M2 Competition in Evo

Get your M2 fix here

Moderators: marco_polo, Producethis, babybmwadmin, Lambster, Rich196

duckson
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: M2 Competition in Evo

Post by duckson » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:18 pm

410bhp? Thought i'd seen 400bhp mentioned....not that 10bhp makes much difference!
Current - M2 LCI
Gone - M135i LCI

BishUK
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by BishUK » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:29 pm

Just specced up an OTR DCT with pretty much the essential options, coming in at £56,250 (options/packs and prices are shown over at piston heads).
Pretty punchy actually. Going to keep my modded preLCI and keep my no1 spot at dealer for the CS. They've obviously left room for an end of line halo CS variant by ommiting coils, ceramics, carbon roof and power dome on the Comp. Plus Frank over at M has said the M models are now following a pattern of base, comp, cs & csl, and the M4 will be getting the first csl, so the current F87 platform will end up with cs - and then likely a csl for the M2 when next gen platform is ending. Largely all determined by sales figures still but I can't see the M2Comp struggling to sell, hopefully guaranteeing the cs green light.

napes5
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by napes5 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:41 pm

Wonder what the timeline for the M4 was from base to CS...
BMW M2 DCT

dino355
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by dino355 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:13 pm

BishUK wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:29 pm
Just specced up an OTR DCT with pretty much the essential options, coming in at £56,250 (options/packs and prices are shown over at piston heads).
Pretty punchy actually. Going to keep my modded preLCI and keep my no1 spot at dealer for the CS. They've obviously left room for an end of line halo CS variant by ommiting coils, ceramics, carbon roof and power dome on the Comp. Plus Frank over at M has said the M models are now following a pattern of base, comp, cs & csl, and the M4 will be getting the first csl, so the current F87 platform will end up with cs - and then likely a csl for the M2 when next gen platform is ending. Largely all determined by sales figures still but I can't see the M2Comp struggling to sell, hopefully guaranteeing the cs green light.
CSL / CS M2 not happening according to source in BMW. There WAS one in development with a cage in it (my source saw it) but it was canned and no reason given by the powers that be why.

As for the M4 CSL? I seriously doubt it. They've had the GTS and the CS.....nothing to suggest a car similar to both would happen.
M2 LCI

BishUK
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by BishUK » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:01 pm

I did not say an M2 CSL is happening, I said a CS will likely happen based on most recent rumours coming from within M/BMW close sources. An M2 CSL has been in development for almost 2 years, disguised at the Moto GP Safety Car, this project as you say, has been put on ice, although the CSL test car (not the GP car) has not yet been melted down, just shelved. Rumours are strong that M will be doing an even hotter, end of line F82, model year 20 (so out end 2019), which will likely premier the return of the CSL moniker. BMW will not steal any CSL thunder from that particualr M4 and release a CSL M2 in same year (marketing & financial suicide), but there's plenty of headroom left from the Comp announcement today to get to a CS model at end of current F87 production run - likely late 2019 we will see CS.

moulin12
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by moulin12 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:24 pm

strike4A wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:45 am
moulin12 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:29 am
Nothing more than curiosity, but do we know if they will be continuing to produce the current M2 - small price differential (before discounts) suggests not?
In the press release I posted it says at the end: "The BMW M2 Competition is available to order from mid-May with prices starting from £49,285. The BMW M2 will sold in solus and not alongside the original M2."
:thumbs:
F22 M240i 8AT

josheboss

Post by josheboss » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:18 pm

Pretty sure I just saw one in the flesh!

Car was dark orange, grill looked like the new one, it was only a fleeting glimpse, so I could be wrong!

I was in the middle of Farnham....

nickb
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by nickb » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:30 pm

josheboss wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:18 pm

Car was dark orange, grill looked like the new one, it was only a fleeting glimpse, so I could be wrong!

First deliveries are around September I believe so it’s unlikely unless they allowed a test car out in the wild? Possibly a sunset orange M240i I would imagine with black grills that may have tricked you?!
M240i - Auto - Melbourne Red :spotman:
M135i - Auto - AW & Black Leather GONE
M135i - Manual -AW & Red Coral leather GONE

josheboss

Post by josheboss » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:49 pm

It’s more probable....

