2 Series Active Tourer Tinted and Detailed

Find out more about the BMW 2 Series F45 & F46
The BMW 2 Series Active Tourer F45 (2014-)
The BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer F46 (2015-)

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

dorsetred
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

2 Series Active Tourer Tinted and Detailed

Post by dorsetred » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:47 am

I understand not everyone likes the car but each to their own, drives like a dream and absolutely delighted with it. We drove from Dorset to Cheshire and back just before Christmas average was 42.9 mpg which was fine no problems at all.

Allan
[/color]Current MY15 F45 218d M Sport Active Tourer
Previous - MY13 F22 118d Sports Plus, MY11 Honda Civic V-Tech Type R GT, MY09 Volvo C-30 1.8 R-Design, MY01 Honda HRV, too many more.

Steven1077
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: 2 Series Active Tourer Tinted and Detailed

Post by Steven1077 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:27 am

Much better looking than I thought and better looking than the 1 series LCI, pity they didn't use the same front on the m-sport LCI, I like those wheels as well, if they made an M235 x-drive version I'd seriously think about buying one
Drives F22 M235i EB Auto
Previous F30 335d, F32 435i, F21 M135i

johnboyblue
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by johnboyblue » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:39 am

Luv it enjoy.
220d Active Tourer Luxury Xdrive and loads of goodies.
M135i Estoril Blue, 5 Door, Auto,(wish it had xdrive)
BMW 328i F30 Luxury Mineral Grey, Manual.

yummy
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by yummy » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:27 pm

Very nice, thanks for the pix.
3dr, 125i M Sport, Sports Auto, M Brakes, AW.

dorsetred
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by dorsetred » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:57 pm

Many thanks for your comments, I have to be honest I liked the look of the vehicle when I saw the initial press releases last February but to be frank it's totally different up close and even more so when you drive the car irrespective of the engine size be it Petrol or Diesel to my mind it's all a matter of practicality. I thought the 1-series coupe was brilliant but unfortunately despite only being 5ft 8inches and SWMBO 5ft nothing both of us begin to feel cramped in the cabin despite many advantages such as a huge boot having made the change with no regrets whatsoever in doing so.

I think if people who criticize the look take the time to test the car they'll form a completely different opinion to my mind I was genuinely surprised who the flexibility of the 218i that we tried but I'd already made the specification of what I felt was ideal for us and made the final decision after the test drive even having the Area Manager involved because of the deal I was after.

I should add my daily drive is a MY14 Auto Toyota Land Cruiser with a 4-Litre engine so why do I need to have a bigger engine when back in the UK with all the cameras etc obviously not but when I was back for Christmas and the car had only 293 miles on the speedo I did give it some welly especially on the A34 and M40 :lol:

Allan 8)
Previous - MY13 F22 118d Sports Plus, MY11 Honda Civic V-Tech Type R GT, MY09 Volvo C-30 1.8 R-Design, MY01 Honda HRV, too many more.

Octavius
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Octavius » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:36 pm

The front looks quite aggressive. I like it.
MY SIGNATURE STOPPED WORKING AFTER AN UPDATE.

techathy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by techathy » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:42 pm

I was in Elms Cambridge a while back... even their SE(?) looked nice! Much better than the Merc B series.
Current: Valencia Orange Z4 35iS
Gone: Mineral White BMW F20 120d xDrive Sport

rusty13

Post by rusty13 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:49 pm

Looks stunning!
M135i Estoril Blue - 5 Door - Manual

johnboyblue
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by johnboyblue » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:07 pm

Luv the colour. its what I wanted but is only available. with. the msport. so settled. with the luxury to have the extras you can't. have with the msport
220d Active Tourer Luxury Xdrive and loads of goodies.
M135i Estoril Blue, 5 Door, Auto,(wish it had xdrive)
BMW 328i F30 Luxury Mineral Grey, Manual.

