BMW M2 Competition on BMW Aussie website!!

Get your M2 fix here

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, babybmwadmin, Lambster

Hoss
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

BMW M2 Competition on BMW Aussie website!!

Post by Hoss » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:39 am

Glad to see the colour red in the mix. I'll be interested to see the price out here in Oz. A 2018 LCI manual is from $112,000 drive away.

wenklaw
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: BMW M2 Competition on BMW Aussie website!!

Post by wenklaw » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:05 am

Is this actually an official press release from BMW? Looking at it and following the links it would appear not. Also looking at the pictures in finer detail looks to me like they are photoshop jobbies.

Another load of twaddle perhaps??????

moulin12
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by moulin12 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:13 am

wenklaw wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:05 am
Is this actually an official press release from BMW? Looking at it and following the links it would appear not. Also looking at the pictures in finer detail looks to me like they are photoshop jobbies.

Mmm, you're right, can't find it by going through the au.site. Very elabrate if a hoax.
F22 M240i 8AT

wenklaw
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by wenklaw » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:26 am

moulin12 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:13 am
wenklaw wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:05 am

Mmm, you're right, can't find it by going through the au.site. Very elabrate if a hoax.
Not a hoax as such but the motoring press just drumming up interest by putting out what may or they think will happen. Reading the wording as well it appears in parts to be a bit jumbled up, not something that a BMW press release would look like IMO.

Paul 140
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Paul 140 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:28 pm

Alpine White M140i Manual

Blind Pugh
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Blind Pugh » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:39 pm

Thoughts from a pre LCI m2 owner

- Jury is still out on the m2c visage.

- more focussed - I doubt an m2c will come close to existing m2 with coilovers (mp coils or non oem options)

- more grunt, n55 sounds better than s55 and obd tuning options are plentiful and capable of getting m2 to circa 450bhp on stock turbo and fuelling safely. Going north of 440-450bhp is likely to wreck f87’s “Scruff of the neck” useability.
Fettled M135i EB AT - gone but not forgotten !
AW M2 DCT

mrf22uk
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by mrf22uk » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:41 pm

M modes, m seats, m mirrors and a front end which takes styling cues from the new M8 concept and an S55 block that could be tuned to 500hp+ take my god damn money now!

Anyone wanna buy an M240i next year off me? 1 careful lady owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wenklaw
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by wenklaw » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:22 am

More power may be the King for some but I have changed my thinking since owning the M135i. Rather than more power I now look at cars that provide greater confidence (with more power!!). Last 3 cars, Focus ST mk3 always felt it could do with more power so I left the ST brand and got an M135i, the M135i had the power but I then started to notice what it lacked was focus and feeling (still loved that car), roll on the M2 which for me has hit the nail on the head although slightly off centre as its not perfect.

I am not so sure that an M2 with more power will necessarily be a far better car than the existing M2, add the extra cost and many including me would probably look elsewhere, £55k plus puts you in a Cayman S, driven one and they are marvellous, critics who bang on about the engine note need to get over it as they still sound decent enough.

I also think that BMW are changing it cosmetically, M wing mirrors, bucket seats, new kidneys to justify what I imagine to be a fair price hike when comparing real world M2 prices now to the potential RRP of the M2C. All the changes are easy and cheap for BMW to implement, existing bits from what I read, nice I agree but they aren't making the car any better dynamically.

FishFingers
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by FishFingers » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:29 pm

Agree with the above.....

Personally, I never think I wish my car had more power.
I don't track mine, and its difficult enough getting the current power down on typical UK roads.

I may still end up with a new M2C when the time comes to change.
But it won't be because its got more power.
It will just be that it is the most suitable car out there for me at the time, and at the price point.
Just like the current M2 was when I bought it in 2016.....and still is now.

Shandy
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Shandy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:33 pm

wenklaw wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:22 am
More power may be the King for some but I have changed my thinking since owning the M135i. Rather than more power I now look at cars that provide greater confidence (with more power!!). Last 3 cars, Focus ST mk3 always felt it could do with more power so I left the ST brand and got an M135i, the M135i had the power but I then started to notice what it lacked was focus and feeling (still loved that car), roll on the M2 which for me has hit the nail on the head although slightly off centre as its not perfect.

I am not so sure that an M2 with more power will necessarily be a far better car than the existing M2, add the extra cost and many including me would probably look elsewhere, £55k plus puts you in a Cayman S, driven one and they are marvellous, critics who bang on about the engine note need to get over it as they still sound decent enough.

I also think that BMW are changing it cosmetically, M wing mirrors, bucket seats, new kidneys to justify what I imagine to be a fair price hike when comparing real world M2 prices now to the potential RRP of the M2C. All the changes are easy and cheap for BMW to implement, existing bits from what I read, nice I agree but they aren't making the car any better dynamically.
I agree completely. I went 235-Civic Type R-M2. I have seen the TC light in 4th enough times this winter to be happy with the N55, there just aren't the roads around here to wring out 400bhp on a regular basis.

I'm sure it'll be a really desirable car and most importantly for BMW it'll definitely have the features and headline figures to justify another 18 months of "no discount" spoof from the dealers.

sburns

Post by sburns » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:40 am

Does anybody know if the optional m seats from the m4 which will be offered in the M2C will have the effect of lowering the seat? It’s one of my only criticisms of the car as I am 6ft 2 and have elec seats which are too high. Perhaps someone has already put m4 seats in an M2?

Return to “F87 M2”