Bw chiptune jb4 review

BWchiptune is the oldest and 1st BMW tuner to offer tuning to BabyBMW forum members from its earliest days when the forum started. We custom-tune BMW cars in house on our Dyno Dynamics rolling road. With over 30 years of experience on BMW’s servicing & repairs, coding & programming, EWS immobilizer removal, we are the 1st in the UK to refurbish BMW DME & DDE ECUs up to the newest cars. West London’s independent BMW specialist, UB3 1BB, call us on 02085611818 0r 07831103030

Moderators: jason@bwchiptune, Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Post Reply
User avatar
Srjlewis17
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:31 am

Bw chiptune jb4 review

Post by Srjlewis17 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:17 pm

Just spent the day with Jason, Chris and Dominic at BW Chiptune in Hayes.

Been speaking with them for a while with regards to getting a jb4 fitted and today I took them up on the offer.

Gave the car to them at about 930am and they worked solidly all day. All the guys there are absolutely brilliant. Professional, helpful, friendly and most of all up front and honest.

Attached is the dyno print out showing the results.

We could have gone for more apparently however 423bhp and 500lbft is more than enough for me so I was happy to call it a day. The install was neat, tidy and nothing was too much trouble.

Jason took the time to show me how to select the maps quickly and the cleared any left over codes before we took it for a test drive. HOLY F*CK. THEY HAVE CREATED A MONSTER! it pulls so much harder now, third gear is just stupid!

I cannot reccomend this place enough. Due to being understaffed they stayed open well beyond closing time without a single grumble or complaint. THANK YOU GUYS!

Dyno printout attached....
20160301_183657.jpg
Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
2014 M135i F21 6MT AW - M4 grilles - Alcantara LCI steering wheel - M Performance shifter - BBS SR's Satin Himalaya Grey - Eibach Pro Kit - Gladen BMW201 Extreme & Mosconi D2 100.4 DSP - Armytrix turbo back with DP - JB4 with BW Chiptune Map 6

User avatar
Srjlewis17
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:31 am

Re: RE: Bw chiptune jb4 review

Post by Srjlewis17 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:18 pm

Srjlewis17 wrote:Just spent the day with Jason, Chris and Dominic at BW Chiptune in Hayes.

Been speaking with them for a while with regards to getting a jb4 fitted and today I took them up on the offer.

Gave the car to them at about 930am and they worked solidly all day. All the guys there are absolutely brilliant. Professional, helpful, friendly and most of all up front and honest.

Attached is the dyno print out showing the results.

We could have gone for more apparently however 423bhp and 500lbft is more than enough for me so I was happy to call it a day. The install was neat, tidy and nothing was too much trouble.

Jason took the time to show me how to select the maps quickly and the cleared any left over codes before we took it for a test drive. HOLY F*CK. THEY HAVE CREATED A MONSTER! it pulls so much harder now, third gear is just stupid!

I cannot reccomend this place enough. Due to being understaffed they stayed open well beyond closing time without a single grumble or complaint. THANK YOU GUYS!

Dyno printout attached....
20160301_183657.jpg
Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Ok now it should be attached!
20160301_183657.jpg


Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
2014 M135i F21 6MT AW - M4 grilles - Alcantara LCI steering wheel - M Performance shifter - BBS SR's Satin Himalaya Grey - Eibach Pro Kit - Gladen BMW201 Extreme & Mosconi D2 100.4 DSP - Armytrix turbo back with DP - JB4 with BW Chiptune Map 6

User avatar
Srjlewis17
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:31 am

Re: Bw chiptune jb4 review

Post by Srjlewis17 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:18 pm

20160301_183657.jpg
Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
2014 M135i F21 6MT AW - M4 grilles - Alcantara LCI steering wheel - M Performance shifter - BBS SR's Satin Himalaya Grey - Eibach Pro Kit - Gladen BMW201 Extreme & Mosconi D2 100.4 DSP - Armytrix turbo back with DP - JB4 with BW Chiptune Map 6

User avatar
Srjlewis17
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:31 am

