Get your M2 fix here

Moderators: marco_polo, Producethis, babybmwadmin, Lambster, Rich196

Dan116i
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: BMW Shame on you!

Post by Dan116i » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:02 pm

This is the most pointless topic I’ve seen for a while :lol:
Now: 2006 130i with even more goodies ;)
Gone: 2008 116i with goodies :)

sawda
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by sawda » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:50 am

Dan116i wrote:This is the most pointless topic I’ve seen for a while Image
I'm inclined to agree..... it's almost like BMW are a business or something and trying to make money. PersonallybI think the N55 will be better. Cant stand the sound of the S55. Every car manufacturer will be the same. Look at the GT3 buyers who bought the 911.1 and now you got 4.0 911.2 and manual option. Any car manufacturer is going to what to keep their product life cycle going to maximise profits. Some of those profits will go back into r and d to make..... wait for it..... a "better" model. Find some satisfaction in what you own and dont need to keep jumping the "the next best thing". 20 months of M2 ownership here and couldn't care less what others drive or have, they will always be better, stronger, faster, cheaper, rarer be happy that you already got many dream car. Happy driving everyone.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

KenC
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by KenC » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:27 am

Of course BMW is a business and needs to maximise profits. However you do do maximise profits in the long term by pissing off customers so there needs to get a balance. The fact is that BMW pushed the M2 as a car that was hard to get hold off. This even led to premiums for early cars. There were apparently only 2/3 or 4 cars per dealer in the first year. Buyers had a reasonably expectation that this would be a car with better than average residuals.

Then additional cars became available. This was followed by numerous cars to the same spec arriving without buyers, pre registering and now almost 200 AUC cars with 120 being under 6 months old.

That is a massive turnaround even before you consider an LCI change and a new engine.

I have been so close to buying an M2 but feel I have dodged a bullet. I have had around 20 New BMWs/ Minis and currently feel that BMW has shafted it's customers with over supply and the resulting poor residuals. The chances of me buying another are reduced massively ad a result.

Wibbles

Post by Wibbles » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:16 am

KenC wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:27 am
Of course BMW is a business and needs to maximise profits. However you do do maximise profits in the long term by pissing off customers so there needs to get a balance. The fact is that BMW pushed the M2 as a car that was hard to get hold off. This even led to premiums for early cars. There were apparently only 2/3 or 4 cars per dealer in the first year. Buyers had a reasonably expectation that this would be a car with better than average residuals.

Then additional cars became available. This was followed by numerous cars to the same spec arriving without buyers, pre registering and now almost 200 AUC cars with 120 being under 6 months old.

That is a massive turnaround even before you consider an LCI change and a new engine.

I have been so close to buying an M2 but feel I have dodged a bullet. I have had around 20 New BMWs/ Minis and currently feel that BMW has shafted it's customers with over supply and the resulting poor residuals. The chances of me buying another are reduced massively ad a result.
Bet all the 1M owners are hanging onto their cars now though.
F21 M135i - AW CR - lots of options.
Coding for all BMW's: Enquiries@BRdiagnostics.co.uk
Please visit my BabyBMW sponsors section: Here
BRD on Facebook

jimBabyBMW
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by jimBabyBMW » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:50 pm

I don't get this S55 sounds rubbish thing, it sounds fine to me, especially on some of the clips with an aftermarket exhaust.

Shandy
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Shandy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:50 pm

KenC wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:27 am

Maybe people just need to get real about how changing cars affects residuals and stop trying to game the system.

Element
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Element » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:02 pm

Deadeye wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:43 pm
What’s brand loyalty got to do with it?
iomroadster wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:03 pm
Actually shame on me since I've been fooled twice now and frankly I'm royally p***ed off to the point of changing brand loyalty.
Any further questions?
BMW F22 M240i | 8ZF | MPE

Twenny

Post by Twenny » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:44 pm

Element wrote:
Deadeye wrote:
iomroadster wrote:
Actually shame on me since I've been fooled twice now and frankly I'm royally p***ed off to the point of changing brand loyalty.
Any further questions?
Yes.

Do you wipe front to back or back to front?

How many i’s in Mississippi?

How many Mexicans does it take to change a light bulb?

Is solar energy any good?

Should I get a 5 or 10 year fixed rate on my mortgage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-130i front discs-VMR v710-Eibach ARB
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

lbb

Post by lbb » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:01 pm

It's the way of the world and BMW does much the same as every other brand - they have product upgrades planned years ahead of time and will happily sell you today's product knowing that the day after tomorrow they'll have a "new and improved!" one to sell you.

Reminds me of the old joke/saying:

Q. When's the best time to buy a new computer?
A. 6 months from now.

sawda
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by sawda » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:45 am

Twenny wrote:
Element wrote:
Deadeye wrote:
iomroadster wrote:
Any further questions?

Yes.

Do you wipe front to back or back to front? Front to back

How many i’s in Mississippi? 4

How many Mexicans does it take to change a light bulb? 1 should do it

Is solar energy any good? Yes

Depends on the rate

Twenny

Post by Twenny » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:08 am

sawda wrote:
Twenny wrote:
Element wrote: Any further questions?

Yes.

Depends on the rate

Hee hee cheers bud Image

However, the how many Mexicans question? Your answer is correct, but not grammatically correct, in order for it to be funny, so the answer is - just Juan 🤣

2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-130i front discs-VMR v710-Eibach ARB
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

sawda
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by sawda » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:17 am

Twenny wrote:
sawda wrote:
Twenny wrote:

Yes.

Depends on the rate

Hee hee cheers bud Image

However, the how many Mexicans question? Your answer is correct, but not grammatically correct, in order for it to be funny, so the answer is - just Juan 🤣

Ha ha.

Return to “F87 M2”