218d M Sport Active Tourer Reveal and Collection

Find out more about the BMW 2 Series F45 & F46
The BMW 2 Series Active Tourer F45 (2014-)
The BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer F46 (2015-)

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

dorsetred
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

218d M Sport Active Tourer Reveal and Collection

Postby dorsetred » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:21 am

Dealer has advised the car was at the "Port of Exit" on 15th November, choice of number plate given and plate chosen (needed something to remember), he's confirmed they will arrange to collect our 118d E82 Coupe to changeover the Alloygators in preparation for collection the following Sunday as originally requested.

Needless to add looking forward to early December when my other half goes for the reveal (she doesn't know) but told her to take the camera to photograph and check everything I could find relating to collection on the forum which I feel could be a good idea generally for a sticky?

A/ Take the camera and photograph front, rear, both sides and all wheels.

B/ Check Alloygators fitted correctly and TPMS settings have been adjusted.

C/ Check paintwork has been completely polished / detailed without “swirls” over the entire car as agreed

D/ Check full tank (diesel) included in purchase price on Order Form.

E/ Check the Date setting has been adjusted to standard format i.e. 1st December 2014

F/ Check the mirrors have been programmed to fold automatically when locking and unlocking the car.

G/ Check the software option Key Fob button opens “Tailgate + Doors” is activated.

H/ Check the software option requested for the digital speedo has been activated between clocks.

If you have any doubts whatsoever prior to signing for collection of the car, advise reasons and reject it.

Obviously if anyone can suggest anything else to be added to the list please amend as necessary, we're all spending a considerable amount of time researching the car we want, money is well spent providing we receive as ordered.

Allan
Last edited by dorsetred on Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ordered - MY17 F45 225xe iPerformance M Sport Active Tourer
Current MY15 F45 218d M Sport Active Tourer
Previous - MY13 F22 118d Sports Plus, MY11 Honda Civic V-Tech Type R GT, MY09 Volvo C-30 1.8 R-Design, MY01 Honda HRV, too many more.

roshambo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: 218d M Sport Active Tourer at Port of Exit

Postby roshambo » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:11 am

Interior options (i.e seats and trim) match the order form.

They should pair BT to phone for her but make sure that gets done.

I hope you asked for no stickers on the windows ;)

Matt
Current: 2015 F36 435i M Sport
Old: 2013 F20 116d Sport; 2006 E87 120d M Sport

dorsetred
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Postby dorsetred » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:51 am

Hi Matt

Many thanks for your reply, seats and trim should be okay because I've ordered black leather with blue piping and brushed aluminium rather than standard hexagon which she's aware of with being present when placing the order. Pairing the phone is a definite must which I'd forgotten about and definitely no stickers although they'd be removed when I take the car to SC Tints in Southampton for the treatment as usual i.e. Safety Tint to both front doors, medium to rear doors and rear screen with additional band across the top of the front screen. :)

The latter will be a must because of the overall depth of the screen which is about the same size in the Civic Type R GT which we had, in this respect I may also have to order from the US a sunscreen for when she's at work, couldn't find one at all in UK. :shock:

Allan
Previous - MY13 F22 118d Sports Plus, MY11 Honda Civic V-Tech Type R GT, MY09 Volvo C-30 1.8 R-Design, MY01 Honda HRV, too many more.

Gosco

Postby Gosco » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:28 pm

I'd be interested to know if you get the mirrors programmed to the fob. My dealer said this wasn't possible with the 2AT, but I'll ask for it as part of the PDI if you find out otherwise.

Cheers!

Gordon

chirpy
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Postby chirpy » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:39 pm

dorsetred wrote:.. with additional band across the top of the front screen. :)

The latter will be a must because of the overall depth of the screen which is about the same size in the Civic Type R GT which we had, in this respect I may also have to order from the US a sunscreen for when she's at work, couldn't find one at all in UK. :shock:

If you're referring to the low sun, we've actually found that the screen is better with regards to the low sun getting in than the one series. Although the screen is larger, the raking, position and the much higher seating position mean that you get much better protection from the low sun getting in in the first place and the visors actually help a lot. With the OH being 5' 1" the sun visors actually work for her when she uses them, in the 120d they didn't help much with her being so short ;)

Oh, and good luck with the collection :)
2014 BMW F45 2 Active Tourer 218i Luxury, Sparkling Brown Metallic
2010 BMW E87 120d SE, Montego Blue

dorsetred
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Postby dorsetred » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:44 am

Many thanks for your replies: -

Gordon - I'll advise regarding the mirror folding after my other half has collected the car hopefully on 7th December.

