Baby BMW Forum banner

Northern Ireland M135i/M140i/M235i/M240i Owners

64K views 785 replies 63 participants last post by  Alex_001 
#1 ·
Thought I'd make an official thread for all of us in Northern Ireland as there seems to be quite a few now!

Might be useful for meets / dealer advice / group buy discount on parts etc!

Don't be shy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#502 ·
BluesHead said:
Following on from my thread in the main forum - I might be interested in p/xing my MPE for a similar/new stock exhaust. Im just trying to gauge interest at the minute, so would anyone with a 240i or one coming soon be interested?

Idea would be, we meet at BMW dealer (I use Prentice in Portadown as I've dealt with them for over 10 years and have always been treated well but would consider any of the others) and they do the swap.

You pay me for the MPE (agreed figure based on age and mileage of yours - if yours is over 1yr or has lot of miles then don't think I'd be interested as want to keep as close to mine as pos. 7mnths + 5k mls).

We both sort dealer for our own bills. I think this will keep it less messy if either need to return to dealer down the line. (Warranty on the labour etc). I'm sure someone will offer a non-dealer change but for peace of mind I'd prefer BMW to do the swap. (gonna take some stick for this :) )

From info on here I think it would also fit a 140i although whether BMW would do the swap I'm not sure. This would have to be at your own risk.

As I say I'm just gauging interest at the minute and will be trying a stock 140i next week to see what the difference really is - definitely wont proceed until after that.

BTW - jeez are these things rare in the Fermanagh area!! I quite literally have seen more Ferarri's in Enniskillen (2) than Mx40i's (0) in the last month !! Cant remember ever seeing one around here but I thought I was following one on the M1 a few days back but when I caught up to where I could read the model num it said M118d - I kid you not!! The colour of the M in the distance distracted me from the num of exhaust tips!!

Cheers guys.
Replied to your other thread

#511 ·
Teeth204 said:
Awaiting my M240i convertible - it was at the docks in Germany on 12th May. Anyone know what route it takes to get to Belfast or how long the next leg normally takes before delivery?
Very nice! Used to own an e93 and the good weather spell last week certainly made me miss the convertible!

bmw_ire there's some nice photos of your car from the run on Sunday!

#512 ·
nlrbmw said:
Teeth204 said:
Awaiting my M240i convertible - it was at the docks in Germany on 12th May. Anyone know what route it takes to get to Belfast or how long the next leg normally takes before delivery?
Very nice! Used to own an e93 and the good weather spell last week certainly made me miss the convertible!

bmw_ire there's some nice photos of your car from the run on Sunday!

Where you see them mate you a link, I was racing the Aston Martin back home. To my surprise he couldn't get away from me until the twistys, straight line I was on his ass had a laugh coming home from it.

#514 ·
Cheers, maybe he was just playing with me, looked up the BHP for it and it's something like 560 :lol2:

Was a good day out, would have been good to get a lap round the place, didn't fancy a half day at it, new breaks and tires would have been needed.

#517 ·
Tempted to call into PMG to get some kind of treatment. This weekend it's about a new powerwasher and snowfoam. any recommendations appreciated.

#518 ·
Simple little pressure washer like a karcher k2 won't harm your paintwork. Snow foams like glimmer man stuff all available from procar carryduff if your handy. Davy will keep you right.

#520 ·
+1 for procar! Was in a few weeks ago and Davy was very interested in the 140.
I've a Karcher K2, does the job well and was cheap - but does feel it. Got it from homebase when it was on offer for less than £50. Argos/Halfords/Homebase/B&Q usually have them on offer at some point.

Autobrite Direct have good products as well and quite a helpful Facebook group also

#521 ·
Cheers, autobrite seem to get a good rep. I'm Up early today - man on a mission :)

#523 ·
I read Nilfisk slightly better than the Karcher due to metal parts in the internals instead of plastic. Where did u buy it?

#524 ·
Purple Velvet by Autobrite, Lather by Autofinesse, GTechniq G Wash, Orchard Autocare Bramley Bubble Bath - they're all the ph neutral ones I've used, I'm sure there's others. Not much of a difference between them all really, just price!

#525 ·
nlrbmw said:
Purple Velvet by Autobrite, Lather by Autofinesse, GTechniq G Wash, Orchard Autocare Bramley Bubble Bath - they're all the ph neutral ones I've used, I'm sure there's others. Not much of a difference between them all really, just price!

Cheers I'll look those up. The one I have was very expensive so any saving is good!
I got the pressure washer from Amazon or possibly maplin. They both had a sale on!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.