Baby BMW Forum banner

M140i Coding Possibilities

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Timewarp 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Is this anything on the options list that can be coded on this car? I've read before that EHB can be coded. Is this true? It was a £350 option which i decided to leave. If this can be coded that would be cool. Is there anything else thats worth doing?

Also, mirrors. I've opted for the folding mirrors. But as standard do they automatically fold/unfold as you lock/unlock the car? That is what I would expect but just wanted to ask if anyone knew.

Man, I am so excited about this car. This month wait is going to be the longest month of my life.

Thanks,

Damien

#2 ·
I'm wondering whether to buy a coding kit...

Mirrors fold if you hold down button / door handle on comfort access, but they can be set to be one touch via coding.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

#4 ·
IIRC, you can't get any of the factory options for free per se, but you can enable bits of them if it's just software.

Folding mirrors don't fold/unfold as standard unless you hold down the lock/unlock button. You can code them to do so by minimising the delay they wait.

I went with Bimmercode and an OBD2 wifi dongle.

Chris

#5 ·
Might do Carly. The poor app / use of English puts me off a bit though. Sure it's fine...

#6 ·
I use Bimmercode and it's awesome, about £50 all in with the app and the dongle and works a treat.

Coded loads of stuff that when added up gives you a much better owner experience, including the one touch mirrors folding when you lock it. Loads of other things also.

#7 ·
Can you do change the indicators to flash 4 times and close windows without having to hold down when you lock?

#8 ·
Timewarp said:
Can you do change the indicators to flash 4 times and close windows without having to hold down when you lock?

You can change indicators to flash for 3/4/5 times.

Not sure on closing windows, in terms of not holding the button, but I have coded out the delay so as soon as you lock the car and hold the button it instantly puts the windows up - this is what folds the mirrors instantly as well.

#9 ·
Where is the odb port it plugs into?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.