Bluespark Tuning Box

Bluespark Automotive provide plug and play performance tuning solutions for Turbocharged Petrol and Diesel vehicles. We cover most BMW models and get great results from them. We are a UK company based just south of Newcastle Upon Tyne, where you are always welcome to call in for a chat.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, eddbluespark

sunshinewelly
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Bluespark Tuning Box

Post by sunshinewelly » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:28 pm

are there any users here who have fitted it to an M135.

How difficult is this to actually fit - i am useless when it comes to cars -

TheiOSDude

Post by TheiOSDude » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:55 pm

10 minutes to fit, whilst not identical to the M140i, it's only 2 sensors your putting into the Bluespark harness.. You'll be fine, promise.

sunshinewelly
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by sunshinewelly » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:29 am

For some reason i cant add anything to my cart on their site

Tooney
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Tooney » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:30 am

Just phone them up matey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M240i Auto, Mineral White, Coral Red Leather, Full Performance Kit & LSD

sgb27
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by sgb27 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:52 am

Tooney wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:25 pm
Image under that panel away from the hot side.

How did you get the harness from the engine side into the area under the cowel you circled? I couldn't see any openings to get the wires through, the only option seemed to be laying them over the top of the big rubber seal, but that would surely compromise the seal and let rain in? Anyone got any close-up photos of that area showing how they did it?
M140i Shadow - EB/Auto

Tooney
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Tooney » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:35 pm

Route From under the engine cover lift and remove that separate cover to the right. Root cable underneath it there is a break in the seal there. Lift and part it and route cable through. Push seal back down and replace cover.

sgb27
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by sgb27 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:02 pm

OK thanks, I was routing the wires to the back of the engine and trying to come in from the side, the harness is not long enough to then come back to that split in the seal. I'll try and reroute under that other cover.
M140i Shadow - EB/Auto

happy_micky

Post by happy_micky » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:19 pm

I'm experiencing the exact feeling on setting E, it almost felt like fuel cut on gear changes, and there was a slight feeling at 6k recs in the forth gear today that the car was just driving and no kicking...ive put the setting back to d now, car pulls strong and however you can still feel about 1 sec of hesitation on gear changes on full throttle but just not as harsh...car is 240i 2000 miles on the clock so don't think anything is leaking..

Will give Eds a call next week but has anyone got an answer for it yet?

MikeH1163 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:51 pm
Penfold wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:40 am
MikeH1163 wrote:First post on here, after watching this thread for a while i ordered and installed the blue spark tuning box on my M140i, this was a couple of days ago now and I can definitely feel the difference, 3rd gear pull is where it’s really noticeable in my opinion and that’s just on the default setting C, haven’t tested any of the others out yet.
However I have noticed on a couple of occasions now that when changing up into 3rd from 2nd (manual car) If you rev 2nd out fairly high the revs go dead as soon as you get into 3rd as thou tc is kicking in but this is whilst in sport + and it hangs for too long for that to be the cause, the revs just don’t want to go any higher. Its making all the right noises but its as thou the engines is on a very soft limiter like 1/2 of the power it would usually give at them revs if I had rolled it on in 3rd, you almost have to back out of the throttle and start again, feels like what I imagine a boost leak would feel like but surely not? I could be way off the mark but to me it’s as thou the car believes it’s at full boost after the up shift and it’s actually not until like I said you let off and start again.
Only other bits I have done are a K&N drop in filter and BSC midpipe so wouldn’t expect them to effect anything. Would be good to know if anyone had any ideas as to what the cause maybe or if anyone has experience anything similar in a manual with the bluespark?
I’ve experienced this two or three times, feels like a complete loss of power for a split second. Running map 5 on an auto box.
I’m a bit concerned about Bluespark not wanting to run the car in map 5 in case of AF issues, will maybe drop mine back to default until we hear some more.

