Big thank you

We are based on the south coast and was established in 2002. We specialise in supplying alloy wheels for German makes of cars including BMW, Audi, Mercedes and VW.
We are authorised dealers for many top wheel brands including 3SDM, AXE, Cades, Ispiri, OEMS, Quantum44, Zito and more. We also stock a large variety of used, original equipment wheels, most of which have been fully refurbished.
Discounts available to forum members.

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, babybmwadmin, Lambster, bmautosport

User avatar
monkyken
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:40 pm
Location: LoudWater High Wyc

Big thank you

Post by monkyken » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:05 pm

So I want to personally say a big thank you to both Mark and Carrie, and with that recommend the service provided, Mark was happy to email back and forth regarding what wheel options would be best for me and then after that combat me on tyre options. He certainly knows his stuff and I would be happy trusting him, if he says it will fit it will fit. Below are a few photos of my motor with the wheels on Bola msh 8j fronts on 225/40/18 et 40 and 9j rears 245/35/18 et 45.

Before

Image

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Once again a big thank you and I think the car looks brilliant.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current: Black E82 120D 217bhp, Bola Msh wheels : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=85054

AdamC
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:02 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Big thank you

Post by AdamC » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:09 pm

Must agree, your car looks brilliant.
2015 LCI M135i - AW - Coral - Auto - HK - Pro Nav & More -

User avatar
marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 49916
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am
Location: Omnipresent Post Whore

Re: Big thank you

Post by marco_polo » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:12 pm

Nice! Good fitment too. :thumbs:
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

User avatar
Sonic1506
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 7754
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:08 am
Location: Here, There, Everywhere.

Re: Big thank you

Post by Sonic1506 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:15 pm

Very nice, even though black wheels aren't my cup of tea! Liking it though! Sits nice.

User avatar
monkyken
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:40 pm
Location: LoudWater High Wyc

Re: Big thank you

Post by monkyken » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:39 pm

Sonic1506 wrote:Very nice, even though black wheels aren't my cup of tea! Liking it though! Sits nice.
I didn't intend to go black until I saw Tweenys car, I was originally going to go for the same basic style wheels but in a hyper silver, a little bit of me still wish's I had but I'm enjoying the stealth look, I must admit I love your car, sits perfectly. Lowering the car is one of the next things I want to attempt but I don't want to have any arch work done if I can avoid it.
Current: Black E82 120D 217bhp, Bola Msh wheels : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=85054

User avatar
Sonic1506
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 7754
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:08 am
Location: Here, There, Everywhere.

Re: Big thank you

Post by Sonic1506 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:59 am

monkyken wrote:I didn't intend to go black until I saw Tweenys car, I was originally going to go for the same basic style wheels but in a hyper silver, a little bit of me still wish's I had but I'm enjoying the stealth look, I must admit I love your car, sits perfectly. Lowering the car is one of the next things I want to attempt but I don't want to have any arch work done if I can avoid it.
Thanks bud :). I was going to go with a black wheel and a silver lip/edge but then decided against it and went hyper silver :).

You shouldn't need any arch work I'd imagine :), just depends how low you want to go.

User avatar
monkyken
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:40 pm
Location: LoudWater High Wyc

Re: Big thank you

Post by monkyken » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:03 am

Sonic1506 wrote:
monkyken wrote:I didn't intend to go black until I saw Tweenys car, I was originally going to go for the same basic style wheels but in a hyper silver, a little bit of me still wish's I had but I'm enjoying the stealth look, I must admit I love your car, sits perfectly. Lowering the car is one of the next things I want to attempt but I don't want to have any arch work done if I can avoid it.
Thanks bud :). I was going to go with a black wheel and a silver lip/edge but then decided against it and went hyper silver :).

You shouldn't need any arch work I'd imagine :), just depends how low you want to go.
Well the forum wouldnt be the same place if we didnt each appreciate each others cars now would it and your car is a perfect example, the better half wanted me to get the same shape as your's but this coupe just won it for me, sounds good, I'm only planning on going about 20-25mm so hopefully even with the nice big wheels everything will be fine and I will avoid removing my front bumper on a speed bump and any rubbing at that :mrgreen: .
Current: Black E82 120D 217bhp, Bola Msh wheels : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=85054

User avatar
Sonic1506
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 7754
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:08 am
Location: Here, There, Everywhere.

Re: Big thank you

Post by Sonic1506 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:11 am

monkyken wrote:Well the forum wouldnt be the same place if we didnt each appreciate each others cars now would it and your car is a perfect example, the better half wanted me to get the same shape as your's but this coupe just won it for me, sounds good, I'm only planning on going about 20-25mm so hopefully even with the nice big wheels everything will be fine and I will avoid removing my front bumper on a speed bump and any rubbing at that :mrgreen: .
Thanks bud, glad you like her! More planned for her and hopefully have her finished very soon :).

I was going to get a coupe/conv originally but I usually drive my mum and dad around so I went for a 5 door for them :). I scrape the front bumper on high speedbumps if I go too fast. If there are 3 bumps in a row, if I go straight over one of them, I'll scrape the exhaust. I could go lower on the coilovers but I think the height/stance is good as it is :).

I'll help wherever I can :thumbs:.

