225xe

Find out more about the BMW 2 Series F45 & F46
The BMW 2 Series Active Tourer F45 (2014-)
The BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer F46 (2015-)

Moderators: Lambster, Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis

HookyMan

Re: 225xe

Post by HookyMan » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:31 pm

wow 45% is a massive difference. Do you loose much mileage using the pre conditioning timer? Or does it use the mains supply?

Its getting colder here, my first windscreen scrape of the winter this morning.... Still hopefully will have a nice warm pre heated 225 some time in January.

Chatting to my neighbour over the weekend, he was asking about hybrid cars and travailing through floods, or fords. Its a point I hadn't considered, does the manual have anything to say on wading depth? I go splashing through the ford at the end of our village without a second thought, I would assume that the 225xe motor must be reasonably well waterproofed?

dorsetred
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by dorsetred » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:45 am

Kiwi wrote:Dorsetred Check pricing to change your 2014 AT to a 2016/17 225xe. I understand you can receive subsidies and what I've been reading some of these subsidies are being remove around the world and may be cheaper than you think it is to change. Watch diesel resale as the word is diesels are becoming harder to sell due to VW cheating as well countries trying to ban diesels and cars like the 225xe, X5e will replace diesels. The only diesel BMWs are selling here now is 5, 7, AT & X models.
Hi Kiwi

Fully spec'd version is close to a retail price of £42K with no offers available whatsoever through BMW UK so it's going to be very interesting to see what the local dealer comes up with but frankly I can't see them doing too much. I believe from Tony's (TRL) comment in a pm to me recently he's been advised it may be a little early to change and probably better to see how the 225xe fares in the UK before changing, realistically it's always going to come down to bottom line figures before making a final decision for obvious reasons.

In relation to the diesel fiasco I can understand and accept your comment however due to the volume of diesel cars in the UK it's going to be some considerable time particularly in the case of BMW before the real impact is felt and appropriate action taken especially with Euro 6 regulations being increased as each day goes by. If anything it's quite possible the UK Government may introduce some sort of test procedure to be undertaken on all diesels to ensure they conform to very strict emission control and naturally increase the fuel cost itself to attempt to "encourage" owners to change to petrol, battery or combination of the two as in the 225xe X5e etc.

Allan 8)
[/color]Current MY15 F45 218d M Sport Active Tourer
Previous - MY13 F22 118d Sports Plus, MY11 Honda Civic V-Tech Type R GT, MY09 Volvo C-30 1.8 R-Design, MY01 Honda HRV, too many more.

Kiwi
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Kiwi » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:20 am

The car is always parked in our garage and we only have around 5 small frosts over winter which is gone by 8am. Nothing I have read or seen about water depth. The batteries are in a sealed unit and I don't see a problem you'll just have to be below the engine fresh air intact as you do with all cars.

I don't know a thing about cars in England I was just guessing. I thought England would be like America who have subsidies.
The main reason I purchased the 225xe is we are able to drive in bus only and carpool lanes at the end of this year.
2016 BMW 225xe M Sport Mineral White
2015 BMW 220i M Sport Convertible Black Sapphire

HoR

Post by HoR » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:33 pm

Well. we've just pushed the old button on a new 225xe M-sport in Estoril blue with Driver plus, but, we're lacking a sunrooof and the H&K stereo and the Danish King's telephone connection... Phew. It's coming at the end of February, so we've our current, reliable as anything Lexus CT until then, at least.

One thing we both wanted when we replaced our really reliable car, was something that had really moved on in 5 years - and that, in the main, was with regard to the CO2 output and mpg; unfortunately (for Lexus) their car hasn't moved on anything, unlike its sister, the Prius, and it certainly doesn't do what the Outlander, the Merc 350e and our new Bimmer does. Which, when all is said and done is halve the CO2 emissions and, generally both our commutes to work daily; both figures we're hoping to achieve in the Beemer. Just a quick question: what extras should we have gone for? This is going to be our main, joint, car - we don't need more than one and do no more than 18 miles/p day commute, with an occasional, bi-monthly, journey of >100miles.

We both like hybrids, and, prior to the Lexus we did have a Beemer (a 116i) - what should we be aware of?
Current - MY17 F45 225xe iPerformance M Sport Active Tourer in Estoril Blue with a Saddle Brown interior. Arrived 7th March.

Current: Ultra blue Lexus CT200h

Previous: BMW 116i in cheap black nastiness

dorsetred
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by dorsetred » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:52 am

Welcome to the forum and I've no doubt that Kiwi will soon respond with input regarding the 225xe as he's really been clocking the miles up since he's had the car :lol:

From our side with the 218d M Sport in Estoril Blue I'm inclined to say it's quite possibly one of the best cars we've owned and no regrets whatsoever in changing from the MY13 Coupe we had previously mainly because of having so much more room in the car! We've got electric heated seats plus HK music system and wouldn't be without those but do wish I'd specified Sat Nav Pro Plus as the benefits are obvious when you consider the additional add-on costs after the event.

dorsetred 8)
Previous - MY13 F22 118d Sports Plus, MY11 Honda Civic V-Tech Type R GT, MY09 Volvo C-30 1.8 R-Design, MY01 Honda HRV, too many more.

jam80s

Post by jam80s » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:09 pm

I ordered mine at end of August, due into build next week, should get it mid November :band:
Had it: 120d xdrive M sport,

Got, 225XE Luxury, Flamenco Red, Grey Leather, driver comfort pack, Technology Pack, Nav Plus, sun protection glass, ext folding mirrors, sports seats, heated seats, traffic jam assistant, active cruise.