It looked quite hench though! And the grill was certainly not normal 240 spec. I should know - I was in one!

Bizarre

CaptFish
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by CaptFish » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:22 pm

The new grill is mince, mind you it promises to get even worse when you look at the ix3 prototype: https://c.slashgear.com/wp-content/uplo ... 80x434.jpg

CaptFish
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by CaptFish » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:24 pm

as7920
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by as7920 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:32 pm

josheboss wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:18 pm

It's absolutely possible. Plenty of M2 Comp (worldwide markets) cars have already been built. BMW GB will get/have some of their own, including media, press and launch cars etc.

I saw a Melbourne Red M3 E92 Coupe on the road before the official launch.

Plus BMW GB HQ is now in Farnborough.

sootyvrs
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by sootyvrs » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:42 am

Just saw a video someone posted in FB group where the CEO of BMW M Division talks about the M2 Competition at the Beijing Motor show and he confirms in the video that the below are all options and are not standard (he did not mention about any regional market differences though) -

M Seats
M 6 piston brakes
M 788 Style wheels

Plus points options that are now standard which weren't previously are -
Front parking sensors
Icon lights (I assume adaptive?)

So the base price of circa £49.2k (if correct) will need to increased to get the benefits of the above items plus you will need to add the usual options that you will want e.g. DCT, Rear camera, HK, electric seats etc... The M2 Comp could end up in the £60k region easily as I can imagine that they won't come cheap! Early buyers will probably get no to little discount too :(

I suspect it's clever marketing to keep the base price down by ommiting most of the improvements that the Competition brings to the table but allowing those with deeper pockets to tick the boxes til your hearts content...

It will be interesting to see if the above optional extras will add any value to the MGFV on PCP otherwise the costs will have to be written off over the finance period (like most of the other previous cost options previously) which may make buying this car for most on finance very expensive.. I suspect we will have to wait and see
My BabyBMW's with some Pork inbetween :D
2018 F87 BMW M2 DCT
2017 F21 BMW M140i Auto
2015 F56 Mini Cooper S Man
2013 F20 BMW M135i Auto
2010 R56 Mini Cooper D Man
2007 E87 BMW 130i Man

Shandy
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Shandy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:30 pm

sootyvrs wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:42 am
Just saw a video someone posted in FB group where the CEO of BMW M Division talks about the M2 Competition at the Beijing Motor show and he confirms in the video that the below are all options and are not standard (he did not mention about any regional market differences though) -

M Seats
M 6 piston brakes
M 788 Style wheels

Plus points options that are now standard which weren't previously are -
Front parking sensors
Icon lights (I assume adaptive?)

So the base price of circa £49.2k (if correct) will need to increased to get the benefits of the above items plus you will need to add the usual options that you will want e.g. DCT, Rear camera, HK, electric seats etc... The M2 Comp could end up in the £60k region easily as I can imagine that they won't come cheap! Early buyers will probably get no to little discount too :(

I suspect it's clever marketing to keep the base price down by ommiting most of the improvements that the Competition brings to the table but allowing those with deeper pockets to tick the boxes til your hearts content...

It will be interesting to see if the above optional extras will add any value to the MGFV on PCP otherwise the costs will have to be written off over the finance period (like most of the other previous cost options previously) which may make buying this car for most on finance very expensive.. I suspect we will have to wait and see
I was lusting after a Cayman for a couple of years, they are drawing some inspiration from the way Porsche build up the cost of the car.

Blind Pugh

Post by Blind Pugh » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:01 pm

CaptFish wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:22 pm
The new grill is mince, mind you it promises to get even worse when you look at the ix3 prototype:
CaptFish wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:24 pm
And here Kia for comparison:

Yup - looks like certain ex- eastenders D-lister's knackered septum

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fettled M135i EB AT - gone but not forgotten !
AW M2 DCT

Return to “F87 M2”