Baby BMW Forum banner

Quick hello

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  dorsetred 
#1 ·
Hi all, new to the site so thought i'd drop a quick hello

Owner of a BMW 218D Sport Gran Tourer... replaces my '08 S-Max so its a canny upgrade

Unfortunately my car is in the body shop as after 3 weeks of owning someone crashed into the back of me, so its currently in the garage awaiting fixed :censored2:

I'm really liking the car so far, it was a pre-reg so got a canny deal. Shame I wanted the M Sport ideally but didn't like the interior (was the blue/grey suede looking interior) I'm sure its lovely in person but not sure great for two toddlers and a big dirty doggle.

There's a few things I'd like to upgrade some day... front parking sensors (been informed these cant be retrofitted to iDrive), leather interior (seen some on eBay for £650) and liking the look of SDS Advanced ANDRO 10.3-Inch Retrofit Touch Screen

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum Smithy and hopefully you'll have your car back quickly.

Have to admit I'm somewhat surprised as we've got an M Sport with full leather as standard and wandering if you've got slightly mixed up between the variants as I'm reasonably sure you've referring to the "Sport" version? Know the feeling well in relation to front PDC as I wanted this on ours but at the time (Sept 2014) wasn't available for the M Sport due to the body kit still can't understand why it's not available today as a retrofit but used to it being without so probably wouldn't bother either way now.

You'll need to upload some photographs when you've got the car back as well!

dorsetred :cool2:

#5 ·
Hi there

Just been looking over the UK new build site and definitely only Dakota Leather shown for the interior trim so I can't understand why they would have a M Sport with basic Sport interior however on looking at the picture you attached that's not a UK spec vehicle because Estoril Blue is only available with the M Sport version. Only conclusion being that Stratstone must have a real oddball?

dorsetred :cool2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.