Baby BMW Forum banner

A rival for Carly? Bimmercode

137K views 730 replies 147 participants last post by  ninja_geezer 
#1 ·
#428 ·
Hi guys,

Bought the app and the adapter and have successfully coded a few things. Thanks for everyone for putting their advice up.

Quick question. My front electronic module has gone missing. No idea why and have not coded anything for it yet. Anyone got any ideas? Tried leaving the car and returning and rebooting phone and using iPad and iPhone.

Emailed for support but would appreicate anyone else's input / advice.

Thanks
Dan

#430 ·
DanielP said:
Hi guys,

Bought the app and the adapter and have successfully coded a few things. Thanks for everyone for putting their advice up.

Quick question. My front electronic module has gone missing. No idea why and have not coded anything for it yet. Anyone got any ideas? Tried leaving the car and returning and rebooting phone and using iPad and iPhone.

Emailed for support but would appreicate anyone else's input / advice.

Thanks
Dan
Choose the enable slow communication in settings and try.

#431 ·
Instructor said:
What ever you have coded already, I would reverse by using previous backup and see if it comes back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks I used the back up. The owner of the app helped too as I didn't know how to get back up for all modules. He was swift to reply and all is working.

For those that don't know to restore back up for all modules you need to use the car access module. Click on this and then select the back up and push code. Worked a treat.

Have also saved backups on my desktop just in case.

Dan

#433 ·
iAde46 said:

Indicator cycles in the FEM

I have changed the indicator cycles to 5 hoping indicator flashes 5 times before going off. Yet when using the indicator stalk lightly before it clicks and stays on until you complete your turn my indicator only flashes three times which is how It comes from factory. Am I missing something? I would like it to flash 5 times when using indicator stalk lightly.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

#437 ·
So has anyone managed to use BimmerCode to enable EBT particularly the Office function on an M140i with iDrive 5.0? Followed instructions on page 5 of this thread but I ve only got 2 phones. I have the Office menu now in the iDrive but doesn't seem to do anything. Still the same music streaming, phone and apps but no msg, email viewing capability...

#438 ·
sp218 said:
So has anyone managed to use BimmerCode to enable EBT particularly the Office function on an M140i with iDrive 5.0? Followed instructions on page 5 of this thread but I ve only got 2 phones. I have the Office menu now in the iDrive but doesn't seem to do anything. Still the same music streaming, phone and apps but no msg, email viewing capability...

I have tried and tried. Exactly the same position as you mate. I think we just got to wait a bit for someone smarter to work it out and follow their instructions.

#439 ·
I think you need to go into IPhone Settings. Go on Bluetooth Menu and turn on Notifications. On your iPhone you must also ensure the email and messages are completely shutdown on your phone. Your car will only display text and emails that you receive whilst connected to your car. iPhone can't send texts via I drive so you must do this via Siri.

#440 ·
Bratters said:
I think you need to go into IPhone Settings. Go on Bluetooth Menu and turn on Notifications. On your iPhone you must also ensure the email and messages are completely shutdown on your phone. Your car will only display text and emails that you receive whilst connected to your car. iPhone can't send texts via I drive so you must do this via Siri.

Thanks Bratters. Will give that a go.

#442 ·
Hi I am new to this all . Can you tell me where I can find those settings

So new I can't even attach it to the post I need ha ha

Am looking to find where in the menus do I need to go to to activate EHB. I can see what I need to do but just can't find where these settings exists .

Cheers in advance

#443 ·
Jonesey69 said:

Am looking to find where in the menus do I need to go to to activate EHB. I can see what I need to do but just can't find where these settings exists .

Cheers in advance
Infotainment system then click on expert mode on the bottom left

#445 ·
Great thanks a bunch has now worked perfectly. Cannot tell you how chuffed I have added EBT to my F15 !!

Don't suppose you know how to change the speed on when the wings can close while moving . I have changed them on when they open but wanted to be able to close them at higher speeds

Plantjuk said:
Jonesey69 said:

Cheers in advance
Infotainment system then click on expert mode on the bottom left

#447 ·
Mailrhj said:
Hi chaps, I'm going to have a crack at swapping my rear bulbs for leds today. Does anyone know what settings I need to change in bimmercode to stop the bulb check flickering? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
You have to turn off cold and warm checks for bulbs and change bulb type to led for each bulb i.e. brake, indicator etc. You could still get interference with DAB radio though.

#448 ·
timbo said:
Mailrhj said:
Hi chaps, I'm going to have a crack at swapping my rear bulbs for leds today. Does anyone know what settings I need to change in bimmercode to stop the bulb check flickering? Thanks.

You have to turn off cold and warm checks for bulbs and change bulb type to led for each bulb i.e. brake, indicator etc. You could still get interference with DAB radio though.

Thanks mate. How would the radio interfere?

#451 ·
I've replaced all the rear bulbs to LED, looks so much better. I haven't checked the DAB issue, I don't use DAB much. I will test it, as I'm surprised that fitting LEDs affects it.
It's a shame BMW did a cost reduction exercise and fitted normal bulbs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.