Bluespark Tuning Box

Bluespark Automotive provide plug and play performance tuning solutions for Turbocharged Petrol and Diesel vehicles. We cover most BMW models and get great results from them. We are a UK company based just south of Newcastle Upon Tyne, where you are always welcome to call in for a chat.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, eddbluespark

Post Reply
louisjack23
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:08 pm
Location: Aberdeen

Bluespark Tuning Box

Post by louisjack23 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:53 am

So to be a bit different and having run Bluespark boxes on my last two cars I thought screw it i'll give them a shot on the M240i. £160 delivered and someone has to move away from all the JB+/4 options (even if they are good and tested).

Anyway fitted the box yesterday and holy mother of god does it shift now!!! 3rd gear snaking down the road leaving a 40 zone on a hot dry day was the first sign things were working. After driving 150 miles with it all I can say is wow it's transformed the car!

Looking forward to running some times (0-60, 0-100, 60-120) as I have base times to compare with. Had a new leon cupra 300 come right up my bumper on the run up to an overtaking lane looking for a play and lets just say in a matter of seconds it was 10 car lengths back :lol:

User avatar
M-140i
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 1:06 am

Re: Bluespark Tuning Box

Post by M-140i » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:21 am

415bhp and 605Nm of torque, for 175£ ??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
/M140i xdrive

louisjack23
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:08 pm
Location: Aberdeen

Re: Bluespark Tuning Box

Post by louisjack23 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:27 am

M-140i wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:21 am
415bhp and 605Nm of torque, for 175£ ??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
That's what's stated, of course we can all take these figures with a pinch of salt and to me the real world performance means more than a number but that's where it's winning for me. It really does shift and is far quicker than standard!

Also there is a 10% off code which takes it down to just shy of £160.

Bargain in my eyes

CptCarpy
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:34 am

Re: Bluespark Tuning Box

Post by CptCarpy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:29 am

Hi,

Where did you get it and how easy was fitting?

Cheers

User avatar
M-140i
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 1:06 am

Re: Bluespark Tuning Box

Post by M-140i » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:31 am

louisjack23 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:27 am
M-140i wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:21 am
415bhp and 605Nm of torque, for 175£ ??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
That's what's stated, of course we can all take these figures with a pinch of salt and to me the real world performance means more than a number but that's where it's winning for me. It really does shift and is far quicker than standard!

Also there is a 10% off code which takes it down to just shy of £160.

Bargain in my eyes
Do you plan to put the car on a dyno?
/M140i xdrive

louisjack23
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:08 pm
Location: Aberdeen

Re: Bluespark Tuning Box

Post by louisjack23 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:32 am

CptCarpy wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:29 am
Hi,

Where did you get it and how easy was fitting?

Cheers
Got it from Bluespark tuning directly, fitting was a doddle however there was an error on their part as one of the boost connectors was not correct, the little slot in the connector was fouling on the plug so I made a slight adjustment with a stanley blade and it plugged in no problem.

No doubt this was a one off manufacturing error though as the other plugs were spot on as they have been previously for me over the years

louisjack23
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:08 pm
Location: Aberdeen

Re: Bluespark Tuning Box

Post by louisjack23 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:33 am

M-140i wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:31 am
louisjack23 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:27 am
M-140i wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:21 am
415bhp and 605Nm of torque, for 175£ ??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
That's what's stated, of course we can all take these figures with a pinch of salt and to me the real world performance means more than a number but that's where it's winning for me. It really does shift and is far quicker than standard!

Also there is a 10% off code which takes it down to just shy of £160.

Bargain in my eyes
Do you plan to put the car on a dyno?
Not anytime soon, quite expensive up here however if I see something offered at a reasonable price then I'm more than happy to get it on the rollers.

Mr Kirk
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 941
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 1:03 pm

Re: Bluespark Tuning Box

Post by Mr Kirk » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:00 am

Does it plug in the same as jb+? Any pics?

louisjack23
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:08 pm
Location: Aberdeen

Re: Bluespark Tuning Box

Post by louisjack23 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:09 am

Mr Kirk wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:00 am
Does it plug in the same as jb+? Any pics?
I don't have any pics and not 100% on how the JB+ connects but this basically loops into the MAP sensor on the top of the engine and the Boost sensor at the front of the engine.

Mr Kirk
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 941
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 1:03 pm

Re: Bluespark Tuning Box

Post by Mr Kirk » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:18 am

Does it plug in the same as jb+? Any pics?

User avatar
GeoffCollins
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1013
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:02 am
Location: Around London
Contact:

Re: Bluespark Tuning Box

Post by GeoffCollins » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:34 am

Slightly annoyed the gains aren't as much on the M135i :(

Is there any adjustment or anything like the JB4 or is it constantly on?
M135i (2014 Manual) - Custom Stainless Exhaust, JB4, BMS Intake, M4 LCA, M4 Front Pads, MeisterR Coilovers, Cades Bern Wheels, Reiger Diffuser, Maxton Splitter, Double Slat Grills, M4 Mirror Caps

louisjack23
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:08 pm
Location: Aberdeen

Re: Bluespark Tuning Box

Post by louisjack23 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:52 pm

GeoffCollins wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:34 am
Slightly annoyed the gains aren't as much on the M135i :(

Is there any adjustment or anything like the JB4 or is it constantly on?
It has 5 jumpers that you can switch maps on, bit more old school than the bluetooth kits on JB4 these days but functions just the same

Rhysmcgill
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:56 pm

Re: Bluespark Tuning Box

Post by Rhysmcgill » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:11 pm

When you say jumpers? I was looking into gettin jb4 but the money diff from the same power hmmm
VO M140i auto owner :lol:

louisjack23
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:08 pm
Location: Aberdeen

Re: Bluespark Tuning Box

Post by louisjack23 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:15 pm

Rhysmcgill wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:11 pm
When you say jumpers? I was looking into gettin jb4 but the money diff from the same power hmmm
As in you have essentially 5 pins (maps) and an electrical jumper (Connector) which is placed onto the desired pin (map)

Might sound more complicated than it is, basically it comes on pin (map) 3 and I'm currently running pin (map) 4. On previous cars I found 4 to be the best but I shall try 5 once the weather dries up. I normally find 5 to be a bit peaky and overly aggressive.

louisjack23
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:08 pm
Location: Aberdeen

Re: Bluespark Tuning Box

Post by louisjack23 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:18 pm

changesettingspetrol.jpg
changesettingspetrol.jpg (43.53 KiB) Viewed 3364 times

Post Reply

Return to “Bluespark Automotive”