Jonathan - The reason for considering the sun-screen being when she's at work if facing the sun the interior gets hot but as suggested as we're heading into winter it may not be necessary at the minute plus having to buy from the US is not cheap, when we bought the last one for the Civic the P&P was almost as much as the part itself. I do have a slight advantage now in that I've got a couple of work associates either in or going to the US on vacation so may be able to reduce the cost that way. I should add I'm looking for the cardboard folding type rather than others as we have plastic type "roundals" as give-aways here at the office but I can't stand them however if required I can always bring some back to UK next month and forward them to you?

Allan

chirpy
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Postby chirpy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:59 am

Ah! got you. Not had a need for the screens myself, but can understand why you would need them if left facing the sun during day - many thanks for the offer though.
2014 BMW F45 2 Active Tourer 218i Luxury, Sparkling Brown Metallic
2010 BMW E87 120d SE, Montego Blue

dorsetred
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: 218d M Sport Active Tourer waiting delivery to Dealer

Postby dorsetred » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:37 am

Hi Guys

Good news, the dealer has confirmed this morning (yes - they do work on a Sunday) the car is now waiting to be delivered to them, I've checked the Vin Number details as previously posted (Re: http://www.bmwarchive.org/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html) and everything ordered is listed so hopefully not too long to go before she receives the call from them.8)

Allan

dorsetred
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: 218d M Sport Active Tourer Collection

Postby dorsetred » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:06 am

Gordon

Just received the 2nd video from the dealership showing the car prepared for today's reveal when my other goes to collect it at 10.30 this morning, the good news being the sales guy also showed the mirrors have been configured as requested to open and close when locking and unlocking the car using the key fob.

The car looks to my mind exactly as I expected and I'll post some photographs as and when I can although this may not be until I'm back in the UK on 19th December although the salesman has said he'll also take and send some to me following today's reveal.

Allan :fest:

dennisthedog
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: 218d M Sport Active Tourer Reveal and Collection

Postby dennisthedog » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:12 am

Sat in one of these on Friday whilst collecting my 120. Seemed nice inside but seemed a bit odd not having a long flat bonnet to look at.

dorsetred
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Postby dorsetred » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:39 am

Hi Dennis

I can understand that thought although to be honest when driving the coupe or previous cars it's not as obvious as you may imagine after a while, I think the major difference which I explained to my other half last night was there's an additional four inches at the front with reduced five inches at the back in comparison to the coupe i.e. centre of each wheel respectively which obviously she needed to understand prior to driving into the garage at home later today.

I have the use of a MY2014 Land Cruiser at work and despite having the seat higher I still can't see the front of the bonnet but as it's only slightly different from my previous model no real issues with it after a while, main advantage with this one is I've got a tow-hook on the back which definitely helped yesterday when a GMC pickup driver decided to kiss my ar#e. :starwars:

Needless to add when I spoke to him the comment was you rolled back (mine's auto) as you can imagine a few choice words came to mind along with the photographs taken!

Allan

Gosco

Re: 218d M Sport Active Tourer Collection

Postby Gosco » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:25 am

dorsetred wrote:Gordon

Just received the 2nd video from the dealership showing the car prepared for today's reveal when my other goes to collect it at 10.30 this morning, the good news being the sales guy also showed the mirrors have been configured as requested to open and close when locking and unlocking the car using the key fob.

The car looks to my mind exactly as I expected and I'll post some photographs as and when I can although this may not be until I'm back in the UK on 19th December although the salesman has said he'll also take and send some to me following today's reveal.

Allan :fest:

Thanks for the update Allan, and hope the collection goes well!

dorsetred
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Postby dorsetred » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:36 am

Pleasure is all mine and glad to have been able to advise the result for you.

Allan 8)

dorsetred
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Postby dorsetred » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:55 am

Hi guys

She collected yesterday and here's a couple of photographs - ,

I'll upload better ones later when I return home.

Allan

WannabeaQuandt
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Postby WannabeaQuandt » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:13 pm

Looks great!
Previously - E87 118d M Sport in sapphire black

Return to “F45, F46 (2014 - tbd)”