Re: Bw chiptune jb4 review

Post by Srjlewis17 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:19 pm

20160301_183657.jpg

20160301_183657.jpg
Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
2014 M135i F21 6MT AW - M4 grilles - Alcantara LCI steering wheel - M Performance shifter - BBS SR's Satin Himalaya Grey - Eibach Pro Kit - Gladen BMW201 Extreme & Mosconi D2 100.4 DSP - Armytrix turbo back with DP - JB4 with BW Chiptune Map 6

User avatar
Srjlewis17
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:31 am

Re: Bw chiptune jb4 review

Post by Srjlewis17 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:19 pm

For goodness sake. Why won't it attach. Help!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
2014 M135i F21 6MT AW - M4 grilles - Alcantara LCI steering wheel - M Performance shifter - BBS SR's Satin Himalaya Grey - Eibach Pro Kit - Gladen BMW201 Extreme & Mosconi D2 100.4 DSP - Armytrix turbo back with DP - JB4 with BW Chiptune Map 6

User avatar
Srjlewis17
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:31 am

Re: Bw chiptune jb4 review

Post by Srjlewis17 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:20 pm

IMG-20160301-WA0010.jpg
Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk
2014 M135i F21 6MT AW - M4 grilles - Alcantara LCI steering wheel - M Performance shifter - BBS SR's Satin Himalaya Grey - Eibach Pro Kit - Gladen BMW201 Extreme & Mosconi D2 100.4 DSP - Armytrix turbo back with DP - JB4 with BW Chiptune Map 6

User avatar
Srjlewis17
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:31 am

Re: Bw chiptune jb4 review

Post by Srjlewis17 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:21 pm

20160301_183657-1.jpg
Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
2014 M135i F21 6MT AW - M4 grilles - Alcantara LCI steering wheel - M Performance shifter - BBS SR's Satin Himalaya Grey - Eibach Pro Kit - Gladen BMW201 Extreme & Mosconi D2 100.4 DSP - Armytrix turbo back with DP - JB4 with BW Chiptune Map 6

User avatar
babybmwadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Posts: 831
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:57 am
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Contact:

Re: Bw chiptune jb4 review

Post by babybmwadmin » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:05 pm

Please read viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18775 to see how to attach images.

User avatar
Srjlewis17
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:31 am

Re: RE: Re: Bw chiptune jb4 review

Post by Srjlewis17 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:30 pm

babybmwadmin wrote:Please read viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18775 to see how to attach images.
Thank you! Trying to use tapatalk, it has worked before without a problem so don't understand it now. Will follow the guid and re do it. Is it possible to delete this thread so I can't start again? Thank you!!!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
2014 M135i F21 6MT AW - M4 grilles - Alcantara LCI steering wheel - M Performance shifter - BBS SR's Satin Himalaya Grey - Eibach Pro Kit - Gladen BMW201 Extreme & Mosconi D2 100.4 DSP - Armytrix turbo back with DP - JB4 with BW Chiptune Map 6

User avatar
babybmwadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Posts: 831
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:57 am
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: Bw chiptune jb4 review

Post by babybmwadmin » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:31 pm

Srjlewis17 wrote:
babybmwadmin wrote:Please read viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18775 to see how to attach images.
Thank you! Trying to use tapatalk, it has worked before without a problem so don't understand it now. Will follow the guid and re do it. Is it possible to delete this thread so I can't start again? Thank you!!!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Just do a new post and when it appears, we can delete this one.
Make sure to do it in this section please.

Blind Pugh
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 6521
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:36 am

Re: Bw chiptune jb4 review

Post by Blind Pugh » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:33 am

Your feedback very similar to my experiences with Jason and the guys at BW Chiptune.
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=64541&hilit=chiptune
F20 M135i EB AT with options - what a hoot !
Image Image

markov787
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Bw chiptune jb4 review

Post by markov787 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:25 pm

I can confirm, the experience has been very positive!
Highly recommended!
Valencia Orange M135i

Post Reply

Return to “BW Chiptune”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest