Bluespark Tuning Box

Bluespark Automotive provide plug and play performance tuning solutions for Turbocharged Petrol and Diesel vehicles. We cover most BMW models and get great results from them. We are a UK company based just south of Newcastle Upon Tyne, where you are always welcome to call in for a chat.

Moderators: Lambster, marco_polo, Rich196, babybmwadmin, Producethis, eddbluespark

BigandScottish

Re: Bluespark Tuning Box

Post by BigandScottish » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:17 pm

Fitted mine yesterday on map D -makes a good difference, like it :D

Had to take it off as car going back into dealer - :cry:

Robtor

Post by Robtor » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:15 am

I have literally just read this topic from start to finish - good read!

My question is; Has anyone tried altering the 1 - 9 dial? On my diesel BS box this increases the strength of the map selected with the A - E selector. I haven't seen it mentioned once here or in the instructions so I'm guessing it's not in use in this application?

Edit: Emailed Bluespark and they replied instantly; the dial in question isn't used on petrol cars and has no effect.

bigbruiseral

Post by bigbruiseral » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:02 am

When changing from D to E is just engine off move the pin up one and away you go or are people locking the car waiting 5 min before they move pins?

An are the pins labled i didt notice any marks from A to E i just mopped it in the middle

happy_micky

Post by happy_micky » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:19 am

Had a great experience with the box on my M240i which is going back tomorrow...for an exchange to a M2C!! Very excited but does anyone have any experience with the Bluespark on a M2C yet? I have placed my order for the bluespark unit already but just wanted to listen to people's opnions on them.
Thanks

Tooney
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Tooney » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:40 am

happy_micky wrote:Had a great experience with the box on my M240i which is going back tomorrow...for an exchange to a M2C!! Very excited but does anyone have any experience with the Bluespark on a M2C yet? I have placed my order for the bluespark unit already but just wanted to listen to people's opnions on them.
Thanks
Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M2 Competition Hockenheim Silver

Goon
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Goon » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:30 pm

MrArthur wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 7:51 am
Spoof wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 7:57 pm
MrArthur wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 12:17 am
Hi guys,

I been driving my M140i in map C, 621miles/1000km for a ”run in period”, its still lumpy, not smooth at all. Its 2 seconds faster from 100km/h to 200, so the box is working. But it feels very lumpy.

What to do?

We have a very nice racing event this weekend, on a airstrip, its head2head. I will race my lumpy M140i there and after I will try to send it back for a firmware update ”a spoof problem”...

I love the quick answers from Edd, so I want BlueSpark to work on my car.

Like I said, I will give bluespark another try after this weekend.

Best Regards
//Arthur
If your car is behaving like mine was. I wouldn't run it full throttle for prolonged periods.
Hi all,

It´s like many many hesitations when using the full rev range in second, third, fourth before changing up. It´s on all gears from 3000RPM to 7000RPM, when you hammer it. Im in the D setting now but it´s realy the same feeling in all gears. :cry:

Is that the same problem you had Mr Spoof? :(
Look at the graph above, that's why your cars feeling lumpy, the line is all over the place no smoothness at all.

Barney McGrew
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Barney McGrew » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:21 am

Like I've said before, mine was also a bit lumpy and you really notice a lack of smoothness (maybe it's a some do, some don't situation) and after the drivetrain error I took it off. Dealer sorted the error and I didn't put it back on as realised much prefer the car in smooth stock form even if I do miss a little power.

Mine's 3 years old next year so will be looking to a proper remap such as Lichfield etc, I'm not keen on using these boxes now.

Anyway, each to their own, many seem to use them and really like the outcome.
2017 M140i

bigbruiseral

Post by bigbruiseral » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:12 pm

Barney McGrew wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:21 am
Like I've said before, mine was also a bit lumpy and you really notice a lack of smoothness (maybe it's a some do, some don't situation) and after the drivetrain error I took it off. Dealer sorted the error and I didn't put it back on as realised much prefer the car in smooth stock form even if I do miss a little power.

Mine's 3 years old next year so will be looking to a proper remap such as Lichfield etc, I'm not keen on using these boxes now.

Anyway, each to their own, many seem to use them and really like the outcome.
yup same here, if your not on full throttle is not bad all and feels quick, soon i use full power it's lumpy and ultimately feels allot slower and ruins the experience for me

Lowrider 1

Post by Lowrider 1 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:22 am

I fitted a bluespark on my M140i last week. I have noticed a marked difference in the performance when the weather conditioned allowed. The car even feels better when I put in granny mode (eco mode ). When I put the car in sports mode and moved the gear-lever to sport I couldn’t believe the improvement in performance and I am only set on C setting.

eddbluespark
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by eddbluespark » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:32 am

bigbruiseral wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:12 pm
yup same here, if your not on full throttle is not bad all and feels quick, soon i use full power it's lumpy and ultimately feels allot slower and ruins the experience for me
If you give us a call we can help you sort this, its normally pretty easily solved.
Bluespark Automotive Ltd - Plug and Play Tuning Solutions - See what we can do for your BMW here: https://www.bluesparkautomotive.com/bmw-tuning

eddbluespark
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by eddbluespark » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:34 am

Lowrider 1 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:22 am
I fitted a bluespark on my M140i last week. I have noticed a marked difference in the performance when the weather conditioned allowed. The car even feels better when I put in granny mode (eco mode ). When I put the car in sports mode and moved the gear-lever to sport I couldn’t believe the improvement in performance and I am only set on C setting.
I'm glad to hear you are getting good results from it :)
Bluespark Automotive Ltd - Plug and Play Tuning Solutions - See what we can do for your BMW here: https://www.bluesparkautomotive.com/bmw-tuning

Lowrider 1

Post by Lowrider 1 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:36 pm

Thanks Edd.
Keep up the good work.

bigbruiseral

Post by bigbruiseral » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:00 pm

eddbluespark wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:32 am
bigbruiseral wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:12 pm
If you give us a call we can help you sort this, its normally pretty easily solved.
Already did, prob easier for me to sell and go JB+

eddbluespark
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by eddbluespark » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:45 am

bigbruiseral wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:00 pm
Already did, prob easier for me to sell and go JB+
You could, but there's no guarantee that you won't have the exact same problem.

If you have already contacted us, were we not able to help? There are a few things that are worth checking on the vehicle, but also there are a few things that we can do with the box to resolve whatever the issue might be.

Tooney
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Tooney » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:05 pm

I had a Jb+ prior to the Bluespark it was jerky as hell and slower it got sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M2 Competition Hockenheim Silver

Return to “Bluespark Automotive”