225xe

Find out more about the BMW 2 Series F45 & F46
The BMW 2 Series Active Tourer F45 (2014-)
The BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer F46 (2015-)

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis

HoR

Re: 225xe

Postby HoR » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:30 pm

dorsetred wrote:
Kiwi wrote:Seems a long wait February for your new wheels as it doesn't have to travel far not like mine which its delivery was to the bottom of the world.
You'll become a totally different driver with your XE and you'll need to learn a new way of using the petrol engine and battery together to save on fuel. Mine has travelled 5,518 ks with a fuel milage from new at 3.8L per 100ks. The car has traveled 3,121ks on battery and the maximum distance you'll travel on a full petrol tank and battery is 402ks as I have just fuelled up and charged the battery tonight on a warm night. You'll travel more if you charge the battery with the engine as you go and use the battery once charged when driving down hill or slow driving areas.

BMW are only taking orders now for the M Sport version from Q1 and won't commence on the build before then as I discovered when I contacted Tony (TRL) who advised this which explains the long delay. Thought your comments re changing manner of driving are quite valuable especially since you've had the experience now and passing on the details can only be helpful.

dorsetred 8)

In car manufacturing terms is the Q1 reference the calendar year i.e. from January, or the financial - from April? In which case, I think that February 24th delivery estimate might be a little awry.

Kiwi
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Kiwi » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:19 am

HoR wrote:Ouch! Would the Alloygators have protected against that, do you think? I'd never heard of 'em before logging on here.

It would look odd and not really me having Alloygators on the rims I would feel like a nanny driver :shock: . I just have to be more careful :banghead:
2016 BMW 225xe M Sport Mineral White
2015 BMW 220i M Sport Convertible Black Sapphire

HoR

Postby HoR » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:00 pm

Kiwi wrote:
HoR wrote:Ouch! Would the Alloygators have protected against that, do you think? I'd never heard of 'em before logging on here.

It would look odd and not really me having Alloygators on the rims I would feel like a nanny driver :shock: . I just have to be more careful :banghead:

You're lucky, I need all the help I can get!! :shock:

mclaren11

Postby mclaren11 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:32 am

You're a jewel, much appreciated. I'll scrutinize those strings in detail! Furthermore, no, we won't get any merchant prescribed washing and purging pack... (despite everything we have a 'somewhat costly' pack brimming with treats from our last Bimmer ;))

Kiwi
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Kiwi » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:21 am

I cannot see Alloygators working as the M Sport aluminium rim centres protrude a lot more than the aluminium flange holding the tyre on. A lot of our street storm water gutters are built out of stone with very rough side.
2016 BMW 225xe M Sport Mineral White
2015 BMW 220i M Sport Convertible Black Sapphire

Return to “F45, F46 (2014 - tbd)”