225XE Info reqd

Find out more about the BMW 2 Series F45 & F46
The BMW 2 Series Active Tourer F45 (2014-)
The BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer F46 (2015-)

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

Oggi

225XE Info reqd

Post by Oggi » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:16 am

Hi guys,

Looking for any repair info on the F45 series, any model will do as a start but specifically looking for 225XE (the hybrid) manufacturer/dealer repair info/schedules. Have recently bought a 225XE but it has had a minor frontal and as well as the airbags and pre-tensioners now needing replacing the dashboard now displays "high voltage system deactivated" (it is this that specifically interests me) . I imagine possibly anyone with any experience of repair of any of the other vehicles in the BMW/mini hybrid range may have useful info to contribute as many components are common between models.
Please don't suggest going to a dealer, that would be a last (and no doubt very expensive) resort for me, I'm an experienced mechanic and a qualified electrical/electronic engineer who loves a challenge, if I can find the right technical info about the hybrid system and how it is disabled I reckon I'm in with a chance of repairing it (it may only need re-setting like the airbag module, I just don't know).

Thanks and Regards to you all.

stevesurrey
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: 225XE Info reqd

Post by stevesurrey » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:48 pm

E81 120D (N47) SE+Dynamic Package, 2007/57, M Sports Suspension, Montego Blue, Pro HU+HiFi Speakers & Dipstick

dorsetred
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by dorsetred » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:39 pm

Hi Oggi and welcome to the forum.

I think the information that Steve found could be quite beneficial as I've never seen that detail previously despite having our 218d since 30th November 2014 and another source for you would definitely be Wibbles aka Craig (BR Diagnostics & Retrofits) one of the forum sponsors and even though I've not been able to use his services you'll soon realise he's probably be able to work with you.

dorsetred 8)
[/color]Mercedes-AMG GLA 45
Previous - BMW 218d M Sport Active Tourer, BMW 118d, Honda Civic V-Tech Type R GT, Volvo C-30 1.8 R-Design, Honda HRV

Oggi

Post by Oggi » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks ever so much for the warm welcome.

I must say that the post by Stevesurrey has already exceeded my hopes regarding repair info, thank you Sir, you are a gentleman to share like that.

Regarding "Wibbles" I have read the many glowing reports regarding this guy, should I run into coding/diagnostic issues he does seem to be the one to contact.

I wonder if a 225XE has ever crossed his path...

Thanks & Regards to you all.

Return to “F45, F46 (2014 - tbd)”