Passenger door mirror park assist

Find out more about the BMW 2 Series F45 & F46
The BMW 2 Series Active Tourer F45 (2014-)
The BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer F46 (2015-)

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

sundodger

Passenger door mirror park assist

Post by sundodger » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:55 pm

Don't know if this is a generally known thing or not ? Please forgive my ignorance if it is.
Had to reverse the car up the drive & her indoors had been fiddling with the mirrors. Adjusted drivers side mirror, then put in reverse...When I did this, noticed that the passenger side mirror dipped down, giving a clear view of the ground ! Never noticed this before, as not touched door mirrors since orig adjustment. It only happens when mirror adjustment is set to drivers side & returns to normal when taken out of reverse...quite handy for parking !
2016 BMW Active Tourer 216d

dorsetred
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Passenger door mirror park assist

Post by dorsetred » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:27 am

Hi sundodger

Yes, you're correct in relation to this being standard as soon as I got in ours that was the first thing I turned off and many others on here have done the same with their cars irrespective of 1 or 2 series.

dorsetred 8)
[/color]Mercedes-AMG GLA 45
Previous - BMW 218d M Sport Active Tourer, BMW 118d, Honda Civic V-Tech Type R GT, Volvo C-30 1.8 R-Design, Honda HRV

OneTwenty
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Passenger door mirror park assist

Post by OneTwenty » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:58 am

This is part of the folding mirrors option and very useful, set it to drivers side to activate and set it the other way to deactivate.
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise

Return to “F45, F46 (2014 - tbd)”