Baby BMW Forum banner

| My e82 120d on Airride - Update |

30K views 219 replies 45 participants last post by  HarveyBuh 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

So i've been on here for a little while now and I haven't properly introduced my car to you all. :rollseyes:

I started off with a VW Polo R Line for my first car which I loved. I had it lowered on coilovers (very low) and was running spacers all round. Soooo yeah.. I'm into the 'stanced' scene. :lol2: But it was too slow for me as it was only a little 1.2 :| So a new car was in order.

I bought my beemer back in January as a belated 18th birthday present to myself (19 now), and since then the modding bug has just hit me.. HARD!! :lol2: (thanks to you lot).

It's a 2013 120d e82 (coupe) Sport Plus Edition in Carbon Black. She's got all the goodies.. except Sat Nav and xenons :redface: which I'm gutted about. Oh.. and it's an auto. BUT, I have flappy paddles :lol2:
I originally wanted a 125i or a 135i but my insurance didn't agree with me! So I thought a 120d was a good starter in the BMW world :D

Since purchasing I've done a few subtle changes.

- BMWP Black kidney grills
- SSDD Carbon diffuser
- Airlift Performance struts & bags with 3P mangement
- Diamond Visions Bulbs (with sidelights)
- LED conversion (throughout the car)

** Thing's left to do **

- Custom exhaust (EMP)
- Remap
- Interior changes (steering wheels, trims)
- BMWP front bumper and side skirts (maybe)
- Xenon retrofit (eventually)

Can't think of anything else yet, but i'm sure you guys will help me out :lol2:

I have some new wheels which I will reveal when when I pick the car up on Saturday :D she's getting some treatment, VERY exciting treatment, which I hope you guys will like :D

Anyway, I'll leave you with some pictures :spotman: :celebrate:

The day I decided "she is the one" :lol2:

This is how she stands at the moment.. but not for long

See less See more
#178 ·
Squibby said:
Looks amazing, have any problems fitting the bumper ? I found my rep bumper sat lower than the msport bumper so had a gap with the arch liners ? Also liking those double slat grills [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers bud! Yeah the bumper was an ass to fit. Still got a slight gap in the arch, but it's secure so not too worried :rollseyes: yeah the double slat grills really suit our cars!

#180 ·
That looks insane man, I think I might be more excited than you[emoji16]
Is the colour gunna be crazy?

#182 ·
HarveyBuh said:
ApexLG said:
That looks insane man, I think I might be more excited than you[emoji16]
Is the colour gunna be crazy?

Nothing crazy bro! Just keeping it nice and simple, wanting a mean look :twisted:
Sounds mint, will I expect to see much of it this show season? :cool2:

#188 ·
Damn Harvey how come Eurospotter's instagram saw it first and not us :(

#189 ·
Yo guys,

So a big update as my car has changed drastically lol. Got the car back a couple weeks a go from being wrapped and since then I've fit everything onto the car properly/securely :lol2:

I had the car wrapped in 3M Satin dark grey, and wow. I absolutely love it! It needs to be seen in person to actually see how nice the colour is. Once I got the car back I went down to my mates unit and fit everything to the car.
Before getting the car wrapped I also fit my CSL bootlid, which was also a ballache. But I got there in the end.

The 1M bumper has been paired up with 1M ducts and a GT4 style front splitter. Makes the front look so mean, and it now sits on the floor haha :lol2:

I've also had some side skirt splitters fitted as my car needed something along the side, and they make the car look much better. Finishes it off nicely! If anyone wants a set my mate who owns Unique Customs is in the process of making a load, so they should be ready soon! (if you want a set)

The car is booked in for a backbox delete with a twin tip on the 25th of this month, and I will also be getting tyres for my new wheels. So hopefully they'll be on ASAP.

That's enough talking anyway lol, Here are some pictures :D

#198 ·
rubberduckzilla said:
Looking good bud! Can't wait to see it with the wheels...

Where did you get the CSL style bootlid from? Been looking at the Schmiedmann one but not seen anyone else running them... hows the fit etc.?
Thanks mate! I got mine from MStyle bud. I think it's exactly the same as the one off Schmiedmann! The fit is okay but at the end of the day it's an aftermarket product! There's a small gap around the lights but can't really notice it mate!
But actually fitting it to the car was piece of **** :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.