Active Tourer replacement

Find out more about the BMW 2 Series F45 & F46
The BMW 2 Series Active Tourer F45 (2014-)
The BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer F46 (2015-)

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

dorsetred
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by dorsetred » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:44 am

Please refer to the following link for the photographs: - viewtopic.php?f=96&t=68578

We purchased the car new and collected on 1st December 2014, current mileage is 10,600 with second service booked for 15th November, car is as new almost completely unmarked apart from a couple of very minor paint chips.

If interested please pm at your convenience, looking around £17, 500.00, car is located close to Bournemouth.

Currently vehicle will be handed over to Dealership on 1st November.

dorsetred 8)
Last edited by dorsetred on Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[/color]Mercedes-Benz GLA45 AMG
Previous - BMW 218d M Sport Active Tourer, BMW 118d, Honda Civic V-Tech Type R GT, Volvo C-30 1.8 R-Design, Honda HRV

dorsetred
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by dorsetred » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:45 pm

I also had the car completely professionally detailed again in May as we were considering keeping the car obviously the receipt is available.

dorsetred 8)
Last edited by dorsetred on Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Previous - BMW 218d M Sport Active Tourer, BMW 118d, Honda Civic V-Tech Type R GT, Volvo C-30 1.8 R-Design, Honda HRV

dorsetred
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by dorsetred » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:48 pm

Changed to the real dark side and into something a little quicker: -
1.jpg
1.jpg (60.92 KiB) Viewed 418 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (152.45 KiB) Viewed 418 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (127.5 KiB) Viewed 418 times
dorsetred 8) :band:

chandler

Re: Active Tourer replacement

Post by chandler » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:31 am

Nice Car as a fellow dorseter (from the west Moors area) why are you getting rid of her? and what was she like to own (reliability ect and ability of the interior to stand up to scuffs)? I guess from the follow up pics the answer to the first question is because you either want something faster and 4wd and TBH that is a heck of a jump going to the Mercedes (looks fun nice looking GLA 43). The 2 series AT get a bit of stick on here (i guess because of the unBMW front wheel drive) but they do look very practical and maybe one of the few BMW's you can drive in the snow apart from xdrives and X series but they are more expensive than their rivals. So during the ownership process did you feel you got something more for your money from the AT as a premium item?

dorsetred
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Active Tourer replacement

Post by dorsetred » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:22 pm

chandler wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:31 am
Nice Car as a fellow dorseter (from the west Moors area) why are you getting rid of her? and what was she like to own (reliability ect and ability of the interior to stand up to scuffs)? I guess from the follow up pics the answer to the first question is because you either want something faster and 4wd and TBH that is a heck of a jump going to the Mercedes (looks fun nice looking GLA 43). The 2 series AT get a bit of stick on here (i guess because of the unBMW front wheel drive) but they do look very practical and maybe one of the few BMW's you can drive in the snow apart from xdrives and X series but they are more expensive than their rivals. So during the ownership process did you feel you got something more for your money from the AT as a premium item?
You're just down the road from us actually. As far as the 2AT goes it's been a brilliant vehicle to be honest and if we'd ordered with auto it's quite possible we'd have kept the car, it's crazy as almost three years old come end November and still as good as new with less than 11K miles. It's been up to Cheshire, Cardiff and Southampton on numerous occassions apart from obviously locally to both of us. We looked at the 225xe, i3S and I'd also been waiting for the X2 to come out however unfortunately in all three instances when ordering new totally loaded as in the case of the GLA45 regretably BMW were well over the top when it came down to making the decision to change.

Quality is quality when you look at the 2AT or the GLA45 AMG, main differences Road Tax +£190, Insurance + £220, Petrol instead of Diesel (had no bearing whatsoever on our sale decision) despite low mileage we were easily getting 42mpg locally into 54+ on longer runs whereas the AMG will probably return around 27 - 29 and considerably less when I drive! Not an issue at all with the 2AT no children or pets and always placed a tarp over the boot mat whenever loading up for the tip! Leather heated electric seats totally unmarked basically it's probable the MB dealer may put the car into their showroom as the car really is in mint condition but tomorrow come 11.00 she'll be handed over as part-ex against the MB.

I've no doubt we'll miss the AT but as my daily drive in the Middle East is and has been for over 13 years a 4l Toyota Land-cruiser and intending to retire in December 2018 we made the decision to go crazy although not so much in reality as we've gone through Supra 2.8inj in Oman, Prelude 4ws bought in Ferndown, Civic Type R GT amongst others so familiar with quality quick cars although the beast is in another league without any doubt at all.

I've found the knockers generally quite funny to be honest particularly as they all say not a proper BM etc,. who really gives a sh1t because I don't and frankly stopped listening to people who never even attempt to drive the car but dislike it for the sake of it. No doubt the same could and probably has been said about the AMG again it's our choice and we're more than happy with our decision.

dorsetred 8)

Return to “F45, F46 (2014 - tbd)”