And so here it is, merry tourer, everybody's having fun...

Find out more about the BMW 2 Series F45 & F46
The BMW 2 Series Active Tourer F45 (2014-)
The BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer F46 (2015-)

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

HookyMan

Re: And so here it is, merry tourer, everybody's having fun...

Post by HookyMan » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:49 am

Sorry about the double post, if I could work out how to attach a picture from an iphone I'd share it! Anyway platinum silver, 385 wheels, kept the options down as company car to comfort pack, auto dim mirrors, and run flat's. My kids were desperate for the pano roof, but took it over my grade allowance.

HoR

Post by HoR » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:49 am

Doncaster, eh? Have you been a bad lad at work? Used to work near there myself, and the people are great - the place? It's all a bit like the 2000s never happened.

The platinum silver is nice, there's one in that colour near the in-law's house and it looks smart as anything.
Current - MY17 F45 225xe iPerformance M Sport Active Tourer in Estoril Blue with a Saddle Brown interior. Arrived 7th March.

Current: Ultra blue Lexus CT200h

Previous: BMW 116i in cheap black nastiness

Stegosaurus
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Stegosaurus » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:30 am

Liking the colour, estoril blue has always had a special place in my heart.

I'm in two minds about the AT. Some angles it looks good, other angles it looks a bit meh. Not sure I'm a fan of the flap on the wing, surely BMW could have hidden it better than that? Even with a bigger fuel flap on the rear to hold both the fuel nozzle and electric cap??

Other than that, I do kinda like these cars. Gives me something to be hopeful about when I get older and get burdened with kids :lol:

Bet the 225 pulls pretty nicely too? I'm only in a little 118d myself, and I'm desperate for more power :lol:
Current: 2017 M140i F20 in Estoril Blue 'Lydia'
2 laps of the Nurburgring completed, 160mph achieved (autobahn)

Gone: F20 118d M Sport in Estoril Blue 'Bex'
2 laps of the Nurburgring completed, 136mph achieved (autobahn), 48k miles covered

HookyMan

Post by HookyMan » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:29 pm

Yes Doncaster this morning, York this afternoon, then back home to Oxford. Looking forward to the delights of Crewe next week! Will be interesting to see what MPG it will return on these trips. At least the company is paying.

I'm not sure the AT is the best looking car in the BMW Range at the moment, that sits with the 2 series coupe in my mind, but with two kids, camping holdiays etc etc the AT is going to be more practical. In general few cars of this generation are anything like good looking. Looking back I think the late 80's/early 90's was the last period of good looking cars, with Peugeot, BMW, and Mercedes all producing fantasic sharp looking cars. Now feeling old!!

The A3 etron I tested had the charger socket hidden behind the audi badge in the front grill, probably a better design, but you need to park front end on to the chargers.

HoR

Post by HoR » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:48 am

Stegosaurus wrote:Liking the colour, estoril blue has always had a special place in my heart.

I'm in two minds about the AT. Some angles it looks good, other angles it looks a bit meh. Not sure I'm a fan of the flap on the wing, surely BMW could have hidden it better than that? Even with a bigger fuel flap on the rear to hold both the fuel nozzle and electric cap??

Other than that, I do kinda like these cars. Gives me something to be hopeful about when I get older and get burdened with kids :lol:

Bet the 225 pulls pretty nicely too? I'm only in a little 118d myself, and I'm desperate for more power :lol:
I agree with you 100%. Yes, from some angles (rear 3/4 and from a slightly elevated side-on) it looks as good as anything on the road. Straight on? A bit gawky and ungainly. Then again, the 1er isn't the best looking thing either, nor our Lexus (utterly horrid from rear 3/4 for example). There are few cars nowadays which are stunning all round I'd warrant.

The car is great for when you've an additional ankle-biter/chain :D . The oaf loves it in there with his own LEDs glowing, slightly reclined (I've shown him how he can sit upright with the handy strap, so he thinks the normal setting is reclined...) and the boot is bigger than more or less any other hybrid (the Lexus is surprisingly big, but still loses 25l to the Bimmer) I don't like the plastic parcel shelf, preferring a tonneau cover like the Lexus has but there's loads of tethers and hooks and such like to make the back as useful as anything. There's also a small underfloor section we'll be able to keep our other plug in when it arrives.

And she does have a bit of kick as well; managed to miscalculate an entry onto a roundabout yesterday :shock: but put the old boot down and she pulled away like no-one's business. Problem averted. Yep. This Bimmer (so far) is a good-un.
Current - MY17 F45 225xe iPerformance M Sport Active Tourer in Estoril Blue with a Saddle Brown interior. Arrived 7th March.

HoR

Post by HoR » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:51 am

HookyMan wrote:
The A3 etron I tested had the charger socket hidden behind the audi badge in the front grill, probably a better design, but you need to park front end on to the chargers.
Aye, that's a good place to hide the charging socket. It'd have to be a BLOODY HUGE roundel to house the socket on a Bimmer though! :lol:

HookyMan

Post by HookyMan » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:25 am

Well its here, and I have the keys. 20 miles and 9% charge on the clock. Had a good luck round, unfortunately the seagulls have been using it for target practice for the last few days!

car looks fine, small interior scuff on the trim by the A pillar, and oddly a new razor blade tucked in behind one of the gas struts on the tailgate!

Driven it round to the charging point and its now plugged in showing 2 hours to charge.

Connected it to the BMW app on both my personal and company phones, oddly the iphone app seems to have no charging options, but the android app has the ability to set departure times remotely...

Now time to read the manual before having a play at lunch time.

dorsetred
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by dorsetred » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:51 am

Congratulations on collecting the car perhaps the razor blade was a free gift from BM? :lol:

dorsetred 8)
[/color]Mercedes-AMG GLA 45
Previous - BMW 218d M Sport Active Tourer, BMW 118d, Honda Civic V-Tech Type R GT, Volvo C-30 1.8 R-Design, Honda HRV

HoR

Post by HoR » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:00 pm

HookyMan wrote:Well its here, and I have the keys. 20 miles and 9% charge on the clock. Had a good luck round, unfortunately the seagulls have been using it for target practice for the last few days!

car looks fine, small interior scuff on the trim by the A pillar, and oddly a new razor blade tucked in behind one of the gas struts on the tailgate!

Driven it round to the charging point and its now plugged in showing 2 hours to charge.

Connected it to the BMW app on both my personal and company phones, oddly the iphone app seems to have no charging options, but the android app has the ability to set departure times remotely...

Now time to read the manual before having a play at lunch time.
Unhappily we had a small scuff on the nearside A pillar as well... I wonder what they're up to...

Return to “F45, F46 (2014 - tbd)”