Kiwi
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Kiwi » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:20 am

Enjoy your people mover I'll enjoy my drivers car
2016 BMW 225xe M Sport Mineral White
2015 BMW 220i M Sport Convertible Black Sapphire

AW_Dan
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by AW_Dan » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:54 am

Kiwi wrote:Enjoy your people mover I'll enjoy my drivers car
Have I missed something here? That comment makes you sound like a bit of a tool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
F20 | M135i | AW | Auto | Adaptive Suspension | Pro Media | HK Audio | Sun Protection | Visibility Pack | Comfort Pack | Heated Seats | PDC F&R

MPE | Black Grilles | Splitter | H&R Springs | Carbon Mirror Covers | Dare DR X2 | JB4 | BCS HF DP

AW_Dan
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by AW_Dan » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:56 am

That's the best looking 2AT I've seen OP, I wasn't sold on them to begin with but like all BMWs of late it's grown on me. In the class it's in it's by far the nicest car

F20 | M135i | AW | Auto | Adaptive Suspension | Pro Media | HK Audio | Sun Protection | Visibility Pack | Comfort Pack | Heated Seats | PDC F&R

MPE | Black Grilles | Splitter | H&R Springs | Carbon Mirror Covers | Dare DR X2 | JB4 | BCS HF DP

Kiwi
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Kiwi » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:25 am

AW_Dan wrote:

Well their you go I'm a tool which is handy better than being a dick.

I'm saying it how it is, rear wheel car for a drivers car, why do you think great drivers cars are all rear well drive.

I'm happy he enjoys his people mover I'm a true BMW owner and rear wheel drive is were it is, not a Mini dressed in different clothing.

dorsetred
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by dorsetred » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:55 am

Kiwi wrote:
AW_Dan wrote:

Well their you go I'm a tool which is handy better than being a dick.

I'm saying it how it is, rear wheel car for a drivers car, why do you think great drivers cars are all rear well drive.

I'm happy he enjoys his people mover I'm a true BMW owner and rear wheel drive is were it is, not a Mini dressed in different clothing.
I appreciate the fact you dislike the styling and design of the Active Tourer however my daily drive is a 4-Litre MY14 Toyota Landcruiser which is totally necessary working in Saudi Arabia just for your information there are more people killed or injured here than anywhere else worldwide.

When at home I don't need to drive like I do here not crazy but lunatic style and hence why we made the decision to buy the type of car we felt we needed for the future especially as I'm past retirement age and come 2017 we'll both have retired with a car intended for the future.

In 1988 in Oman I had a Toyota Supra 2.8 Injected Coupe which drove like a dream and to be perfectly honest if I was perhaps twenty years younger I'd love a new M3 or M4 but our main problem is we wouldn't be able to get it down the drive and into the garage as we're somewhat limited due to the width between chimney breast and the fence which is a real pain in the butt.

Allan 8)

Kiwi
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Kiwi » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:26 am

I appreciate the fact you dislike the styling and design of the Active Tourer however my daily drive is a 4-Litre MY14 Toyota Landcruiser which is totally necessary working in Saudi Arabia just for your information there are more people killed or injured here than anywhere else worldwide.

When at home I don't need to drive like I do here not crazy but lunatic style and hence why we made the decision to buy the type of car we felt we needed for the future especially as I'm past retirement age and come 2017 we'll both have retired with a car intended for the future.

In 1988 in Oman I had a Toyota Supra 2.8 Injected Coupe which drove like a dream and to be perfectly honest if I was perhaps twenty years younger I'd love a new M3 or M4 but our main problem is we wouldn't be able to get it down the drive and into the garage as we're somewhat limited due to the width between chimney breast and the fence which is a real pain in the butt.

Allan 8)
[/quote]

As I said enjoy the car. I'm close to retirement as well but will not retire I'll just keep busy and enjoy working and the car we have been looking at getting back into is the convertible 2 series as well keep our new 116i m sport. I'm not interested in a M car I enjoy driving them on BMW invite track days only.

What I'm saying is BMW has eaten its words in going front wheel drive and could have just stayed with Mini. Maybe BMW is going to sell off Mini now they will not need it.

Return to “F45, F46 (2014 - tbd)”