User avatar
monkyken
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:40 pm
Location: LoudWater High Wyc

Re: Big thank you

Post by monkyken » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:26 pm

Sonic1506 wrote:
monkyken wrote:Well the forum wouldnt be the same place if we didnt each appreciate each others cars now would it and your car is a perfect example, the better half wanted me to get the same shape as your's but this coupe just won it for me, sounds good, I'm only planning on going about 20-25mm so hopefully even with the nice big wheels everything will be fine and I will avoid removing my front bumper on a speed bump and any rubbing at that :mrgreen: .
Thanks bud, glad you like her! More planned for her and hopefully have her finished very soon :).

I was going to get a coupe/conv originally but I usually drive my mum and dad around so I went for a 5 door for them :). I scrape the front bumper on high speedbumps if I go too fast. If there are 3 bumps in a row, if I go straight over one of them, I'll scrape the exhaust. I could go lower on the coilovers but I think the height/stance is good as it is :).

I'll help wherever I can :thumbs:.
Might take you up on that, are the springs the same between the E82 and the E81/E87? yours is sitting perfectly, I would be curious what springs you have and if you needed any archwork as your wheels are actually slightly bigger than mine?
Current: Black E82 120D 217bhp, Bola Msh wheels : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=85054

User avatar
Sonic1506
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 7754
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:08 am
Location: Here, There, Everywhere.

Re: Big thank you

Post by Sonic1506 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:45 pm

monkyken wrote:Might take you up on that, are the springs the same between the E82 and the E81/E87? yours is sitting perfectly, I would be curious what springs you have and if you needed any archwork as your wheels are actually slightly bigger than mine?
I have BC Racing BR Series Coilovers, height, camber and damping adjustable (may be up for sale soon btw). IIRC setups are the same across all apart from the 1M. The spring rates are different between petrol and diesel IIRC.

I have done no arch work and I am running 18x8.5" front and 18x9.5" rear. I have had a full car with no rubbing over bumps or potholes :). Could go lower but I like the way it is at the moment :).

User avatar
monkyken
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:40 pm
Location: LoudWater High Wyc

Re: Big thank you

Post by monkyken » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:56 pm

Sonic1506 wrote:
monkyken wrote:Might take you up on that, are the springs the same between the E82 and the E81/E87? yours is sitting perfectly, I would be curious what springs you have and if you needed any archwork as your wheels are actually slightly bigger than mine?
I have BC Racing BR Series Coilovers, height, camber and damping adjustable (may be up for sale soon btw). IIRC setups are the same across all apart from the 1M. The spring rates are different between petrol and diesel IIRC.

I have done no arch work and I am running 18x8.5" front and 18x9.5" rear. I have had a full car with no rubbing over bumps or potholes :). Could go lower but I like the way it is at the moment :).
It sits perfectly any lower and you would be better of putting it on bags, I'm pretty much looking for a 20-30mm drop as I think that would be enough to give it that little bit more stance without affecting day to day driveabilty, I spend most of my time on the M40/a40 so I don't have to many bumps to deal with, worst bit is probably the entrance/exit to where I live and the odd stupid pothole.
Current: Black E82 120D 217bhp, Bola Msh wheels : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=85054

User avatar
Sonic1506
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 7754
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:08 am
Location: Here, There, Everywhere.

Re: Big thank you

Post by Sonic1506 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:00 pm

monkyken wrote:It sits perfectly any lower and you would be better of putting it on bags, I'm pretty much looking for a 20-30mm drop as I think that would be enough to give it that little bit more stance without affecting day to day driveabilty, I spend most of my time on the M40/a40 so I don't have to many bumps to deal with, worst bit is probably the entrance/exit to where I live and the odd stupid pothole.
You could just go for lowering springs? I went with coilovers because I knew lowering springs wouldn't go a slow as I wanted. I've probably got a 60mm drop? I didn't measure factory to my height now but my coilovers can't go much lower! I'd need to change to E46 top mounts and remove one rear adjuster to go lower. Plus the stiffer shocks were better for the sound system going in, which when completed will weigh about 60kg :shock: :lol:. The damping is set 3 off the softest setting and it's still fairly comfortable for coilovers.

User avatar
monkyken
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:40 pm
Location: LoudWater High Wyc

Re: Big thank you

Post by monkyken » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:09 pm

Hum, I have just moved into a new property so I haven't taken my proper computer with Adobe out yet, I might have to get on it and do some photoshopping to new lows and see what I like. if springs will do what I need and avoid any rubbing then that might be the way to go, still love the stance on your car.
Current: Black E82 120D 217bhp, Bola Msh wheels : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=85054

User avatar
Sonic1506
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 7754
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:08 am
Location: Here, There, Everywhere.

Re: Big thank you

Post by Sonic1506 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:11 pm

monkyken wrote:Hum, I have just moved into a new property so I haven't taken my proper computer with Adobe out yet, I might have to get on it and do some photoshopping to new lows and see what I like. if springs will do what I need and avoid any rubbing then that might be the way to go, still love the stance on your car.
Thanks bud, more mods are coming in a week or so :). Congrats on the new property :).

oliver
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2697
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: Big thank you

Post by oliver » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:13 pm

monkyken wrote: Image
Looks awesome with the new wheels. Really looks great in that particular photo!

So happy my old car made its way back to babybmw! Best community ever! Makes me slightly emotional seeing it again, in a good way! :) :) :)

Post Reply

Return to “BM Autosport”