HoR

Post by HoR » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:44 pm

Thanks for the welcome! Ours should be in the dealer on the 24th Feb, so we'll hold off a couple of days to secure a 17 plate, I think. We've gone for the Nav+, Tech package and Driver Comfort with Driving Asst +, we've also accepted the Young'un's demand for dark glass , hers for heated seats and mine for the BMW Advanced speakers. Not sure my Yorkshire roots could cope with the extra £300 (daft, I know as we've just specced a 40k car...) for the HK. I've become so used to listening to tunes on the PC or phone, that my better half managed to get me to package up my beloved stereo and speakers into the garage by saying I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I suppose the last decade of constant nagging and the constant stream of drivel my Young'un spouts has deafened me somewhat (I'm being mean, it's not constant as the pair of them sleep...!). One thing I couldn't fathom with this car was the lack of blind-spot monitoring, especially considering the C pillar's size. It was almost a deal-breaker.

Interestingly, to get the safety features we've specced into the Beemer, it would have cost about £5k less for a new Lexus CT (and access to their lovely dealerships and customer service (faultless)) - however. we're averaging 44mpg over the life of the car (monthly 100m motorway trip) and the electric range is measly in comparison with what I believe we should get from the 2 series. In effect (we both work close to each other) and within an 4.2m each way commute, that most of our trips will be run on electric power (the Lexus' petrol engine kicks in at 27mph). I think, over 4-5 years (our normal period of ownership) we might just break even and be proud of the fact we're saving the polar bears at the same time.

EDIT: I really like the Flamenco red, and it's a shame they don't do the M Sport variant in that colour - it's the first red car I think I've liked since the Countach. Not actually seen the AT in Estoril blue - I'd have been happy enough with white, but our Lexus is a nice blue and I think the better half really wanted something that stands out. You don't have any pics of yours in the daylight do you Dorsetred?
Current - MY17 F45 225xe iPerformance M Sport Active Tourer in Estoril Blue with a Saddle Brown interior. Arrived 7th March.

dorsetred
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by dorsetred » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:33 am

HoR wrote:Thanks for the welcome! Ours should be in the dealer on the 24th Feb, so we'll hold off a couple of days to secure a 17 plate, I think. We've gone for the Nav+, Tech package and Driver Comfort with Driving Asst +, we've also accepted the Young'un's demand for dark glass , hers for heated seats and mine for the BMW Advanced speakers.

EDIT: I really like the Flamenco red, and it's a shame they don't do the M Sport variant in that colour - it's the first red car I think I've liked since the Countach. Not actually seen the AT in Estoril blue - I'd have been happy enough with white, but our Lexus is a nice blue and I think the better half really wanted something that stands out. You don't have any pics of yours in the daylight do you Dorsetred?
Yes you can see the following threads: -

http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=68056

http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=68578

http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=70165

When we were at the dealers we drove I believe a 218i in Flamenco Red which my wife liked that colour but obviously went for Estoril Blue as I'd already decided prior to the test drive and have to say I've no regrets at all especially when it's clean! :lol:

One point I would definitely recommend having the car professionally detailed before you go too far with it and fortunately you've plenty of time to check on the forum in respect to where you live for recommended companies. As everyone will advise don't bother whatsoever with the dealer's offer as their products and final finish are nowhere near as good especially with a car costing £40K plus you'll be far better laying out the funds with the detailer.

dorsetred 8)

HoR

Post by HoR » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:18 pm

You're a gem, thanks. I'll peruse those threads in detail! And no, we won't be getting any dealer-recommended washing and cleansing kit... (we still have a 'rather expensive' bag full of goodies from our last Bimmer ;))

EDIT: Aye, that car has a stunning colour. Looks great from any quarter (not sure about the front, still, but every other view is quite good at least). Could I just ask one of those interminable questions, and it's not so much for me as for the nipper (honest guv) but the 'switchable' ambient lighting... I've managed to find (for him) on Youtube a video of an X5 switching between the three M colours of blue, orange and white (and combinations thereof down low) is this similar for the M Sport AT? I don't suppose you have night-time photos (I cannot believe I'm asking this on an internet forum...)? :shock:

dorsetred
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by dorsetred » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:05 am

HoR wrote:You're a gem, thanks. I'll peruse those threads in detail! And no, we won't be getting any dealer-recommended washing and cleansing kit... (we still have a 'rather expensive' bag full of goodies from our last Bimmer ;))

EDIT: Aye, that car has a stunning colour. Looks great from any quarter (not sure about the front, still, but every other view is quite good at least). Could I just ask one of those interminable questions, and it's not so much for me as for the nipper (honest guv) but the 'switchable' ambient lighting... I've managed to find (for him) on Youtube a video of an X5 switching between the three M colours of blue, orange and white (and combinations thereof down low) is this similar for the M Sport AT? I don't suppose you have night-time photos (I cannot believe I'm asking this on an internet forum...)? :shock:
Not an issue whatsoever after all this is what the forum is all about, unfortunately I don't have any night-time photographs but I can definitely confirm you can change between white and orange, I don't think we've got a blue on ours and this may be only applicable on a true "M" version as opposed to an M Sport.

