Bluespark Tuning Box

Bluespark Automotive provide plug and play performance tuning solutions for Turbocharged Petrol and Diesel vehicles. We cover most BMW models and get great results from them. We are a UK company based just south of Newcastle Upon Tyne, where you are always welcome to call in for a chat.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, eddbluespark

Mbateman
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Bluespark Tuning Box

Post by Mbateman » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:22 pm

Spoof wrote:
The different Firmware fixed this completely for me.
How do you update the firmware?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ja50nK
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Ja50nK » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:41 pm

Mbateman wrote:
Spoof wrote:
How do you update the firmware?

Contact Bluespark - you'll need to send it back if an update it required. Best contact them and they will help you with your issue one way or another.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sunset Orange LCI2 M140i, Auto, 5 Door, MPE

MrArthur
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by MrArthur » Wed May 02, 2018 12:17 am

Hi guys,

I been driving my M140i in map C, 621miles/1000km for a ”run in period”, its still lumpy, not smooth at all. Its 2 seconds faster from 100km/h to 200, so the box is working. But it feels very lumpy.

What to do?

We have a very nice racing event this weekend, on a airstrip, its head2head. I will race my lumpy M140i there and after I will try to send it back for a firmware update ”a spoof problem”...

I love the quick answers from Edd, so I want BlueSpark to work on my car.

Like I said, I will give bluespark another try after this weekend.

Best Regards
//Arthur
Alpine White BMW M140i 5-door, MPE with carbon tips and front oval muffler delete, PiperCross filter, BlueSpark, Dragy GPS, ZF 8-speed, adaptive, HK, and mutch mutch more, witout moonroof

LiamH

Post by LiamH » Thu May 03, 2018 11:09 am

Spoof wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:23 pm
Does this mean there is a firmware update for the B58 Bluespark? My box was purchased in Jan and I do still have the hesitation when using the full rev range in second and third then changing up.

M140 Bowker

Post by M140 Bowker » Fri May 04, 2018 12:13 pm

Tooney wrote:Over the moon with my Dyno results today. Map E, Vrsf downpipe & BMS intake. 458bhp & 500lb/ft. Unplugged the box and the car ran 358bhp. Image

Iv not yet been on a dyno but I had the feeling mine was over the 400 mark Iv got the same decat as you with a custom 3” to the back box but only a panel filter at the min and it feels like it pulls harder than my old mans m3 comp. nice to see some confirmation Image

Spoof
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Spoof » Sat May 05, 2018 7:57 pm

MrArthur wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 12:17 am
Hi guys,

I been driving my M140i in map C, 621miles/1000km for a ”run in period”, its still lumpy, not smooth at all. Its 2 seconds faster from 100km/h to 200, so the box is working. But it feels very lumpy.

What to do?

We have a very nice racing event this weekend, on a airstrip, its head2head. I will race my lumpy M140i there and after I will try to send it back for a firmware update ”a spoof problem”...

Best Regards
//Arthur
If your car is behaving like mine was. I wouldn't run it full throttle for prolonged periods.

MrArthur
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by MrArthur » Mon May 07, 2018 7:51 am

Spoof wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 7:57 pm
MrArthur wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 12:17 am
Hi guys,

What to do?

Best Regards
//Arthur
If your car is behaving like mine was. I wouldn't run it full throttle for prolonged periods.
Hi all,

It´s like many many hesitations when using the full rev range in second, third, fourth before changing up. It´s on all gears from 3000RPM to 7000RPM, when you hammer it. Im in the D setting now but it´s realy the same feeling in all gears. :cry:

Is that the same problem you had Mr Spoof? :(
Alpine White BMW M140i 5-door, MPE with carbon tips and front oval muffler delete, PiperCross filter, BlueSpark, Dragy GPS, ZF 8-speed, adaptive, HK, and mutch mutch more, witout moonroof

Spoof
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Spoof » Tue May 08, 2018 10:47 am

Yup. Exactly the same.

sspdw
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by sspdw » Thu May 10, 2018 7:09 pm

When did you buy your bluespark mc arthur?

MrArthur
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by MrArthur » Sat May 12, 2018 6:00 pm

sspdw wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 7:09 pm
When did you buy your bluespark mc arthur?
12th April 2018, but I was waiting 2 weeks before install.

BlueSatan
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by BlueSatan » Fri May 18, 2018 9:55 pm

Looking forward to fitting this to the magnificent beast. Anyone knows a decent sportscat downpipe under £500.00. Worried of EML lights if I go decat route.
M140i SE
Eibach 25mm / 20mm Spacers 12 /15mm
Pipercross Panel Filter
MPE w/ BCS Midpipe Running BlueSpark

Swirley84
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Swirley84 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:14 pm

Guys, iv had the box for a good few weeks now and done a 1000 miles which inclded a trip to Nürburgring but today I have had my engine management light come on, car seems to be running fine and I am not sure if is related to the box but anyone had anything similar? Cheers

MrArthur
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by MrArthur » Fri May 25, 2018 1:43 am

Swirley84 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:14 pm
Guys, iv had the box for a good few weeks now and done a 1000 miles which inclded a trip to Nürburgring but today I have had my engine management light come on, car seems to be running fine and I am not sure if is related to the box but anyone had anything similar? Cheers

Hi,

I had the same ”drivetrain” error yesterday, driving in map D, very lumpy from 3500 rpm, i took out the box today and will send it back to Edd at BlueSpark for Update of firmware.

The car is running good without the box, no EML’s

Swirley84
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Swirley84 » Fri May 25, 2018 12:28 pm

MrArthur wrote:
Swirley84 wrote:

Hi,

I had the same ”drivetrain” error yesterday, driving in map D, very lumpy from 3500 rpm, i took out the box today and will send it back to Edd at BlueSpark for Update of firmware.

I had the codes checked and they was regarding the boost, cleared them and put the box down to map D all seems well again now!

M140 Bowker

Post by M140 Bowker » Fri May 25, 2018 6:16 pm

MrArthur wrote:
Swirley84 wrote:

Hi,

Iv had the drivetrain error a couple of times and it goes into a limp mode, both times this has happened it has been low on fuel 25 odd miles range and once was pulling hard off a island and the other was accelerating up a hill. Iv replicated both of these (same place) when Iv got a normal amount of fuel and nothing happened. Could be a fuel pick up problem I thought as it’s never happened without a low fuel level.

Return to “Bluespark Automotive”