Baby BMW Forum banner

More st msport grumbles

1K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  Phil131 
#1 ·
Ordered a carbon spoiler from them via eBay it arrived this morning. Opened it up to find it was completely broken and damaged. It's cracked/split right along the bend where it tucks back on its self and has crack marks all over it. Will upload pics when I can. Requested a refund this morning and there reply was offer me a partial refund and to get it repaired. It's unrepairsble for a start.i don't want to spend that sort of money to have a repaired product. Ridiculous should of just let me post it back to them I've sent them pics of all the damage aswell.

#8 ·
Phil131 said:
Yes I have done it wasn't packaged very well at all. They came back offered me a partial refund and to get it repaired refused it so waiting to hear back from them. The weave etc on the item looks spot on to be fair.

This is what I ordered:

That item is covered by the ebay money back guarantee, you should have no difficulty getting this sorted.

#11 ·
I had the same issue with the one I ordered from a different seller, clearly come from the same place in some far east area. Mine was split where it bends back on itself also on the left side.

It also had NO chance of fitting an E82 as it was flat unlike the E82 bootlid, clearly for an E88. Got my money back pretty sharpish from them and they paid for it to come back too. Quite happy but did say to them that they will be receiving a good few back if they have sold some to E82 owners.

The quality was utterly disgraceful though. I wouldn't even entertain putting it on my car if it did fit.

Got one from China in the end that comes sprayed, not a single issue, perfect fit and colour match is spot on too. £75. CANNOT argue.

#12 ·
Danny_Boy said:
I had the same issue with the one I ordered from a different seller, clearly come from the same place in some far east area. Mine was split where it bends back on itself also on the left side.

It also had NO chance of fitting an E82 as it was flat unlike the E82 bootlid, clearly for an E88. Got my money back pretty sharpish from them and they paid for it to come back too. Quite happy but did say to them that they will be receiving a good few back if they have sold some to E82 owners.

The quality was utterly disgraceful though. I wouldn't even entertain putting it on my car if it did fit.

Got one from China in the end that comes sprayed, not a single issue, perfect fit and colour match is spot on too. £75. CANNOT argue.
Il see if this one would fit in the morning. Any chance you could post the sellers name up or pm me it to stop me from ordering from them? I'm trying to find another one reasonable priced to order now

#14 ·
LanceG said:
I take it st.msport can kiss their 100% feedback goodbye if they don't play ball :D
:D Certainly! Had a reply offered me a refund but wanted me to close the case and wouldn't refund me till I post it back. Don't really want to close the case till I get a refund as I'm not sure I will be able to open another one

#15 ·
Phil131 said:
LanceG said:
I take it st.msport can kiss their 100% feedback goodbye if they don't play ball :D
:D Certainly! Had a reply offered me a refund but wanted me to close the case and wouldn't refund me till I post it back. Don't really want to close the case till I get a refund as I'm not sure I will be able to open another one
You're right I think - you don't owe him any favours so don't do it, I would post back but leave the case open so you can still get help from ebay if there's a problem :thumbs:

#16 ·
Phil131 said:
Danny_Boy said:

Il see if this one would fit in the morning. Any chance you could post the sellers name up or pm me it to stop me from ordering from them? I'm trying to find another one reasonable priced to order now
The seller was "tunefactory"

Still selling spoilers that dont fit and saying they do.... Utterly pathetic.

I was just going to bite the bullet and buy an SSDD one in the end, as at least then you will know it fits etc. I dont trust the Carbon ones anymore as you know these crap made ones are all over the place now and could end up with the same sack of crap.

Ian83w said:
Ian ^^ bought a decent carbon spoiler but I no longer have the message where he gave me a link, any luck with it again matey?

#17 ·
He is posting me a new one out which will arrive tomorrow. I did match this one up and to be honest it doesn't look as if it would fit so I may end up returning that one! I'm kind of hoping it didn't look right because it was damaged. If this does not fit I think I will also get one from ssdd

#19 ·
Phil131 said:
If anyone could possibly send me a link to one that they know would certainly fit incase this one does not then please do! Thanks
This is the boot spoiler that I have and have recommended to quite a few members and as Danny Boy has said they fit perfect and colour match is bang on. Delivered in 5 days.

£75 with a potential import tax of £22 is still a very good price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#21 ·
Danny_Boy said:
Phil131 said:
Danny_Boy said:

I was just going to bite the bullet and buy an SSDD one in the end, as at least then you will know it fits etc. I dont trust the Carbon ones anymore as you know these crap made ones are all over the place now and could end up with the same sack of crap.

Ian83w said:
Ian ^^ bought a decent carbon spoiler but I no longer have the message where he gave me a link, any luck with it again matey?
Hi mate this is the one I had and the fit was perfect and stuck on with 3m tape. Never moved an inch if I were to get another I would purchase from them again :)

#22 ·
Ian83w said:
Danny_Boy said:
Phil131 said:

Ian83w said:
Hi mate this is the one I had and the fit was perfect and stuck on with 3m tape. Never moved an inch if I were to get another I would purchase from them again :)
I also had another painted on my n55 135 which was a spot on fit aswell and that is stuck with 3m tape also and hasn't moved so would highly recommend using that so if u ever want to remove just get some fishing wire and will come straight off.

#23 ·
Ian83w said:
Ian83w said:
Danny_Boy said:

Hi mate this is the one I had the fit was perfect and stuck on with 3m tape. Never moved an inch if I were to get another I would purchase from them again :)
I also had another painted on my n55 135 which was a spot on fit aswell and that is stuck with 3m tape also and hasn't moved so would highly recommend using that so if u ever want to remove just get some fishing wire and will come straight off.

#26 ·
From Taiwan mate or another. The one I orderd took about 2 weeks to come if that import duty cost abit £20.00 also . If u want a pic of Carbon I have some I can post

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.