I recommended detailing because of your two kiddies which prompted me to think you may have your time fully occupied especially as generally it takes two days for the complete job!

dorsetred 8)

Kiwi
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Kiwi » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:48 am

Seems a long wait February for your new wheels as it doesn't have to travel far not like mine which its delivery was to the bottom of the world.
You'll become a totally different driver with your XE and you'll need to learn a new way of using the petrol engine and battery together to save on fuel. Mine has travelled 5,518 ks with a fuel milage from new at 3.8L per 100ks. The car has traveled 3,121ks on battery and the maximum distance you'll travel on a full petrol tank and battery is 402ks as I have just fuelled up and charged the battery tonight on a warm night. You'll travel more if you charge the battery with the engine as you go and use the battery once charged when driving down hill or slow driving areas.

dorsetred
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by dorsetred » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:13 am

Kiwi wrote:Seems a long wait February for your new wheels as it doesn't have to travel far not like mine which its delivery was to the bottom of the world.
You'll become a totally different driver with your XE and you'll need to learn a new way of using the petrol engine and battery together to save on fuel. Mine has travelled 5,518 ks with a fuel milage from new at 3.8L per 100ks. The car has traveled 3,121ks on battery and the maximum distance you'll travel on a full petrol tank and battery is 402ks as I have just fuelled up and charged the battery tonight on a warm night. You'll travel more if you charge the battery with the engine as you go and use the battery once charged when driving down hill or slow driving areas.
BMW are only taking orders now for the M Sport version from Q1 and won't commence on the build before then as I discovered when I contacted Tony (TRL) who advised this which explains the long delay. Thought your comments re changing manner of driving are quite valuable especially since you've had the experience now and passing on the details can only be helpful.

dorsetred 8)

HoR

Post by HoR » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:03 pm

dorsetred wrote:
HoR wrote:You're a gem, thanks. I'll peruse those threads in detail! And no, we won't be getting any dealer-recommended washing and cleansing kit... (we still have a 'rather expensive' bag full of goodies from our last Bimmer ;))

Not an issue whatsoever after all this is what the forum is all about, unfortunately I don't have any night-time photographs but I can definitely confirm you can change between white and orange, I don't think we've got a blue on ours and this may be only applicable on a true "M" version as opposed to an M Sport.

I recommended detailing because of your two kiddies which prompted me to think you may have your time fully occupied especially as generally it takes two days for the complete job!

dorsetred 8)
Well, I managed to get a Karcher out of insisting I clean the car - but I'm bloomin' useless... I think we're going to have to get the Lexus detailed before we sell it on. I'll have a look to see if anyone can recommend anyone all the way up 'ere.

And thanks for the info on driving Kiwi, we're already pretty clued up on trying to keep things electric, coasting and just lifting off the accelerator for the regen, it's just our current car's EV range isn't so good, nor is the max-electric only speed - the ICE kicks in at 27MPH (which isn't terrible for all the fully urban driving) but we've only about a few miles of fully electric range unfortunately, so I'm looking forward to getting a realistic 12-18m of EV for once.

Kiwi
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Kiwi » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:29 am

dorsetred wrote:
Kiwi wrote:Seems a long wait February for your new wheels as it doesn't have to travel far not like mine which its delivery was to the bottom of the world.
BMW are only taking orders now for the M Sport version from Q1 and won't commence on the build before then as I discovered when I contacted Tony (TRL) who advised this which explains the long delay. Thought your comments re changing manner of driving are quite valuable especially since you've had the experience now and passing on the details can only be helpful.

dorsetred 8)
My fuel saving is 181L from new so you'll really need to be a high milage user on slow roads to really save. I use 91 petrol and have done on every BMW I've owned even our Z4 3l for 3 years. Their's no fuel saving using 98 or extra power I have notice as I do every so often use 98. The reason for owning this car is to save using petrol and saving running cost so 91 is the way to go. The thing I do enjoy is the power of the engine and battery combined which puts out 225bhp and 6.7s 0-100kph.
I have just damaged my second wheel rim as you don't have the tyre to protect the rim as the rims stick out past the tyre wall. A lot of our street storm water gutters are stone so they are very rough and some of our roads are narrow. It's the price of using this car for work and work does pay for the repairs even though I own the car. The rims are expensive to repair as the parts of the rims I damage are polish aluminium with a very square face.

HoR

Post by HoR » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:27 pm

Ouch! Would the Alloygators have protected against that, do you think? I'd never heard of 'em before logging on here.

Return to “F45, F46 (2014 - tbd)”