Warped discs

Get your M2 fix here

Moderators: marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin, Rich196

siwel_nerrad
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Warped discs

Post by siwel_nerrad » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:29 pm

Anyone had any problems with warped discs? I've had my M2 since Nov 2016 and had the front discs replaced under warranty because they were warped about 5 months ago. It seems they are warped again for some reason as are my rears. It's booked in for a proper inspection in a few weeks. I don't track the car or drive it hard very often. It's my daily so just mostly drives through town to work and back. Never had the this problem with my M135 and I drive it the same.

swanny71
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Warped discs

Post by swanny71 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:54 pm

Most likely just pad deposits on the discs, BMW service departments will be too lazy or lacking in any proper skills/experience advise on probable causes or to diagnose any actual fault properly and just replace the discs again.
Google 'pad deposits' for possible causes and cures.
Current: 130i & 1M
Previous: Exige V6, TVR's, e90 M3, 156 GTA, 182 Trophy, 306 GTi-6 + others (some crap, some not so crap)

azibux1

Post by azibux1 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:44 pm

This is what I was going to say as I've recently found out it is actually apparently VERY hard to warp the discs - it is often just pad deposits on them given them a warped feeling when braking under load

2002sportevo

Post by 2002sportevo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:15 am

siwel_nerrad wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:29 pm
Anyone had any problems with warped discs? I've had my M2 since Nov 2016 and had the front discs replaced under warranty because they were warped about 5 months ago. It seems they are warped again for some reason as are my rears. It's booked in for a proper inspection in a few weeks. I don't track the car or drive it hard very often. It's my daily so just mostly drives through town to work and back. Never had the this problem with my M135 and I drive it the same.
Take it onto a quite section of road and do a few hard stops in succession (from high speed down to about 30mph) and then drive a distance without using the brakes to let them cool down and see if that helps......

Deadeye
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Deadeye » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:30 pm

Not only is it very hard to warp disks, you'd struggle to feel it if they were.

If you've been hammering your in Comfort or Sport, chances are the rear brakes have been working hard. You stop at traffic lights with your foot on the brake and you get the above pad deposits and/or a part of the disk that is a different temperature.
F20 M135i - most toys
F80 M3 - even more toys - gone!
F87 M2 - most toys

Tell others about your car buying experience by writing a car dealer review at http://www.carbuyingadvisor.co.uk

Return to “F87 M2”