to Manchester this morning was a bit busy so hopefully the trip back to Yorkshire this afternoon is clearer.
I like the fact you can just pootle along in Comfort on the M25, stuck in traffic and chill. Then flick a switch and the car is completely different character. My one wish would be it had the Adaptive M Suspension or Dampers option like the Mx35i / Mx40i / M3 /M4.

#13 ·
Naf said:
as7920 said:
Naf said:

'Cos it's noisy and uses more fuel on boring motorway runs.

#14 ·
as7920 said:
Naf said:
as7920 said:

I like the fact you can just pootle along in Comfort on the M25, stuck in traffic and chill. Then flick a switch and the car is completely different character. My one wish would be it had the Adaptive M Suspension or Dampers option like the Mx35i / Mx40i / M3 /M4.
Good Shout. I haven't done enough miles in it yet to appreciate the comfort setting :lol2:

#15 ·
HN1989x said:
Hello and welcome :)

Congrats on the car!

Was it a brand new car? Did you not want to wait until the 2018 plates were released?
Thanks. Yeah it was brand new but I have my private plate so not overly bothered about a 2018 plate. Feb is a quiet month for the dealers so I think I got a better deal than waiting for a couple of weeks.

#16 ·
Deadeye said:
Naf said:
as7920 said:

'Cos it's noisy and uses more fuel on boring motorway runs.
Yeah and I'm learning just how small the fuel tank is :eek2:

#17 ·
Naf said:
Thanks. Yeah it was brand new but I have my private plate so not overly bothered about a 2018 plate. Feb is a quiet month for the dealers so I think I got a better deal than waiting for a couple of weeks.
Ah fair enough! As long as you got a good deal! :thumbs:

Lucky you, you are already driving around in your shiny new car. I have to wait until next Wednesday until I can pick mine up! Collecting at midnight on the 28th :D

#18 ·
HN1989x said:
Naf said:
Ah fair enough! As long as you got a good deal! :thumbs:

Lucky you, you are already driving around in your shiny new car. I have to wait until next Wednesday until I can pick mine up! Collecting at midnight on the 28th :D
Ooooh painful. Well it's defo worth the wait.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.