After expierencing this limiting feeling again this evening in sport +, I turned dsc off after seeing what Edd had said and tried to replicate the problem but it seemed to be gone. Tried it a good few times as well up and down the same stretch of motorway, I’ve now got the box on setting D (pin 4) and the car really pulls.

How have you found it in on setting E? No other issues other than what you mentioned above? I think I’m going to be moving it up another one soon.

Penfold
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Penfold » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:16 am

happy_micky wrote:I'm experiencing the exact feeling on setting E, it almost felt like fuel cut on gear changes, and there was a slight feeling at 6k recs in the forth gear today that the car was just driving and no kicking...ive put the setting back to d now, car pulls strong and however you can still feel about 1 sec of hesitation on gear changes on full throttle but just not as harsh...car is 240i 2000 miles on the clock so don't think anything is leaking..

MikeH1163 wrote:
Penfold wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:40 am
I’ve experienced this two or three times, feels like a complete loss of power for a split second. Running map 5 on an auto box.
I’m a bit concerned about Bluespark not wanting to run the car in map 5 in case of AF issues, will maybe drop mine back to default until we hear some more.

After expierencing this limiting feeling again this evening in sport +, I turned dsc off after seeing what Edd had said and tried to replicate the problem but it seemed to be gone. Tried it a good few times as well up and down the same stretch of motorway, I’ve now got the box on setting D (pin 4) and the car really pulls.

How have you found it in on setting E? No other issues other than what you mentioned above? I think I’m going to be moving it up another one soon.
Mine does it no matter what setting I’m on. I’ve took it off the car for now.

happy_micky

Post by happy_micky » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:03 pm

Ah that is bad....Have you contacted Ed or is it worthwhile to invest in JB4 (don't know if they would do the same) or something else?

Penfold wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:16 am
happy_micky wrote:I'm experiencing the exact feeling on setting E, it almost felt like fuel cut on gear changes, and there was a slight feeling at 6k recs in the forth gear today that the car was just driving and no kicking...ive put the setting back to d now, car pulls strong and however you can still feel about 1 sec of hesitation on gear changes on full throttle but just not as harsh...car is 240i 2000 miles on the clock so don't think anything is leaking..

MikeH1163 wrote:

Mine does it no matter what setting I’m on. I’ve took it off the car for now.

Frp328
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Frp328 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:40 pm

After running the car for a few weeks iv decided to revert back to setting D !
E gave the car a drive train error which put the car into limp mode twice an the map just seems too lumpy!
All smooth an fine on D with no errors and still pulls like a a train!

Tooney
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Tooney » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:28 pm

Over the moon with my Dyno results today. Map E, Vrsf downpipe & BMS intake. 458bhp & 500lb/ft. Unplugged the box and the car ran 358bhp. Image

cadmunkey
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by cadmunkey » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:49 am

Tooney wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:28 pm
Over the moon with my Dyno results today. Map E, Vrsf downpipe & BMS intake. 458bhp & 500lb/ft. Unplugged the box and the car ran 358bhp. Image

Haha I saw your results caused a stir on the owners group over on Facebook :wink:

mikeyw85
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by mikeyw85 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:11 am

That Ben bloke is a total idiot. I think steroids have rotted his brain or something.

Nice results :)

Tooney
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Tooney » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:56 am

Haha thank you, he is very blinkered in his views. It has certainly ruffled a few Jb4 feathers also. His jb+ was run on the same Dyno he was say bluespark was rubbish. His results were posted all over Facebook by BMS dealers even Blogs written. Yet when mine goes on the same Dyno and beats Jb+ and Jb4 figures it is then called in accurate. Same bloody Dyno . Rs tuning said it is the highest powered B58 they have had on their dyno. They even brought up previous Jb4 & Jb+ runs to compare the graphs and results. Job done as far as I'm concerned, I always said this box was running Jb4 decat power and I have proven it does on a Dyno of their choice.

Return to “Bluespark Automotive”