Baby BMW Forum banner

Sport mode Vs Sport +

10K views 57 replies 21 participants last post by  binocular 
#1 ·
So what's the difference then?

I have put it in sport+ And got the car sideways which felt lovely but yesterday I did the same and felt it resisted slightly ( I was properly sideways at the time) but never the less I thought sport + removed all safety nets!

Any thought guys?

Sal

#57 ·
binocular said:
HammyUK said:
joshR said:
Trackdays or better yet, drift days.

Oulton park run a few from time to time. Its pretty cheap (usually £90) and the surface is concrete with a high glass content - meaning its super slippy and you can get sideways at low speeds and really learn your car.

Oh and you may find it tough to hold a nice slide in a 118D!

Josh..
FTFY
Oulton is a fantastic circuit. There are not many slow corners though (perhaps Fosters thru to Knickerbrook on the Clubman circuit) but there are also some seriously fast corners when taken at racing speed. I am not embarrassed to say that I drew the line at thinking about being sideways through Druids or Old Hall - happy to call it lack or talent/balls or probably both ☹

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Binocular,

I didn't mean the main circuit. At Oulton Park there is the main circuit used for racing/ trackdays a rally circuit (where you can hire there prepped GT86's or the drift circuit - specific for drifting, it short and tight, no high speed/ game over business (although at an MLR sprint there a car went into the tyres sideways and almost flipped!). Take a look next time you're there - its on the right just after you go over the bridge.

Josh..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.